Thread: Monkeypox Spread by Close Contact Club Closures Possible

Thanks
    Thanked 5,658 Times in 2,107 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

Default Monkeypox Spread by Close Contact Club Closures Possible

The ways that Monkeypox spreads are very concerning for those working in a lapdance club or even a restaurant. Skin to skin contact is risky but so is skin to fabric, utensils, glasses, etc. One outbreak at a club would be catastrophic.

Per CDC guidlines:

• People with monkeypox should isolate until rash has fully resolved, the scabs have fallen off, and a fresh layer of intact skin has formed.
    • People with monkeypox should follow these recommendations until cleared by state or local public health officials:
      • Friends, family or others without an essential need to be in the home should not visit.
      • Avoid close contact with others.
      • Avoid close contact with pets in the home and other animals.
      • Do not engage in sexual activity that involves direct physical contact.
      • Do not share potentially contaminated items, such as bed linens, clothing, towels, wash cloths, drinking glasses or eating utensils.
      • Routinely clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces and items, such as counters or light switches, using an EPA-registered disinfectant (such as List Q) in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
      • Wear well-fitting source control (e.g., medical mask) when in close contact with others at home.
      • Avoid use of contact lenses to prevent inadvertent infection of the eye.
        [*]Avoid shaving rash-covered areas of the body as this can lead to spread of the virus.

• Bathroom usage:
      • If possible, use a separate bathroom if there are others who live in the same household.
      • If there is not a separate bathroom in the home, the patient should clean and disinfect surfaces such as counters, toilet seats, faucets, using an EPA-registered disinfectant (such as List Q) after using a shared space. This may include during activities like showering, using the toilet, or changing bandages that cover the rash. Consider disposable glove use while cleaning if rash is present on the hands.

• Limit exposure to others:
      • Avoid contact with unaffected individuals until the rash has resolved, the scabs have fallen off, and a fresh layer of intact skin has formed.
      • Isolate in a room or area separate from other household members and pets when possible.
      • Limit use of spaces, items, and food that are shared with other household members.
      • Do not share dishes and other eating utensils. It is not necessary for the infected person to use separate utensils if properly washed. Wash soiled dishes and eating utensils in a dishwasher or by hand with warm water and soap.

from who.int World Health Organization

Beyond social and sexual networks of men who have sex with men, it’s clear that cases in other population groups, including women and children – some of whom may be vulnerable to more severe disease – are increasing, although these remain minimal. Close-contact sexual transmission is the key mode of spread, but cases are being detected through household transmission episodes, and sometimes with no clear exposure history at all.

While we acknowledge uncertainties about how this outbreak will play out, we must respond to the epidemiology before us, focusing on the most dominant mode of transmission – skin-to-skin contact during sexual encounters – and the groups at highest risk of infection. As such, the responsibility for stopping this outbreak is necessarily a joint responsibility, shared among health institutions and authorities, governments, and affected communities and individuals themselves.

“What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.” - ECKHART TOLLE

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,976 Times in 4,521 Posts

Default Re: Monkeypox Spread by Close Contact Club Closures Possible

If you know you've been exposed to the virus, you should look into getting the vaccine. I read that the vaccine is still effective, even if you've been exposed to the virus, for up to four days after the virus is transmitted.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

Per CDC - Because Monkeypox virus is closely related to the virus that causes smallpox, the smallpox vaccine can protect people from getting monkeypox. Past data from Africa suggests that the smallpox vaccine is at least 85% effective in preventing monkeypox.

“What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.” - ECKHART TOLLE

Thanks
    Thanked 33,409 Times in 12,224 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

If it ain’t one thing , it’s another

Ffs!
    “Cook for him like a housewife, fuck him good like a nympho….pay the rent and the car note, he invests in me like crypto”

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,976 Times in 4,521 Posts

here's more on the vaccine:
    https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeyp...ccination.html

CDC recommends that the vaccine be given within 4 days from the date of exposure for the best chance to prevent onset of the disease.

If given between 4 and 14 days after the date of exposure, vaccination may reduce the symptoms of disease, but may not prevent the disease. Benefits may still outweigh risks when giving vaccine more than 14 days after exposure in some clinical situations (e.g., high risk exposure in a person at high risk for severe disease, such as severe immune compromise). Vaccination given after the onset of signs or symptoms of monkeypox is not expected to provide benefit.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,497 Times in 3,084 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Is anyone vaccinated against smallpox now?

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    Is anyone vaccinated against smallpox now?
    Anyone born before 1971 would have been vaccinated.
    In 1798, the first smallpox vaccine was developed. Over the 18th and 19th centuries, systematic implementation of mass smallpox immunization culminated in its global eradication in 1979.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,497 Times in 3,084 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Thanks. I probably should have looked that up myself. Explains why we dont see vaccination scars like we used to.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to slowpoke For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,793 Times in 2,584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    If it ain’t one thing , it’s another

Ffs!
    My spiritual teacher played the song with the lyrics to enjoy the world now before it ends. That’s where I’m at.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you don’t want

16. The Following User Says Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

Seaton is a cashier and believes she likely caught monkeypox at work.

“I just want y’all to know that I did not do anything sexual to contract this disease. This thing is spreading. It’s here,” Seaton said.

Washington spoke with Dr. Jayne Morgan, executive director of the COVID-19 Task Force for Piedmont Healthcare Corporation, and asked her how transmissible the virus is and what, in addition to getting the vaccine, can people do to stay monkeypox-free.

“You can get it from sharing towels and sharing linens, if the person who used the towel or slept in that bed is infected with the monkeypox virus,” Morgan said. “The normal cleaning and disinfecting processes should be maintained.”

[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]

Seaton said she wants anyone who hears her story to take the virus seriously.

“These scars will fade, but you will forever notice,” Seaton said.

Seaton is still in isolation and out of work. She started a GoFundMe account to help with expenses.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cob...AMNAKVDDQIIYA/

This is an example of how simply taking tips can be a problem. This is very concerning.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,793 Times in 2,584 Posts

Might be time to start Camming again
    Last edited by moneybags; 08-05-2022 at 05:49 PM.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you don’t want

20. The Following User Says Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post: