Thread: Kinkbomb blew up, huh?

Thanks

Default Kinkbomb blew up, huh?

...So apparently the site just up and disappeared and models were owed payouts. The twitter last updated last month but in a blog post and the blog is no longer online. Anyone know the backstory?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 576 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

Default Re: Kinkbomb blew up, huh?

They lost their credit card processor a while back, last year I think? They were paying international models only by PayPal or wire, American models, I don't know how. They refused to pay me and stopped replying to emails several months ago. Now they just took the money and run...oh well, at least I don't have to go and individually delete hundreds of clips now. They owed me several hundred dollars. I had been using them for several years. I wish we could take them to court.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SophiaSylvan For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

^wow that is so shady. I had no idea it was that bad.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 576 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

Oh, it's bad. I wonder if Princess Rene is still affiliated with this mayhem. Around the beginnings of the pandemic they offered 90% payouts probably to lure more people in to scam them, leaving a message that sounded altruistic like they want to help people, when they really wanted to bring more models back so they could take 100% of the earnings I guess, before they deleted the site. Sucks that in the adult industry we don't have much recourse to the law for this kind of thing, especially if we don't live in the same country as them.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SophiaSylvan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by DubDoll View Post
    ...So apparently the site just up and disappeared and models were owed payouts. The twitter last updated last month but in a blog post and the blog is no longer online. Anyone know the backstory?
    they're gone, with your money. These sites come and go. remember youkandy? epassporte? amvc? avn stars? and a lot more. They weren't making any money, the traffic was low. I'm guessing they allowed videos that was banned by their bank/processor. All of those clip/fan sites are getting killed by only-fans, they can't compete.

https://twitter.com/jennydemilo/stat...78203410948098
    https://twitter.com/MorriganHavoc/st...39562166161409
    https://twitter.com/TheRubyUmbrella/...69526478782465
    https://web.archive.org/web/20220531...rding-payouts/

edit
    here are a red flag I found
    their address is a UPS mail drop store - a major front facing site like this MUST have an actual physical address https://web.archive.org/web/20170701...lease-Form.pdf
    Last edited by Robert De Niro; 08-04-2022 at 07:44 PM. Reason: red flag
    Are you looking at me?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert De Niro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,674 Times in 2,723 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Good riddance to KinkBomb.While I feel for those who didn't receive their payments; I am glad their company died.They gave me hell in order to get my last paycheck from them.
    Wolves may lurk in every guise / Now as then, 'tis simple truth / Sweetest tongue has sharpest tooth.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DonaDiabla For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,497 Times in 5,133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robert De Niro View Post
    they're gone, with your money. These sites come and go. remember youkandy? epassporte? amvc? avn stars? and a lot more. They weren't making any money, the traffic was low. I'm guessing they allowed videos that was banned by their bank/processor.
    Kinkbomb has always been the lowest traffic most mismanaged site and most of us knew it. They ran off most of the highest better selling clip artists by screwing with payment and having no idea how to promote the site. I'm shocked they lasted this long.

All of those clip/fan sites are getting killed by only-fans, they can't compete.
    Have to disagree there. Clips4sale, IWantclips and Loyalfans all seem to be thriving and are super careful (annoyingly careful) about policing content to protect the site and access to their payment processors.

I've been focusing most of my effort on Loyalfans lately although I do still have an Onlyfans. Loyalfans has way more features, actually listens to creators and makes changes for us. Also most importantly for my own particular market there are a lot of top dommes who have moved to Loyalfans exclusively, bringing along their clients. I find it much easier to make more from each client because there are more ways to provide personal interaction tailored to each particular fetish.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I had a problem getting paid from them for a while but then they started paying me regularly. They probably owed me about $80 before the site disappeared so it's not that bad of a loss but I'm sure others lost much more.

Thanks

Actually I have some interesting info on Onlyfans 'competing'. Going to start a different thread for it though. Thanks for the info everyone, and I agree. The site gave me weird sloppy vibes.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DubDoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 Times in 916 Posts

Wow I've been away for a while and I come back to the surprise that AVN Stars had disappeared lmao. Now I see Kinkbomb has too! Welcome back to me.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juliette25 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

they're gone, with your money. These sites come and go. remember youkandy? epassporte? amvc? avn stars? and a lot more. They weren't making any money, the traffic was low. I'm guessing they allowed videos that was banned by their bank/processor. All of those clip/fan sites are getting killed by only-fans, they can't compete.

twitter/jennydemilo/status/1549178203410948098
    Looks like Jenny backed off of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by laurielegs View Post
    Kinkbomb has always been the lowest traffic most mismanaged site and most of us knew it. They ran off most of the highest better selling clip artists by screwing with payment and having no idea how to promote the site. I'm shocked they lasted this long.
    This is where iWantClips is clearly headed. They just settled another lawsuit a few weeks ago wherein it was claimed that both Nikki and her husband acted out in a repeatedly discriminatory manner against a proven productive employee. That is clearly bad for business and hurts iWantClips' ability to remain a success going forward. Starting a few days after the Friday the 13th announcement about biometrics, they have been resorting to cheap contests that keep rewarding their top three girls. They also give a few of the top girls(known as Nikki's Roses) far higher royalties than the normal 60%. iWantClips should be so much better than it is considering it's operated by a clip girl.

Quote Originally Posted by laurielegs View Post
    Clips4sale, IWantclips and Loyalfans all seem to be thriving and are super careful (annoyingly careful) about policing content to protect the site and access to their payment processors.
    Both Clips4Sale and iWantClips are currently implementing new ways of generating site traffic. Clips4Sale is running a few satellite pages that pose as tube sites but actually link visitors to respective clip stores. iWantClips is trying to get models to partake in a low-reward Halloween photo contest on Twitter. While it's good they are both trying to get more traffic, it is a clear sign that neither are where they want to be.

Word on the street is that iWantClips will be one of the sponsors at January's AVN Awards. I don't think that is going to be the attention-getting move that saves the site and the spotlight runs the risk of backfiring this time. There has been growing negative sentiment toward iWantClips for several months now. One of their European payment processors, ePayments, just went out of business because of a second money laundering investigation and people's money has been frozen.

A year or so ago, Violet Doll made some claims on Twitter that she was forced to delete after iWantClips was able to get their lawyers after her. She said something to the effect of they were going out of business, but for some reason she did not elaborate. What was actually going on behind the scenes was sort of an attempted coup. Two high-up employees were stealing business secrets and they were going to start their own iWantClips clone site. iWc ended up finding out about it and they were able to file a lawsuit and stop it from going forward. While this did not work out, it is a clear sign that iWantClips is generally one of the more risky operations.

Both the worker's discrimination lawsuit and iWc's business secrets lawsuit revealed further questionable connections and business decisions that will likely continue to blow-up in the relatively near future.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to p0rnunicorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,819 Times in 4,126 Posts
    My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Juliette25 View Post
    Wow I've been away for a while and I come back to the surprise that AVN Stars had disappeared lmao. Now I see Kinkbomb has too! Welcome back to me.
    Welcome back!

I totally know how you feel. I have only recently come back myself and I have also noticed it is definitely a different world now too.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to justanothercamgirl For This Useful Post: