Thread: Does having a dancer lisence go to your record leaving a stigma of a stripper?

Thanks

Default Does having a dancer lisence go to your record leaving a stigma of a stripper?

I am waiting for my green card interview and I dont want to have any signs of stripping in my record. If I get dancer lisence to dance in Vegas, is it gonna stay in my record and be seen for my next background check??

Thanks
    Thanked 2,339 Times in 923 Posts

Default Re: Does having a dancer lisence go to your record leaving a stigma of a stripper?

Immigration can, presumably, run an FBI level background check which would definitely turn up a dancer license. Do they care? Possibly depending on your visa status now. If you have a right to work, then I doubt that Immigration would care. If you don't have a right to work, then I think it would be disqualifying.

HTH
    Z

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zofia For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: Does having a dancer lisence go to your record leaving a stigma of a stripper?

Quote Originally Posted by Zofia View Post
    Immigration can, presumably, run an FBI level background check which would definitely turn up a dancer license. Do they care? Possibly depending on your visa status now. If you have a right to work, then I doubt that Immigration would care. If you don't have a right to work, then I think it would be disqualifying.

HTH
    Z
    i have an authorization to work, I only worry that its not gonna look good on my moral character and theyll sabe judging and it might affect their decision because of all that stereotypes and bias people always have once they hear Im a stripper

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetaloe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,355 Times in 6,646 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by sweetaloe View Post
    i have an authorization to work, I only worry that it’s not gonna look good on my moral character and they’ll sabe judging and it might affect their decision because of all that stereotypes and bias people always have once they hear I’m a stripper
    If you have personal reasons for not wanting a dancer license on your background check, then work another job. Income for an exotic dancer annually in the US is commensurate to other jobs that rely on tips or sales commissions. You can choose those other occupations instead.

A lot of women waiting for immigration paperwork to get processed choose to work in childcare, customer service or sales. Do you and make friends at work. People want to help you. Best wishes and love.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,035 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

I wouldnt risk it. Who knows who your Greencard interview peron will be.
    xoxo

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chanzep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,903 Times in 3,712 Posts

I don't know about green cards too in depth, but I do know my friend was here on one from Canada and held dancer licenses without issue. At one point she said it was expired; she's still here several years later, so presumably renewing it after having held dancer licenses wasn't a problem.

Can you find anything via Googling about what level of check it is?

You could also inquire with the Vegas sheriff's office about what the deal is with confidentiality. In my city, the clerk told me the records were completely sealed and it would take a court order as part of a criminal case to get access to the dancer license database.

FWIW, Google about what constitutes "good moral character" for citizenships returns this: "Good moral character means that a person does not have serious criminal issues in his or her past, and that the person generally fulfills his or her obligations under the law."
    The sticky part is what the technical laws are in Vegas with touching. You don't want to be dancing, get popped on some BS charge for some guy touching your leg, and then end up with a criminal record.
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffleUffleGrass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chanzep View Post
    I wouldnt risk it. Who knows who your Greencard interview peron will be.
    A lot of women waiting for immigration paperwork to get processed choose to work in childcare, customer service or sales. Do you and make friends at work. People want to help you. Best wishes and love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selina M View Post
    The sticky part is what the technical laws are in Vegas with touching. You don't want to be dancing, get popped on some BS charge for some guy touching your leg, and then end up with a criminal record.
    Very interesting
    Last edited by Alysson_Batz; 08-14-2022 at 11:13 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Alysson_Batz For This Useful Post: