Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it just the money?

Thanks

Default Re: Is it just the money?

Oh yes, I get the gist of what you are saying and agree with you. Of course, our perspectives are quite different, and that's okay, as long it works to both our benefit. Look, I don't know "jack" about what it takes to be a good dancer, and I don't need to know, right? But it would be helpful if you knew what your customers thought about your services, for the reasons I explained.

I would imagine having too keen of an interest in a dancer, even giving too much attention, can be a bit of a turn-off. But staring is on another level entirely. It sends the vibe that you're creepy. And you would do well to proceed carefully. Not trying to tell you how to do your job, but just as a word of caution.

I express my interest in the form of frequent glances when the dancer walks by and is not looking. The only way you would catch me is if you are looking in my direction as I'm doing it. I'll be checking out all the girls. The difference is if you try to make eye contact with me, I will look away if I'm not interested. I may still be turned on by you. It just means you are not in my top 3 choices for that night. This is not anything I am trying to do. It's natural when I see beautiful woman I'm interested in.

And did you say a truck and heavy equipment mechanic/strip dancer? How interesting. Wow I thought I seen it all.

I feel like there’s something similar here, where you’re jumping to a conclusion and possibly misdiagnosing the issue, not realizing there’s an issue with flow going on here. Problem is, it’s impossible to diagnose from a distance. And maybe it really isn’t on your end at all. I’d just be open to examining those possibilities.[/QUOTE]

Will do. Thank you.

It probably is a flow issue and I have no doubt I'm misdiagnosing here. There's no manual that explains a women mind.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,446 Times in 3,587 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by AChildOfBoredom View Post
    I disagree. I think most will make it apparent even if they don’t actually intend to, but often they end up playing stupid little games. I don’t know if they ambiguity gives them sole sort of “aura of mystery” that we’ll somehow find intriguing or whatever, but me, personally… if a customer acts wishy washy, I’m just gonna move right along. If I end up not making money with them, I know I’ll make it without them.
    Yuck, reminds me of having a customer tell me he works in marketing and he will only buy a dance if I sell him on it well. HOW STUPID.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 26,763 Times in 4,520 Posts

what as assumption to think that we don't in fact deal with customers everytime we work? As if we are in some alternative universe and so far has anyone on this thread asked you for such insight? You are NOT imparting information that will help us be better performers, we don't need you to mansplain our jobs to us

You are what I call an emotional vampire and what ever you are paying ladies now. DOUBLE IT, if they have to listen to this kind of nonsense.
    Video blogs on Camming industry & how to succeed at camming.

Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,969 Times in 969 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g View Post
    what as assumption to think that we don't in fact deal with customers everytime we work? As if we are in some alternative universe and so far has anyone on this thread asked you for such insight? You are NOT imparting information that will help us be better performers, we don't need you to mansplain our jobs to us
    OP's contributions in a nutshell:

"You all must do this job because of some innate desire to please men right? It can't just be for the money..."

"If entertainers aren't approaching me all night long it's because they're bad at their job"

"You're all FAKE because you don't genuinely enjoy doing lap dances!!!"

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lurkingtitties For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,600 Times in 4,179 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by thegentlemen View Post
    There is a reason why successful businesses invest thousands, even millions for their customer's opinions; so they can be better at what they do. They understand that it's the customer they are trying to please. Who better to ask? Especially one that has been a loyal patron for decades as I have.
    Yeah but we don't know who you are/didn't seek you out/didn't vet you. A random person showing up and giving unsoliticted and unrealistic advice does not = pay-worthy market research.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post
    Yeah but we don't know who you are/didn't seek you out/didn't vet you. A random person showing up and giving unsoliticted and unrealistic advice does not = pay-worthy market research.
    Also none of those market researches have men pulling their dicks out, puking down their backs, telling them not to blow all their money on partying while partying themselves.

Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

telling them not to blow all their money on partying while partying themselves.
    LOLLLLLLL that brings back memories!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lurkingtitties For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingtitties View Post
    LOLLLLLLL that brings back memories!
    LOL There must be a class men over 30 take, for that lecture, older they were the more they gave it. While doing blow, paying outrageous prices for drinks and spending their house payment on strippers.

I used to be nice, until I became a stripper. NONE of these men have good intentions, yet this joker wants to believe we are all in it for the sex, to appeal to his ego. Which I can say 100% for me, that it was for the money after a year in the biz. Every single man who walks into a strip club wants to use women with out a thought or care for their well being and he is the same.

Especially his type that needed constantly ego stroking that he is better than all the other men in there, he is better looking, special. So much emotional labor, which is why I now love camming. Now, I can block and get on with making money.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That's a rather cynical attitude, although I agree that any advice or opinions expressed here (from strippers and customers alike) should be viewed with skepticism. But it doesn't mean I can't contribute anything of value to the discussion or offer a good point about what strip customers like or how they think. But you speak as if I'm an intruder or something. You do realize that we are all strangers on here, right? Who may I ask is "we." Is this an open forum or not?

Forum- a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged (Oxford)

I think for a forum to work or become a success, it's critical to give everyone the same "benefit of the doubt" until they show you differently. Lashing out, being disrespectful, and bashing male visitors should not be tolerated. It defeats the purpose of this forum because customers will not want to participate, and you will end up with nothing but trolls.

Thanks

I used to be nice, until I became a stripper. NONE of these men have good intentions, yet this joker wants to believe we are all in it for the sex, to appeal to his ego. Which I can say 100% for me, that it was for the money after a year in the biz. Every single man who walks into a strip club wants to use women with out a thought or care for their well being and he is the same.

Especially his type that needed constantly ego stroking that he is better than all the other men in there, he is better looking, special. So much emotional labor, which is why I now love camming. Now, I can block and get on with making money.

You guys are too negative.

Respectfully, you strike me as someone who is out of touch with what goes on inside strip clubs today, the other 90% of the time. Your knowledge of what motivates strip club customers and what they think is lacking, and you don't seem to know much about men, either. When was the last time you were inside a strip club?

And contrary to what you might think, all men are NOT the same. Your words can never change that, and you are wasting your time if your mission is to convince others of that.

And I don't get what you are saying. You use to be nice until you became a stripper, and now you blame men for making you a bad person? And camming is better because you do not have to stroke egos or cater to men's fantasies?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

But it doesn't mean I can't contribute anything of value to the discussion or offer a good point about what strip customers like or how they think.
    Correct, healthy skepticism does not mean that someone can't contribute valuable discussion or good points. So far though you have not contributed either of those things, which is why you have received such negative responses.

But you speak as if I'm an intruder or something. You do realize that we are all strangers on here, right?
    What does that have to do with anything?

TWho may I ask is "we."
    ...........The strippers that you came on here to engage with. Who did you think I thought "we" is?

Is this an open forum or not?
    Yeah which means anything anyone writes is open to criticism from anyone.

I think for a forum to work or become a success, it's critical to give everyone the same "benefit of the doubt" until they show you differently. Lashing out, being disrespectful, and bashing male visitors should not be tolerated. It defeats the purpose of this forum because customers will not want to participate, and you will end up with nothing but trolls.
    So if someone immediately offends everyone and proceeds to become more offensive at what point should we remove this benefit of a doubt? Lol honestly this dude telling us it's "criticial" to basically be more trusting of "strangers," no matter what they might say, is cracking me up.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Correct, healthy skepticism does not mean that someone can't contribute valuable discussion or good points. So far though you have not contributed either of those things, which is why you have received such negative responses.
    If a person fails to make a good point or makes a point you do not agree with, it doesn't mean you have to respond in a harsh or negative fashion. There is a way you can disagree with tact. Especially when the PERSON is new to the forum.

..The strippers that you came on here to engage with. Who did you think I thought "we" is?
    I know who we refers to. My point was that it seems a little out of place. I do not understand the nature of this us (dancers) against them (customers) mentality and why it exists in an open forum that invites customers to ask questions.

Yeah which means anything anyone writes is open to criticism from anyone.
    Of course, and I have every right to call it out as unjust criticism and label it as Misandry.

So if someone immediately offends everyone and proceeds to become more offensive at what point should we remove this benefit of a doubt? Lol honestly this dude telling us it's "criticial" to basically be more trusting of "strangers," no matter what they might say, is cracking me up.
    Well if someone immediately offends everyone, I would remove the benefit of the doubt right away. And I still don't know what you mean by "trusting strangers." I can't see what trust has to do with participating in this forum or what you mean by strangers. And again, we are all strangers to one another on here.

Thanks

You are a stranger, the rest of us have been on this forum for years and have built up trust with each other by the advice given and taken. Your upset that we didn't all fall in line to fawn all over you as you mansplain our job to us. You go to strip clubs to have women fawn all over you and fake being interested in your opinions for money only to have a rude awakening that when not getting paid we don't care.

I worked in strip clubs 5 to 6 nights a week for 12 years and how the all the ladies responses in here is exactly what was said in the dressing rooms. Women have had to cater to men's feelings since the beginning of time and now we are where we can safely tell the truth it upsets you.

You asked questions and got several responses, you didn't like your fantasy busted. Boo Hoo!

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,903 Times in 3,712 Posts

You guys are too negative.

Respectfully, you strike me as someone who is out of touch with what goes on inside strip clubs today, the other 90% of the time. Your knowledge of what motivates strip club customers and what they think is lacking, and you don't seem to know much about men, either. When was the last time you were inside a strip club?
    1) I can't believe this thread is still going, good God man, you are never going to hear what you want to hear on this forum so give it up.

2) So you speak for every customer in a club then? You can read all their minds?

3) Anybody in the sex industry who is successful enough to pay the bills with it knows PLENTY about men. I am slightly less cynical and I'd say maybe 20% of the men who walk into a club are decent-to-good human beings, but the other 80% are exactly as Sam says, bad-intentioned or just garden variety douchebags.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam38G
    Women have had to cater to men's feelings since the beginning of time and now we are where we can safely tell the truth it upsets you.
    Yup, they're upset we figured out how to profit off their needs to have their egos stroked and see naked breasts.

This whole conversation is so stupid every time it comes up. Before stripping was "cool" (thanks, social media), we were shamed for it, OFTEN BY MEN THEMSELVES. So, given that, what on earth makes any man think we do it for any reason BUT large amounts of cash?
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 521 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

^The fact that this forum and all the years old advice is still good shows how customer behaviour is fairly constant lol. And yes, more than a little insulting to suggest dancers who see many many men per night don't know enough about them. Guys in the club had no clue how many other men I spoke to every night, 4 or 5 nights a week, all year. And I *worked* on them, it was a sales conversation, I was reading psychology in my down time. The customers all fit into a few customer types with regard to selling a dance/room. Sorry bruv.
    Last edited by smeca; 10-02-2022 at 11:50 PM.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smeca For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,339 Times in 923 Posts

Men are predictable, as is the OP. I can't tell you how many deals I have closed just by adjusting a button on my blouse.

Z

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zofia For This Useful Post:

Thanks

OP's contributions in a nutshell:
    Well if this is my contribution, then I need to make a few things clear:

"You all must do this job because of some innate desire to please men right? It can't just be for the money..."
    That's total BS. Yes, it can- just be for the money and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

"If entertainers aren't approaching me all night long it's because they're bad at their job"
    Wait just a minute. Because you do not approach me or any other customer at all for that matter doesn't mean you are not good at your job, and you shouldn't have to do anything all night long to make someone happy and feel satisfied. That's insane.

"You're all FAKE because you don't genuinely enjoy doing lap dances!!!"
    What do you mean? Lots of people do things they don't enjoy for the money. It doesn't really matter whether you are enjoying it or not. If the customer is a happy camper, then you've done your job. I don't think that's fake.

Thanks

You are a stranger, the rest of us have been on this forum for years and have built up trust with each other by the advice given and taken. Your upset that we didn't all fall in line to fawn all over you as you mansplain our job to us.
    I understand where you are coming from. I'm not upset.

You go to strip clubs to have women fawn all over you and fake being interested in your opinions for money...
    I'm sure lots of men go to clubs for that but not me. I have never gone to strip clubs for companionship, and I am not one to talk to the dancers I do a lot of business with or any other dancer outside of a quick flirt. It's not respectful of their time. They are on the job and trying to earn a living. When I want to talk to my favs, I purchase a private dance and cuddle with her the whole time. But at that point, I don't get a chance to talk. I mostly have to listen.

only to have a rude awakening that when not getting paid we don't care.

No, that's not it. What was so shocking to me is I never imagined people could be so rude, cruel, deceiving, and heartless and be okay with it for the sake of money. I'm not convinced my feelings are accurate. It just seems that way.

You asked questions and got several responses, you didn't like your fantasy busted. Boo Hoo!
    That's not what is busting my fantasies. What's busting it is the thought that all the ladies I've met in strip clubs that I considered friends, who invited me to their homes, that I've dated, and had sex with, didn't actually care anything about me. They were just stroking my ego and playing me to get into my wallet. Yup, that's a fantasy buster, not the small stuff you are talking about.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Selina M View Post
    1)2) So you speak for every customer in a club then?
    Well, I can't speak for your garden variety douchebag, no. What is your point, Selina? I'd say my views and opinions are most representative of your older, educated, professional, high-end, married customer demographic. I likely share the same basic attitudes and opinions as the vast majority (75%) of men but I can only speak for myself.

1)3) Anybody in the sex industry who is successful enough to pay the bills with it knows PLENTY about men.
    I disagree, not if the only men you are exposed to are douchebags. It only means you know a lot about douchebags. If there's one thing I learned about strip dancers and women, in general, is that so many of them wouldn't know a good man if he was staring them in the face nor is that even important to them.

1)3) I am slightly less cynical and I'd say maybe 20% of the men who walk into a club are decent-to-good human beings, but the other 80% are exactly as Sam says, bad-intentioned or just garden variety douchebags.
    I would have guessed lower. Admittedly, you have a better idea about the percentage of decent guys than I do.

Featured Member
    Thanks

So he’s a married strip club hobbyist…congrats sir, you fall in the douchebag category too!

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lurkingtitties For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I'd say my views and opinions are most representative of your older, educated, professional, high-end, married customer demographic.
    Yeah, that's what YOU'D say. Again, we don't know you and from what I have been reading you are not accurately representing my 'older, educated, professional, high-end, married customers.' Quite the opposite actually.

That's not what is busting my fantasies. What's busting it is the thought that all the ladies I've met in strip clubs that I considered friends, who invited me to their homes, that I've dated, and had sex with, didn't actually care anything about me.
    I'm sorry but I don't buy this. Anyone who has had this much personal experience with strippers would not be coming to a stripper website to ask stripper "strangers" basic questions about stripping.

ETA these are also contradictory:

I have never gone to strip clubs for companionship
    all the ladies I've met in strip clubs that I considered friends
    How are you developing 'friendships' in the club if you don't go into them seeking companionship, let alone to where you're allegedly close enough to be invited into their homes, fuck them, date them....

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,674 Times in 2,723 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Personally, I don't understand why you are complaining about any of this? This is why you don't go to the strip club to find the meaning of friendship/love. It should be about having fun, tipping the dancers, being respectful, and leaving. I will never understand this existential dread mindset about strippers. Seriously, what are you asking for besides fun in the strip club? That should be enough but never is? Smh.

Well, I can't speak for your garden variety douchebag, no. What is your point, Selina? I'd say my views and opinions are most representative of your older, educated, professional, high-end, married customer demographic. I likely share the same basic attitudes and opinions as the vast majority (75%) of men but I can only speak for myself.

I disagree, not if the only men you are exposed to are douchebags. It only means you know a lot about douchebags. If there's one thing I learned about strip dancers and women, in general, is that so many of them wouldn't know a good man if he was staring them in the face nor is that even important to them.

I would have guessed lower. Admittedly, you have a better idea about the percentage of decent guys than I do.
    Wolves may lurk in every guise / Now as then, 'tis simple truth / Sweetest tongue has sharpest tooth.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DonaDiabla For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zofia View Post
    Men are predictable, as is the OP. I can't tell you how many deals I have closed just by adjusting a button on my blouse.

Z
    You would have closed the deal with me. I'm not gonna to lie.

Thanks

So he’s a married strip club hobbyist…congrats sir, you fall in the douchebag category too!
    Lol! I can't win for loosing on this forum can I?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DonaDiabla View Post
    ...It should be about having fun, tipping the dancers, being respectful, and leaving... Seriously, what are you asking for besides fun in the strip club?
    It is about having fun, being respectful, and leaving. I'm happy with the strip club experience as is. Strip dancers nowadays are totally in sync with what customers want. They know how to fulfill a man's every desire without resorting to prostitution, and that's good enough for me. But are you saying therefore, the issues raised in my OP shouldn't matter?

It's apparent to me that many of the strip dancers here (not you) don't know the core reason that I and men like me go to strip clubs: for the private lap dance experience!! That's the only reason I go. I'm not trying to bust anyone's fantasy: but I do not go to enjoy your company or stunning personality. So, whether a strip dancer enjoys pleasing her customers, can get turned on by a dance, and whether money is her only motive has everything to do with whether I have fun, tip, and leave happy. I'm disappointed that some of you cannot see that by now.

I agree that none of that should matter TO YOU. From your perspective, as long as I leave happy, then job well done. But from a customer perspective, even if a dancer is the best at faking whatever during the lap dance and I end up having the time of life, I would STILL rather have a dancer who is not faking it. There is no way I can find such a dancer if they do not exist, can I? That is why I am asking about it here. This is how I see it:

1) She's provides a higher quality. She's likely to put more effort into the experience, add something new to it, have fewer boundaries that are inconsistent with mine, the experience will be more genuine, more fun for me, and I could go on and on.

I'm a consumer. I just brought a widget. It does what I want, so as long as it works, I'm happy. Does that mean I should stop asking about a better widget? No.

But more importantly, if she likes lap dancing, 2) It can open the possibility of it being fun for her too. If you do not understand why that would matter to a customer, then maybe I should quit asking and just be the customer Sam38g says I am:
    Every single man who walks into a strip club wants to use women without a thought or care for their well-being and he is the same.
    Having said that, If a dancer genuinely likes and feels comfortable with me then no, it won't matter if she likes the experience and money is her only motive, but some you have already expressed your disdain for most customers and your INABILITY to bond with them on ANY level.

In short, for those of you who dislike or would not ever get into the sexual part inherent to lap dancing AND your customers can never mean anything to you except an ATM, you may still be able to have some success in your line of work, but you are far from the kind entertainer I would be interested in, and I'm not alone. It has nothing to do with the male ego and everything to with sexual gratification.

I'm sure I've had many fun experiences with the very same dancers I'm saying don't interest me. You've taught me that. At the same time, you've also confirmed that many of my experiences have been with the types I am interested in.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast