Thread: Daily Alcohol: The Destructive Reality of Regular Drinking

Thanks
    Thanked 5,691 Times in 2,121 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

Default Daily Alcohol: The Destructive Reality of Regular Drinking

If you are consuming just 7 glasses of alcohol over the course of the week (just 1 a day)
    your brain's grey matter and white matter is degenerating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkS1pkKpILY
    “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.” - ECKHART TOLLE

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 25,805 Times in 13,173 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Arrow Re: Daily Alcohol: The Destructive Reality of Regular Drinking

Thank you, me personally I don't drink at all, an occasional non-nicotine cig in my shows..

Yes, the last 2 yrs I had to have 3 teeth pulled, 2 were crowns that had root canals, the other I cracked from eating a hard popcorn shell (black & blue swollen face for a week

Alcohol is much harder on women's bodies as well, it's very aging besides, this's a great topic!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,849 Times in 1,200 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Default Re: Daily Alcohol: The Destructive Reality of Regular Drinking

I could go on and on about how alcohol fought battles with my vanity and won every time before I quit.

When I quit drinking people accused me of being on drugs because I lost so much weight. I was working out 6 days a week for years anyway but the only time you could tell was when my drinking was “under control”. My skin is also a million times brighter, hair healthier, I sleep better, and I can give my workouts the energy they deserve.

Alcohol is not a hot girls best friend. Not if you wanna stay hot.
    If you never knew me, that'd probably be cheaper

If you really knew me, you would know I don't need ya- Saweetie

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Thanks
    Thanked 5,710 Times in 2,439 Posts
    My Mood
    Mellow

I drink once a week now vs 12 years ago 5 nights a week at work. Problem is I have to when I go clubbing bc otherwise I don't socialize, I just sit there. I still look great *shrugs*
    "Alot of people are afraid to say what they want, that's why they don't get what they want"~ Madonna

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Aggressive

You're still young tho, it's good y) ou cut back..

I have some liver damage, & some gastro issues
    I also had a mild stroke..

My one former roomie was a heavy drinker for years, we had to have the mobile stroke unit here.

I was talking w/a guy, I told him I had a bad feeling about her, he said her skin looked yellow, I hadn't seen her for weeks, I said I felt like she could be very sick, just 2 days later the paramedics & stroke unit were here.
    Last edited by whirlerz; 09-20-2022 at 12:01 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,152 Times in 2,894 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Most of the club's I worked in were huge on selling bottles one only allowed us to drink Champagne and we had to sell it to do VIPS.
    I wonder if the years of doing this contributed to my stomach issues now.
    Now I rarely drink . I need work on my teeth too.
    xoxo

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chanzep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,975 Times in 6,514 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Beer can be good if you have stomach issues. Otherwise yes heavy drinking kills people normally. The things I've seen as a bartender, yeesh

Thanks
    Thanked 26,450 Times in 4,466 Posts

Drinking ages women faster than it does men. I might now have 2 beers a year, never was much of a drinker even in my twenties & working in strip clubs. Once you hit 50 all bad eating, smoking & drinking habits will negatively affect your health.

As one of my customers told me "after 50, the check engine light comes on a lot more often."

And your teeth, take care of your teeth.. brush & floss several times a day, avoid soda. A dear family member is in heart failure due to not brushing daily. So many health issues come from not taking care of your teeth. Brushing my teeth & eye cream is something I have always been religious about and so grateful that I did.
    Video blogs on Camming industry & how to succeed at camming.

Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Yes, I have a flosser, it looks like a fork w/o tines, makes it very easy to floss. I also use plastic flexible tooth picks w/a tiny brush on 1 end, I can't lose anymore teeth!

My dad was the oldest of 4, he rarely drank, was 15 yrs older than my uncle, but if you saw them together, you'd think the opposite, since my uncle was a heavy drinker.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,710 Times in 2,439 Posts
    My Mood
    Mellow

I also think the fact that I don't smoke & never did .
    I never drank too heavy outside my 20s which I believe has saved my youthful looks. Genetics also play a part in aging as well.
    "Alot of people are afraid to say what they want, that's why they don't get what they want"~ Madonna

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,848 Times in 3,699 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chanzep View Post
    Most of the club's I worked in were huge on selling bottles one only allowed us to drink Champagne and we had to sell it to do VIPS.
    I wonder how much money I lost over the years because I wasn't a big drinker. I would have MAXIMUM two drinks, and that was only if it was still really early. It made even selling the guys at the bar difficult. But I lived 20 miles away from the nearest of my clubs, so I was definitely not going to Uber or make my SO come get me at 2:30 am, and I was NOT getting a DUI.

I really didn't even try to sell the longer CRs because of the drinking requirements. My last club also would not allow us to sell those without the bottle, except for a few occasions where it was soooooo slow and I got an exception. They have the option of a full bottle of champagne or mini bottles of liquor and the guys tend to expect you to drink your half, so that's 2 drinks right there in a 45-60 minute span. I have very little tolerance so those 2 drinks that fast was too much.

I guess the girls who would re-up the room and drink two bottles with the guys saw it as an investment - what's the cost of an Uber home if you just made another $300 - but eh. I enjoyed having a good rep and respect of management and bouncers, so I didn't want to be one of the party girls, nor did I like being tipsy at work.

I had some workarounds for drinking though If a customer struck me as the type that would think I was "not fun" for not drinking, I'd tell them "Omg I'd love a drink but they cut me off already... I get a little too crazy if I have too many *wink wink*". That worked a fair amount of times. Sometimes I'd order the drink, then go "Oh I forgot to tell her I wanted a cherry!" or something, then chase the waitress down and tell her to make it just soda. Fake shots are good if the club will do it - apparently it's illegal - but one of my bartenders did really accurate looking fake Fireball shots.

Not drinking is absolutely the better choice. Saves body damage, saves money on both the booze and Ubers home, keeps you from making shitty decisions. Keeps you from embarrassing yourself tripping down the stage stairs or falling off the pole. Yep.
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Featured Member trustfundkiller's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,593 Times in 1,165 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

Our society normalizes alcohol abuse to the point where most people don't even see it as an issue. On social media it's cute/endearing to like/share memes about being hungover and behaving foolishly while drunk, especially among college kids and 20-somethings. Then there's "mommy wine culture". It's not seen as weird to have a few drinks as weekend pre-gaming Thursday night, go out drinking on Friday and Saturday night followed by a boozy Sunday brunch. That's "normal". Drinking alcohol a few times a week increases your chances of certain types of cancers. One of my uncles who struggled with alcoholism on and off throughout his whole life died from a certain type of esophageal cancer that's virtually only found in long-term abusers of alcohol. I know a lot of people who have a few drinks to unwind after a long day of work, several times a week. It's not normal and it's not healthy. We forget that alcohol is a neurotoxin. I'm really convinced that alcohol is legal and other drugs aren't legal because the government wants you to buy the drugs they sell and not others.

I love having a glass of wine or champagne on occasion, but I really try not to overdo it. Plus I am vain and I don't want to lose my beauty any faster than I have to. You can often tell alcoholics just by looking at their skin and seeing all the redness from broken capillaries.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,848 Times in 3,699 Posts

^ The mommy wine culture thing is kind of weird, I feel like they're basically admitting they hate their kids on some level? Like they need a bottle of wine to deal with them?

Drinking heavily is waaaaay too normalized. My one friend is an alcoholic but she does it in the party-binge manner so it's like "Of course she's drunk, she's at the club" and nobody ever seriously calls her out on it. I'm like uhhh having 5+ drinks, 3 nights a week, is still bad...

I will never forget the night I was working in an ER and this guy came in with alcohol related seizures. He would seize and bite his tongue, spraying blood all over the walls. His poor wife just seemed so sad, exhausted and almost resigned to that being her life. The amount of wine she said he drank was just absurd. She said he'd gotten so drunk one night that he fell face first into a curb and that he hadn't been quite the same mentally since. It was bleak and I hope she (and he if he's alive) are doing better.

I've been pretty open about my SO having substance abuse issues in the past. For a while he swapped to booze accidentally - he'd been clean from everything else for a few years but "having a drink after work" seemed innocent enough. Problem is that alcohol creeps up on you.

I mention him bc you brought up that it's a neurotoxin too and I remembered something that was happening during that period... There's a syndrome called Wernicke-Korsakoff that comes from alcohol abuse & part of the symptoms are memory deficits. It's an acute syndrome but I honestly think you can get some of the cognitive effects to a lesser degree with chronic alcohol use. My SO was constantly having issues recalling words, or he'd swear we had a conversation about something that we didn't, or else he wouldn't remember one that we DID have. That all stopped after he gave up the booze.

Even more reasons to quit, it also makes you stupid even when you're not actively drunk
    Last edited by Selina M; 09-24-2022 at 03:14 PM. Reason: poor grammar lol
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g View Post
    A dear family member is in heart failure due to not brushing daily. So many health issues come from not taking care of your teeth. Brushing my teeth & eye cream is something I have always been religious about and so grateful that I did.
    What eye cream do you use out of curiosity?

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,056 Times in 2,649 Posts

Alcohol is literally poison in your body. It’s a carcinogen. We’re just marketed that it’s normal.

https://www.cancervic.org.au/prevent...-causes-cancer

Weed is better for you as long as you aren’t smoking it. I know a lot of people like to smoke, but it better if you can take it orally. We should absolutely be legal in every state.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you don’t want

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by chanzep View Post
    I wonder if the years of doing this contributed to my stomach issues now.
    Now I rarely drink . I need work on my teeth too.
    Hugs to you, chanzep. At my last club, they had the same kind of policy for the VIPs. They had so many alcohol-related issues that they finally stopped the mandatory bottle policy.

A lot of the alcohol sold in strip clubs is not the best in that it is the cheapest, domestic swill they can get away with. So many places sell alcohol in a name-brand bottle and have actually filled it with a cheap substitute.

Domestic liquors and wines are filled with glyphosate. This is the pesticide in Round-Up. It is a neurotoxin. Consider that alcohol is a highly concentrated juice. Now consider that most of the water is stripped away, making the toxins far more potent. It's like taking a sleeping pill and then trying to work on it/drive on it. Steer clear of domestic stuff as often as possible. Better to get something cleaner and sip it than something domestic and chug it.

Use Milk Thistle to clean that stuff out of your blood faster. Your kidneys and liver can use the boost!

Special thanks for sharing, indiegirl!
    “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.” - ECKHART TOLLE

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffleUffleGrass View Post
    Beer can be good if you have stomach issues. Otherwise yes heavy drinking kills people normally. The things I've seen as a bartender, yeesh
    Beer does far more harm than good for a regular (5 day a week) drinker.
    The chronic use, and often abuse of alcohol can be associated with increasing an individual’s susceptibility to the following illnesses:

• Mouth cancer
    • Throat cancer
    • Breast cancer
    • Stroke
    • Heart disease
    • Liver disease
    • Brain or nervous system disease
    • Accidents

While the metabolism of alcohol may seem fairly straightforward, the harmful effects of alcohol are most commonly associated with the metabolism processes that often result in the excess production of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide plus hydrogen (NADH).
    NADH in high amounts can lead to lactic acid, which results in acidosis in the body, as well as a lack of glucose synthesis, which can lead to hypoglycemia 2. Long-term effects of chronic alcohol consumption include weight gain, fatty liver, and heart attack.

What NOT to drink: Worst Alcohol for Ulcers

1. Liqueur:

This type of alcoholic beverage is a distilled liquor that has been flavored with a number of added sugars, sweeteners, fruit, cream, herbs or spices. The high sugar content in liqueur can promote SIBO symptoms to occur.
    2. Beer:

As previously mentioned, beer contains a high concentration of carbohydrates, but it can also be filled with added sugars and yeast, which makes this drink choice especially dangerous for SIBO patients.
    3. High FODMAP Wines:

Dessert wines such as Moscato, certain types of Riesling, and Rosé will often have a much higher sugar content as compared to other types of wine, which can make these wines less tolerable for individuals with SIBO and IBS.

https://sibosurvivor.com/best-alcoho...itive-stomach/

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by Selina M View Post

I mention him bc you brought up that it's a neurotoxin too and I remembered something that was happening during that period... There's a syndrome called Wernicke-Korsakoff that comes from alcohol abuse & part of the symptoms are memory deficits. It's an acute syndrome but I honestly think you can get some of the cognitive effects to a lesser degree with chronic alcohol use. My SO was constantly having issues recalling words, or he'd swear we had a conversation about something that we didn't, or else he wouldn't remember one that we DID have. That all stopped after he gave up the booze.

Even more reasons to quit, it also makes you stupid even when you're not actively drunk
    Yup! Every one of us will be leaving this industry at some point and will need to use our brains to make a living even more than now. We're in the Information Age and this era demands high level cognitive ability. So we experienced performers want to help you youngins prepare for your next level. With automation and floods of illegal workers nipping at your heels, you will need to be in tip top competitive shape.

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,052 Times in 4,550 Posts

Besides potential health issues caused by drinking alcoholic beverages, over 10,000 Americans die each year as a result of someone driving while intoxicated. If you're planning to go somewhere where you might be drinking, you're better off getting a ride from Uber or Lyft, than driving after drinking.
    Last edited by eagle2; 09-28-2022 at 11:01 PM.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post: