Thread: Friend w/Lots of Tats Wants Work In NJ or NYC?

Thanks

Default Friend w/Lots of Tats Wants Work In NJ or NYC?

Hi. A friend of mine is a makeup artist and she is really quite pretty although she has a LOT of tats. She wants to work in either NJ or NYC. She doesn't care if the place isnt that glamorous just nothing where girls are doing extras all over the place and oh it can't be nude just topless.

Do you think she can find work? I know some girls have tattoos where I have worked but they are "cute" little ones or can be covered up. Hers are all over. Very striking girl though. If anyone has any info that would be very much appreciated
    Thanks

Thanks

Default Re: Friend w/Lots of Tats Wants Work In NJ or NYC?

if her body is all covered ...i think it might be hard for her to get into a decent club here in ny...i guess she could always try
    us: us: us: devil in disguise....

Curious Guest
    Thanks

She might try the Pussycat Lounge. It is topless, stage-only in the financial district. it is a historical spot since the late 60's. It's at Greenwich and Rector, 1/9 and N/R to Rector or 4/5 to Wall st.

It has hipster bands and various parties upstairs and is known for it's novelty charm. the girls dance behind a bar and the customes reach the tips over. It's been liste in Time out NY and the new yorker as a fun place and my hipster haidresser loves it.

Now, she has to know that she may make about $150 a night and at the very most $300. That doesn't seem like a lot, but here are the perks:
    *no one touches you, no lap dances
    *you never have to talk to anyone if you don't want to
    *you are on 20-30 minutes of an hour, the rest you do what you want: leave, eat, read, sleep, have a customer buy you a drink, anyhting.
    *you're there about 6 hours, but there is some flexibilty, in general, this club is disorganized tot he dancer's advantage
    *you can work days or come in really early for the night (like f you wanted to go out after, so you come in at 3 or 4 in the afternoon and leave at 9 or 10 or earlier) and still make the same $
    *people are respectful, lots of regulars
    *management respectful
    *no fees or tipout, keep all you money for yourself.
    *mon-wed, they actually pay YOU 10 (cab fare) and Sat. it's 30
    *no schedules, come when you want (but one sat./month unless to explan why not)

Here you should wer lingerie/cute little outfits that can be part-on, part off, you're up there for 30 minutes, you want options.

Anyway, hope this helps (it still works out to $23/hour, which is more than temping!). It really depends on what you're looking for. And it can be a quick drop-in place to make a little extra cash, too.

Otherwise, I had a friend who used Colorstay or makeup meant to cover scars, dermablend, but she got really resentful of doing it because t was so time consuming and hard to wash off. It sounds like your friend has a lot, too.

Good luck, hope this gives some help. . .

Thanks

Thank you so much for the reply

Yeah she does makeup for a lot of bands and is total rocknroll. She's done some amateur topless wrestling videos for fun mainly with punk rock girls but wanted to just make some extra money doing this as the first was more for fun. I will tell her she will be so happy