Thread: Classes - some feedback, please!

Thanks

Default Classes - some feedback, please!

Hey girls (and guys)-
    some friends of mine and friends of theirs have been asking me for some time about taking stripping classes. They basically want to know about stripping, in general - rather than getting into the business (this is something they want to do for their personal lives, not professional). I've finally decided to do it! Another girl and I have a space in Manhattan, complete with a stage & pole and sound system - a cool lounge atmosphere perfect for classes.

So basically, I'm putting together a type of syllabus for the class. Nothing really ornate or complicated. It's easy to teach what I know - but it's something that is more instinctual and from being used to dancing and years of experience that really makes it seem easy. I'd like to go over things and see if there's anything I'm missing on the "go over" list.
    This is where I'm asking you for feedback! Girls - what are some key elements for you personally in dancing for a customer or a lover or on stage?
    Guys - what are some things that really send you over the edge and make you really notice a dancer?

Any feedback would be great.
    Thanks guys.

oh PS - I'm also compiling a gift bag at the end of the class - inside I'm putting together a cd of best stripping songs - I need some input for that as well!

Jax
    "You have no idea what a long-legged gal can do without doing anything." -Claudette Colbert

Banned
    Thanks

Default Re: Classes - some feedback, please!

NYC, first you'd have to determine who your classes are geared for. Are they for couples who just want to spice up their love life or are they people (male and female?) who want to pursue it as a profession.
    If your friends are looking for a class to give private performances for friends and acquaintances then several strip schools serve that purpose. In that case you would want to concentrate on creating a safe place to enhance ones' creativity and shed inhibitions.
    If you are going for the career seekers you will have to determine what level you want to teach- beginners, intermediate , or advanced. There you would go more into all aspects, make up, stage presentation, costuming--the overall look.
    Don't neglect ethics and professional code. See if you can steer students if this is actually something they want to do or not. Good luck.

Thanks

she said in the first line of her post it wasnt for people looking to get in the business... and she described the space it would be in... read man read
    As quoted by Luckyone:
    I asked directions from a genie in a bottle of jim beam and she lied to me.

Methodus saved my life!

Thanks

I would definitely hold classes on "how to strip for your lover". LOL Show them basic moves...you know, that kind of thing. Its funny because a lot of people I know (including myself for a while) could have sex with someone, but not striptease for them...so, maybe talk about self-esteem and how to get past the "insecurity" of stripping (you've just gotta do it)!! Since you have a whole set up...maybe help them get past it by doing a REAL amatuer contest (but, they all win...it's just getting up there and doing it). Hmmm...the rest I'll have to think about...I'll get back to you with that!! Good luck!!

As for some good songs...my all time fave is "don't be afraid" mixed by Platipus (always gets me into the groove) and "mercury and solace" by BT.

Thanks

It's funny how I don't mind dancing naked in front of a total stranger, but when it comes to my man, I think I would start giggling and not be able to do it seriously!

It really goes without saying that the first thing to teach is having complete self confidence in what you're doing. It has to feel right. Secondly, eye contact! Get's 'em every time! I like to look em in the eye and seductively lick my lips while running my hands down my body. Works for me! And for them!
    "A dress makes no sense unless it inspires men to want to take it off you."
    Francoise Sagan

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Eye contact and passion! Feeling the music.

Some popular stripping songs I like are "Feelin' Love" by Paula Cole and "#1 Crush" by Garbage.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,566 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cynical

Jax, is this going to be an informal thing for friends and acquaintances only, or is it going to be a business thing available to the general public ? If so, there might be lots of implications that you haven't thought of.

Thanks

I suppose you are trying to get your gals to simulate the club experience at home as much as possible. I can think of scads of ideas, but a lot of them apply more to a professional setting than they do to a personal one. Having a pro dance for you for money, and having your SO do it for fun are somewhat different things.

But some suggestions:

Take your "students" to a real strip club as sort of a field trip to observe the pros in action. Since this is more for their personal intimacy, you may want to try a club where the contact rules are somewhat looser. Buy dances if neccesary. Remember, at home there's no such thing as an extra.

I'm not sure you could make the ultimate "stripper music CD". There is a lot of music of varied genres that is excellent for a gal to dance to. My advice would be to tell your gals to pick their music from the kind of music that their SO likes and make a compilation of their own from that.

Show the gals where they can get genuine stripper outfits, shoes, etc. both locally and online. Maybe also some make up tips.

One thing that you gals in clubs don't have to deal with, lighting. Maybe offer tips on setting the lighting in the room they're going to dance in the way they want it. Candles would make it look romantic, but if the SO prefers the "seedy red light district" experience maybe replacing the table lamp light bulbs with colored party lights would work.
    Former SCJ now in rehab.

Thanks

Jax, is this going to be an informal thing for friends and acquaintances only, or is it going to be a business thing available to the general public ? If so, there might be lots of implications that you haven't thought of.
    Mel- All of the girls taking the class are all acquantances, friends, and referrals from thereof. And we will not be teaching pole tricks - too many issues with safety .

Dreamer - velvet is right - I mentioned in the beginning of my post that we are teaching two different classes. One geared for the non-professional, and the other for those who might consider the business. both are very different types of people - of this I am aware. So I'm not having any issues with definining my market - what I really wanted is some input from you girls to see if I'm missing anything in my "curriculum", per se

dr_catfish - I totally dig the "real strip club" field trip! what a great idea! I will probably try one of my sister clubs (from my club), where I know the girls and don't know the management, so that they can get a feel for the ambience of a club. As for a resource booklet for stripperwear, makeup tips, etc - got that covered. I'm actually in the process of putting it together still.

Thanks everyone for your input - I still need more song suggestions :-/ I want about 15-20 songs on the cd, and have a few of my favorites on there, but it only takes up about 10 songs on the cd

Jax
    "You have no idea what a long-legged gal can do without doing anything." -Claudette Colbert

Pamela

Jax, for music Enigma is very very sexy. They have 1 very well known song, "Principles of Lust," as well as many others on the cd's.

Loreena McKennitt has a great collection of sexy music with lyrics too!

Also don't forget Madonna, "Justify my love." Amoung others by her.

Pamela

God/dess
    Thanks

oh yes, Principles of Lust is a must include-there's a more upbeat but still incredibly sexy techno version. both are great imo.

Those Shoes by the Eagles.

Peaches, Peaches, Peaches! All she sings about is sex and fucking anyhow. mmmhmmm...

How are you making the CD? Will you be doing sets? I think you should do at least 2 songs within a genre, and mix up the genre for variety.

God/dess
    Thanks

You know, there are some things that you might want to teach your students not to do - I'm thinking of the kind of goofy moves that all brand-new strippers do.
    Things like - don't squat, keep your tummy in, always keep your toes pointed if your leg's extended - just like the little details that make a stripper's performance look more polished and sensual, like a real dancer.
    As far as song suggestions, have you thought about making a list of the most typical strip club songs ever? You know, all the AC/DC, Van Halen, Lords of Acid, etc, that you're pretty much guaranteed to hear in a club. My personal preference for songs to dance to would have to include the Charlatans' "You're So Pretty - We're So Pretty" and Tricky's version of "Black Steel". What do you have on there so far?

I wish I was going to be in NYC so I could come to your class. When are you doing it?

Thanks

colette- i'm holding the classes continuously- right now i'm limiting it to 5-7 girls, and there are 2-3 girls teaching it. So it's all around just a big girl-party in a great space complete with a stage & poll. We are going to hold 2 classes , one at night and one during the day, for those who have differnt hours. Right now it's getting great response because it's pre-xmas and girls want to surprise their guys with a special x-mas gift! Anyway, It will always be going on , so when you're in NYC, you'll have to come to the class!

I will definitely have to add the "not do's" , good idea.
    As far as what I have on the cd, I am trying to span the board of differnt music tastes, since everyone is different & I want to appeal to all types:
    Peaches, AA XXX (whom I love!), Chris Isaac (wicked game), George Michael (freedom), an obscure French dance club song (but I don't know the name because a friend made a cd for me and didn't put the name on it), Tori Amos (sugar), Aerosmith (sweet emotion), Madonna (justify my love),Sade (ordinary love), Rolling Stones (sastisfaction), Stone Temple Pilots, Tweet (oops)....and I can't remember who else I have on there.

Pamela- Enigma! I forgot about enigma - I'll have to add on a song.

Jax

Thanks

Peaches? I'm just checking out that song as we speak. I kinda like the beat, but I don't know if it suits my style!!
    You are the envy
    of all parallel lines that
    dream of curves and convergence
    - Sara Bailey: Sieve of Words

Thanks

OK, maybe I'm being a little too basic, but you could get the girls to LD for each other and then get them to tell each other what they found sexy about the dance. Then they could use that helpful criticism to learn more things about performance etc.

Personally I like all of Dr Catfish's suggestions so I don't think I can top any of them
    You are the envy
    of all parallel lines that
    dream of curves and convergence
    - Sara Bailey: Sieve of Words

Thanks

NIN "Closer", whoever does the shiny disco balls song, "What's Your Fantasy," and Aerosmith's "Pink" are all classics to me.

Lena