Thread: Weird Dreams

Banned
    Thanks

Default Weird Dreams

Last night I had the strangest dream. I dreamt I was in my bedroom and it was raining and two sides of the room were reduced to the framework. There was water everywhere on the floor and I was trying to explain to my mother what was wrong with the house :-/.
    Do any of you translate dreams? How about you, do you ever have weird dreams? :o

Thanks

Default Re: Weird Dreams

<snip>
    I dreamt I was in my bedroom and it was raining and two sides of the room were reduced to the framework. There was water everywhere on the floor and I was trying to explain to my mother what was wrong with the house :-/.
    Do any of you translate dreams? How about you, do you ever have weird dreams? :o
    Let me get my DREAM ENCYCLOPEDIA (I knew this would come in useful some day) -----

Rain: Rain is a natural element of cleansing. Because it is essential to plant growth, rain is a symbol of fertility. In a dream, rain may indicate a new direction of thought and purpose - washing away the old and fertilizing the new. Alternatively, gray, dismal clouds and rain may indicate desolation or barrenness.

Mother: The mother bestows life, love, and nurturing. Seeing one's own mother in a dream reflects guidance and care. Alternatively, a mother can be a negative symbol is one has unpleasant association's with one's own mother.

House: Because a house is a personal dwelling place, a house under construction shows inner work is being performed on the psyche. The condition of a house - whether it is in disrepair or it is fixed up and newly painted - is also symbolic.

Hope this helps!

E

Thanks

Okay, don't laugh people, every dream I have ever had takes place in a mall! Even if I know it's not a mall, such as my high school, home, morgue, strip club... the actual setting is laid out like a mall. Most of the time it doesn't even strike me a being odd, until I wake up and wonder why the fuck pervert row is up the escalator next to Sam Goodie!

I don't fucking get it! I'm not a mall rat, I hate going to the mall and will only do so if necessary; yet I know the layout of every mall I've ever been to like the back of my hand!

Thanks

snip
    I dreamt I was in my bedroom and it was raining

Don't you get it---That was a WET dream

Thanks

Nothing get by you, huh babe! [laughup]

Featured Member Juliette_deSade's Avatar
    Thanks

Write down yer dreams. Look 'em up and learn cool s*** about yourself. Make links. Us humans are s0000 complex. Fun isn't it?

PS. I have had a genuine wet dream where I woke up in a wet spot. I felt like such a dude. It was hot.

Juliette
    The Texas Pin-up Stripteuse!

Thanks

Heh, I had a wet dream once too. I was soooo shocked when I woke up, it took several minutes to realize it really happened. I had been dreaming something sexual, can't remember what, but in the dream I was cuming, and I woke up in the middle of an orgasm! I thought only guys did that.....

Quote Originally Posted by pheno View Post
    When you lead a nontraditional life don't try to measure it with traditional milestones.

Pamela

I once had the same friggin dream over and over. It was that the helicopter (from the hospital) was crashing about 20 feet away from me, and i could not run.

Strange, i thought, and told lots of peope i "hate" this dream.

Well it did go down one night, 2 of the paramedics where in the hospital. It did not crash near me and i did not know until i went to work and was told. Everyone inside the helicopter was going to be fine.

Now to this day, when i have a repeated dream, i make notes of it. So far nothing has happened again. And it's been like 3 years today when the helicopter crashed.

Freaky, and i don't take dreams lightly. I certainly believe. Just can't understand most of them.

Pamela

Thanks

I have had dreams with my mother in them all my life. I mentioned this to a psychic who is also a friend who laughed and sai d no big deal you guys have been connected in many other lives than this one - you've been sisters you've been mother daughter reversed etc...

All kinds of dreams.... that do seem like snapshots taken from another life upon retrospection...

They never really fall into a mother/daughter scenario - she is just the other main character in my dreams.

Dreams are trippy huh?
    LIVE LONG & PROSPER!
    Leigh Landon

Never explain yourself to anyone, because the person who likes you doesn't need it and the person that dislikes you won't believe it.

Thanks

I don't tell many people about this dream, because it's kind of in poor taste to do so; but I did tell my then BF in the morning before we got up.
    He freaked out later, told me not to tell him my dreams anymore.

Dream: Lots of people falling from the sky. No buildings or background, just people falling out of the sky.

Woke up crying, continued crying all day... Sept. 11. 2001

Thanks

you just gave me chills.

Thanks

I have dreams that come true sometimes too. I also have lot's of dreams that don't come true, so it's not particularly useful.

My first one was when I was in kindergarten, this bear was chasing me around and no one else could see it, or me, it was like we were invisible. And I finally got under the wood stove and it was almost about to get me and then I could hear my mom coming to wake me up. It said it would be back in two days to get me. I didn't tell anyone and two days later I woke up being glad that the bear didn't come back, and then like ten minutes after I woke up something very bad happened.

I also have dreams if I'm connected to people. Like one time I dreamed that there were cops at my freinds house and they were searching her house and they were going to arrest her, and I woke up and called her and I said "Erin you need to ge out of the house right now" and she was like "i can't the cops are here..."

My theory is that when we are connected to ourselves and the universe around us all of our dreams mean something...

Lena

Featured Member Juliette_deSade's Avatar
    Thanks

On a more serious note, I remeber all of my dreams these days. I have dreams of awful shape-shifting shadow demons. They run way when I try to get help and everyone who hears me yelling about daemons they think I'm crazy.

Or the ones that link all of the people in my life intrinsically. My first boyfriend was in one with my uncle's lover. Same dream, but I couldn't remember how they related. I think my uncle and he were driving me to my 9th grade BF's house to make cake.....

Dreams are kwooky like that. I agree.
    Juliette de Sade
    The Texas Pin-up Stripteuse!

Thanks

I think the most amazing dream I ever had centered around my old first horse, Buddy. He was a rescue horse that I spent years nurturing, and he did the same for me in return. When things got rough with my dad, I do believe if it weren't for that horse keeping me strong, I'd have given up.

Knowing that, in my dream, Buddy was at the dude string I work on in the summer. Amy, the manager at the time was trying to put this girl on him and he just wouldn't have it. For some reason we were completely unphased by the knee deep water from the terrential downpour that was happening.

Then next thing I know, I'm on Buddy, completely bareback how we always used to ride. We're cantering over a field that's perfectly green, with white vinyl fencing. There's nothing else around us, and the field seems to go on forever. His long mane is flowing in the wind and we're just floating together, like it used to be.

I woke up from that dream feeling like I rode Buddy, and I do believe I did, that he came to me in that dream. That was, the most amazing and beautiful thing that has ever happened to me.

love and cookies
    -smurf
    You can&#039;t fight gravity, on a planet that insists, that love is like falling, and falling is like this...

Thanks

Every single dream I've ever had (well that I remember) has had either an ex-boyfriend of mine in it or I'm in some way drinking, like I'm in a bar or I'm drunk, also I always have a child or I'm pregnant in these dreams. My dreams always have one of these elements or sometimes all three. I still haven't been able to figure out what that means though.

Shayden
    When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail!

Thanks

Oh a couple nights ago I had a dream I had a baby and I was sent back to high school (I don't know why) and nobody wanted to talk to me because I had a kid. My day job boss was principal and I was trying to ditch school out the bathroom window. I had my kid in one arm and a bottle of Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum in the other and I was about to jump out the window and I heard him coming, so I wrapped the bottle in my baby's blanket and threw it out the window!

WTF?

Shayden
    When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail!

Banned
    Thanks

Eibon, thanks for the wonderful insights into my dream. Keep that book handy , I might consult you again.
    Monty, I just KNEW someone was going to make that comment.

Ravin

Dream: Lots of people falling from the sky. No buildings or background, just people falling out of the sky.

Woke up crying, continued crying all day... Sept. 11. 2001
    Wow!!! That is totally crazy and gave me the chills.

I don't usually remember my dreams. Sometimes I wake up and start talking to my husband (like its a continued conversation) only to have him tell me he has no idea what I am talking about.

Sometimes I will think I remember having a conversation with others too, and have to really think about it to realize if it was real or just a dream.

Thanks

Sometimes I will think I remember having a conversation with others too, and have to really think about it to realize if it was real or just a dream.
    I actually wouldn't accept my friends calls once because I saw her flirting with my BF one night in the booth. Realized something wasn't quite right with the memory a few days later... there was an Orange Julious in her hand. Another damn mall scene!

Ravin

ROFLMAO. That was great!.