Thread: LA FITNESS

Thanks

Default LA FITNESS

how many girls belong to this gym and how much did you pay for the membership here?
    they keep changing their prices every time i call them.
    THE MEN ARE ALL THE SAME YOU DON`T LOOK AT THEIR FACES AND YOU DON`T ASK THEIR NAMES YOU DON`T THINK OF THEM AS HUMAN YOU DON`T THINK OF THEM AT ALL YOU keep ur mind on the money and eyes on the wall

Thanks

Default Re: LA FITNESS

I have not heard many nice things about the trainers there.....please be careful!
    Chelle
    www.geocities.com/lolasfeature

"Everyone always says to look outside the box- I prefer to believe there is no box"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Inspired

Asia,

I work for 24hourfitness in AZ, and can tell you that the #1 rule of any gym is to NEVER GIVE PRICES OVER THE PHONE.

Look at it from their business aspect: they want you to come into the gym so they can give you their sales pitch. Also, most large gym chains have ongoing specials every month, so the prices often DO fluctuate. One month they might waive the initiation fee, the next month there will be a full initiation fee, but they'll include 3 personal training sessions.

LA Fitness does offer a 2 week trial period, so it might be worth your time to go in and talk to the sales guy. Their group exercise program isn't as good as 24hourfitness though. So if you are joining a gym with the intent of taking a lot of classes, check out 24hour instead.

LA Fitness is a bit cheaper than 24hour. For any corporate gym, you can expect an initiation fee of about $150-200 and then $20-40 a month depending on if you want to use just one club or have access to all clubs in the nation.
    Rebecca Avalon

Thanks

the price i got was $24/mo with $200 or $300 something initiation fee, and $29/month with $100 something initiation fee....the sales guy said it was originally $44/mo and $49/mo, but he would cut it down $20 for me.......but i went on LA fitness's web page and they have the $24-$29/mo prices advertised.
    "So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

Thanks

Brittney Ireland,

I'm just curious, are you a personal trainer, fitness instructor? Or do you work in the sales department?

I'm curious about getting my personal fitness trainer certificate for a side job. I'm really into fitness and I think it would fit my personality. If you are certified whom is your ceritification from. And what classes do you teach? Did you have to get extra training for the teach the group classes.

Thanks! Have a great day!

Amyaz

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Inspired

I am ACE Certified in Group Exercise and Personal Training. I don't personal train anymore, I found I didn't want to do my own workout after being at the gym all day among other reasons. These days I teach Spinning, Yoga, Pilates, Rep Reebok, Reebok Core Board, Step, etc. Check out www.acefitness.org for certification info.

Depending on what gym chain you work for, you could start personal training tomorrow. At 24Hourfitness, they have a few different categories of personal trainers, depending on experience and education. Check out their website 24hourfitness.com and click on employment. You can search for jobs in your area and read the job descriptions there.

However, EVERY big gym chain has similar guidelines. They all require their personal trainers to do more than just come in and see 2 or 3 clients a week....thats another reason why I didn't like it. Dancing generated more income (and required less time) than training did.

Basically, since you don't have any experience or training, your responsibilities as a beginning personal trainer would include an 40 hours a week of monitoring the gym floor, re-racking weights, and taking new members through their personal fitness assessment. You would be allowed to train clients after an initial observation period, however, you would only receive 30% of the $60/hour.

Once you build your resume with two or three national certifications, you can work up to a 70-30% split where you come and go as you please. However, even then you are required to maintain a minimum # of clients per week. Remember, you are an EMPLOYEE of the club, so they want to see you sell sell sell personal training packages....(after all they are making money off of you!)

There are some smaller local gyms that allow personal trainers to do some independent contracting work. You'd just have to do your homework and approach the owner.

Good Luck!
    Rebecca Avalon

Banned
    Thanks

I never liked public gyms much- the co-ed ones had the meat market feel and the women gyms some women had that why is she here vibe. I paid a bundle and hardly ever went. I invested in a workout room in my house. I love to workout now, but alone , thanks

I have a TotalGym, and enough room to do cardio- I'm into Zumba and The Firm and Step. My whole set up- with out the mirrors- cost me less than a years membership. Home is where it's at