Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forbidden Songs

Thanks
    Thanked 5,065 Times in 2,637 Posts

Default Re: Forbidden Songs

You guys are cool...

I suppose I could be accused of being a feminist, myself, in some respects. But I am very much a free spirit as far as sexual mores go, except for my abhorrence of the pressure exerted on dancers to go beyond what they are comfortable with, in many areas of the country.

I do like the way Consolidated in effect let the dancer express her point of view, before they launch into their anti-dancing philosophy, in "No Answer".

Have you guys heard "Dog and Pony Show" by them? That's a pretty hot song, but I haven't listened to it for a while, and I forget if the lyrics would preclude their use in a stripclub or not...
    You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Free your mind, and your ass will follow.
    George Clinton

Thanks

Tonight I was in my prime, doing one lap after another, feeling sexy as hell. I had just finished a song with one of my all time favorite regulars, and I could tell that he was really ready to spend some money. I really had him excited and I could see it in his eyes. The mood was perfect....

and then the music came on: My Chocolate Salty Balls from the South Park soundtrack.

Moment ruined. Nothing like dancing to: "Suck on my chocolate salty baaaaaaalllllls...

But hey, we had a good laugh.
    ROTFLMFAO!!!! Oh my god I haven't laughed so hard in a looooong time! I know it's terrible but I'd get such a huge kick out of using a snip of that song as an intro on stage! LOL! And I'd have an even better time with a fav customer if that came on! HAHA once in a while I just HAVE to dance to a song by, can't remember, house music, but the song is called 'Frank Sinatra' with a female voice saying stuff like 'vip area.....suck my dick....lick my ass....frank frank sinatra' - and the chick has an accent on top of it. It's just too much fun when I'm in the mood, and the guys seem to have a good time with it too

Quote Originally Posted by pheno View Post
    When you lead a nontraditional life don't try to measure it with traditional milestones.

Thanks

Bridgette, you're thinking of Miss Kittin and the Hacker's song "Frank Sinatra".
    "Just 'cause she dances go-go, that don't make her a 'ho, no.....called up my Mama, said 'I'm in love with this stripper yo.'"
    -Wyclef Jean

Reznor

I'm not sure of the girl/group who sings it, but I HATED it when I was in the VIP room giving a dance and the song "My Neck, My Back" came on...

What a great song to do a private dance to! It's basically informing the customer to try and lick you. They try and do that enough already, they really don't need encouragement in that area. Ughh seriously... what a distasteful, inappropriate song...

Thanks

khia
    my neck, my back
    lick my pussy and my crack

so boring, so jacked
    what the fuck and why play that
    whats a PL to do?

Thanks

I hate being on the side satge when the girl on main has chosen "Smack my Bitch Up". I think those are the only lyrics. I don't want to get naked for men to smack my bitch up. Even after a customer explained to me that it is not about violence against women, but rather a woman wanting to get her lesbian lover fucked up. OK. I still don't like it.

Don't remember exactly who mentioned these, But I love "Diamond Dogs" and dance to it often.

"Walk on the Wild Side"? Is it the racial reference that is the problem?

"I'm afraid of Americans"- We had 2 girls do a double show to this the weekend after 9-11 and I have never seen a croud so wild in my life. Throwing $20's on stage by the fistfuls. It was a good show. Red, white and blue outfits, very acrobatic. But I didn't know what to think really. Especially when the 2 middle eastern guys I was sittinfg near got up and left in a hurry. But it was the best example of exploiting public sentiment for money in a strip club I have ever seen.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,065 Times in 2,637 Posts

A classic case of guys in strip clubs being so enthralled by the dancers, that the subtle, and less than conventionally patriotic--to say the least--message is entirely ignored.

Of course it would work quite well in the context of terrorists being fearful of vengeful Yankees on the warpath, but that is certainly not the intended meaning.

This would be much harder to pull off with the second version I have of "I'm Afraid...", which is slowed down, sexed up, and very, very good indeed. But the lyrics are not so easily glossed over, so I have rarely played it in these jingoistic times. Not only that, but homophobes in any socio-political milieu would no doubt object to the "Johnny wants to suck on a cock..." bit, also in the first version, but much more clearly sung here.

You know, whenever I play that "America Number One" track, I am a bit concerned that someone will run to the manager, but maybe I should be bold, play it up, and get a girl in one of those USA outfits ("it's time to stand up and salute the flag") to dance to it! All the guys will hear, if anything, is the title phrase sung over and over. The stuff about Dupont and Union Carbide really being the ones running the show will be lost on them...
    You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Free your mind, and your ass will follow.
    George Clinton

Thanks

McCain --

Maybe it's the clubs where I worked (up-scale, catering to business guys) and maybe it's the city (Phoenix), but I have NEVER met a "bleeding heart liberal" in a strip club. Most -- all? -- of my customers looked like Republicans from 100 feet away. The only thing they did "liberal" was tip.

LOL.... somehow, in a wierd way, this reminds me of a scene from the movie "Body Double". Nancy Allen is a hooker who's trying to seduce her shrink, played by Michael Caine. She's stripping for him and he's trying to talk her out of it:

Caine: "I can't do this. I'm a married man."

Allen: "Fucked a lot of them."

Caine" "Plus, I'm a doctor."

Allen: "Fucked a lot of them, too."

Thanks

I just started dancing 4 months ago and I was horrible at first...the %&*($& DJ played me another one bites the dust my first day =(

Featured Member Juliette_deSade's Avatar
    Thanks

Someone did this last nite. Horrible.
    Winona's Big Brown Beaver by Primus.
    Do ya'll remember that one? I am working my last week at a hick bar. They don't like ANY of my personal CD's.

But they can get away with Primus. And Jackyl. There's a girl who is way into that song. I've never walked off stage. Dammit, sometimes I REALLY wanna. As for Pedophilia, you guys might find this disheartening. Curious as to what would happen, I got into a Schoolgirl outfit and danced to Don't Stand so Close to me by the Police. I did very well. I don't dance to that one any more!

Politically, Get Up Stand Up by Bob Marley does surprisingly very well. I'm Afraid of Americans is sposed to be mildly funny, no?

Juliette de Sade
    The Texas Pin-up Stripteuse!

Featured Member Juliette_deSade's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't mess with this one, even though it's a good song.
    XTC-Dear God

I suspect it will piss off a lot of people.

Also,
    Fuck You by Dean and the Weanies

You might also wanna avoid 9 inch Richard's version of Closer. BUT download it for FUN [joker].
    I wanna fuck you like an animal...baaaaaa baaaaa.
    The Texas Pin-up Stripteuse!

Thanks

i'd have 2 say a forbidden song is the h.r. puffenstuff theme song. it is the most retarded song i've ever heard. or if you dance to that chicken dance polka song... unless it's meant to be a total joke...but even then it's annoying...

djoser: finally a dj who's heard of kmfdm! i've had a damn hard time in the clubs i was working at cause i play underground industrial. i usually bring my own music cause everything i like is not available at work.
    "RIP THE SYSTEM"

Thanks

i'd have 2 say a forbidden song is the h.r. puffenstuff theme song. it is the most retarded song i've ever heard. or if you dance to that chicken dance polka song... unless it's meant to be a total joke...but even then it's annoying...

djoser: finally a dj who's heard of kmfdm! i've had a damn hard time in the clubs i was working at cause i play underground industrial. i usually bring my own music cause everything i like is not available at work.

"Glory" off the KMFDM "Angst" release always seemed to be a great song for a SC. If I ever become a DJ, it will be in my repertoire.

"H.R. Pufnstuff - Who's your friend when things get rough?
    H.R. Pufnstuff - Can't do a little cause he can't do enough....".

Curious Guest
    Thanks

I'd have to say AC/DC's "THE JACK" would be a forbidden song. Although it has a great beat, if you've ever heard it, you know it has nothing to do with cards.

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Man some of these song you people think are bad to dance to is idiotic.....who was that was talking about "My Sharona".... some of my girls that are small in stature.. have put there hair in pigtails and take the money from the pediphiles ... THIS IS A BUSINESS... treat it as such ... we have alot of sickos come in these clubs ... the trick is to appeal to them and empty their wallets ... nothing is tabu with me ... ... Do not come to North Florida's finest establishment " THE GOLD CLUB" (which we also run 5 other clubs in fla and GA .. one on the way in atlantic city in Jersey) and think you can or will run off the stage when I play a particular song ... becuse you will not make the 400- 1000 dollars a night you could ... because if management doesn't fire you ... I will not put you back on stage ....That is the way it works ... I have done this along time and I know what works ... however the "I'm afraid of americans" song.. makes me sick to my stomach so I chose not to play that track (like daytona lots of rednecks here too)... I love most all the girls that I work with ... (except for the occasional girl ... DJ's you know the ones ...who never danced before, been dancing 2 weeks now and they want to tell you how to do your job....DUHH)
    Don't get me wrong ... I bend over backwards for the dancers ... and always try to play what they want ... I always respect EVERY GIRL I work with ... that way when I say "Sweety that probably is not a good song to play ... or What would be a better song for you..." They always listen ... Therefore I make great money ....
    [email protected]

Thanks

omg I just went to a club and they played the safety song [argh]

You can dancer if you want to..... *proceeds to shoot himself
    whats a PL to do?

Thanks

Absolute no-no...."Rape Me" by Nirvana...what are girls thinking???? Oh! and that song by City High....whats the name? About a dancer whos dad used to rape her and now she sleeps with men for money to support her kid because her crack addict boyfriends in jail....WHY DO PEOPLE DANCE TO THIS SHIT!!! ??? With all the good music in the world to choose from....
    Personally I walk off stage when those 2 songs come on...unprofessional or not....yikes..
    ~Tori~
    I have often thought that if a rational Fascist dictatorship were to exist, then it would choose the American system.
    -Noam Chomsky

Thanks

Last night at my club, one of the girls danced to New Orleans is Sinking... I thought it showed very poor taste personally, given the events in the last week.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sassiegrl
    I'd have to say AC/DC's "THE JACK" would be a forbidden song. Although it has a great beat, if you've ever heard it, you know it has nothing to do with cards.
    I see girls use this all the time... I don't think they get the connotation of the lyrics... I jokingly suggested that one of them actually wear the garter on her right leg and stick a few cards in there with the jack facing out.

Thanks

I always get a good respones from dancing to Never Again by nickel back. I think it is because of how I play it. To me the song is saying although I have been a victim I am strong enough to overcome.
    But I sometimes like songs that weird people out. I remember when pinks family portrait came out. The song made me so sad I cryed ; but I had to dance to it. I just got so into the song and the whole bar would be dead silent. I could tell it messed some people up. It probaly didn't help that I was naked and the song ends with daddy don't go over and over.
    I don't think it is really bad tast as much that it just makes people think. not always a good thing I know.

The song I hate to hear in a strip club is Lola you know the oldies one . It's about a guy that dresses like a girl. A good song , but in the age of sex changes it may not be good to have any one second guessing.
    You say psycho like it's a bad thing

madmaxine

Most Rush songs are verboten. Too prog-rock. I got away with playing most of "Moving Pictures" one night but that was a once-in-a-lifetime exception.
    I HATE HATE that Bink 182 suicide note song ("tell mom this is not her fault"). A friend of mine went through something like that and he still can't talk about it. It's a buzz-kill.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxine
    Most Rush songs are verboten. Too prog-rock. I got away with playing most of "Moving Pictures" one night but that was a once-in-a-lifetime exception.
    I like everything about you except for your love of Rush Maxine. But I'll overlook this one flaw, for the rest is too irresistably appealing.

"Have you ever been to American wedding? Where is the vodka, where's marinated herring?" - GB
    "And do the cats give a shit? No, they do not. Why? Because they're cats."-from The Onion

Quote Originally Posted by Mia M
    If a cupcake was tossed at me... well, I'd only be upset if it missed my mouth

madmaxine

^ That's OK. Rushies are an embattled lot... but the Canucks have got my back, eh? LOL

I WAS dancing in my underpants when I saw that kid on NBC's "Freaks and Geeks" was doing Neil Peart-impersonation drum solos in his basement...LOL!!!!

Thanks

A couple years ago I was working at a club where the Dj was a real a**. The day that the Columbia crashed I went on stage and he played the Peter Shilling remix of "Major Tom" I was soooo embarrassed I walked right off the stage and sat at the bar until he changed the music.

At another club the DJ actually played the South Park remix of "Come Sail Away" (yes the one with Cartmen singing it). I went with it and made a fortune on stage and had dances lined up after that (i guess it helps to have a sense of humor).

A song I actually request to dance to now is the "Asshole Song" by Dennis Leary. I play it when its dead and the guys are being cheap. I normally follow that up with "Your Pretty When I'm Drunk" by the Bloodhound Gang
    Alexis

Thanks

I refuse to dance to Aerosmith's Janie's Got A Gun. Refuse. Wont. Do. It.

Or Nickleback's Never Again...

At the first club I worked at, there was a bartender who always played Norman Greenbaum's Spirit In The Sky for me to dance to. SO CREEPY.
    Number of times Rickrolled on stage: 6

Marasmus ... "Ladies don't fart. They butt-laugh."
    Marasmus says, "Oh no, that wasn't gas, it was merely a rectal chuckle."

Marek says, "A friend of mine got punched in the face by a dominatrix stripper about two weeks ago and I thought of you."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast