Thread: Las Vegas ShowGirl show songs? Help?

Thanks

Default Las Vegas ShowGirl show songs? Help?

ANything but the same old same old songs!
    Viva Las vegas
    Leaving Las Vegas
    etc etc

ANything that suggests a showgirl or performer or such? I remember this tune that I used like a billion yrs ago and cant find again, IF THEY COULD SEE ME NOW...yah old showtune but somebody remade it into disco tune, it was ancient when I used it back then but sooooooooo hard up for these kind of tunes..

Renade show tunes are great if they can still be danceable but hard to find!

Any ideas oh stripperweb tune-gurus?
    [monkeydance]
    LIVE LONG & PROSPER!
    Leigh Landon

Never explain yourself to anyone, because the person who likes you doesn't need it and the person that dislikes you won't believe it.

Thanks

Default Re: Las Vegas ShowGirl show songs? Help?

Alice Cooper-Give the kid a break
    Don't make me spank you!

Thanks

Deviating slightly from what you're actually searching for:

Lounge Against the Machine

http://www.lvrj.com/lvrj_home/2002/F.../17920303.html
    "The elastic retreat rings the close of play as the last wave uncovers the newfangled way."

Thanks

Are these suitable for a dancer all dolled up in a 2 foot head piece in feathers jewels n beads, aka showgirl on the strip? Its very glam, big, and any kinda rock or such wont cut it...let me go throw those up on KazaA...
    LIVE LONG & PROSPER!
    Leigh Landon

Never explain yourself to anyone, because the person who likes you doesn't need it and the person that dislikes you won't believe it.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,152 Times in 2,658 Posts

A friend of mine was playing this old recording by Peggy Lee, whose voice is so sexy she makes Frank Sinatra, that damned wife-beating gangster (lol, sorry Frank fans), sound like a chipmunk...

"Hey big spender, spend a little time with me".

I love the line where she goes

"The minute you walked in the joint,
    I could tell you were a man of distinction..."

She knows how to butter em up for toasting, and make 'em love every minute of it, from the sounds of her voice.

But depending on where you are dancing, and their clientele, you may want to only play a short bit of this song, it is pretty old, even if it's sexuality is timeless...

"Fever", by Madonna is a pretty sexy song with a definite showgirl feel to it.

You could then play "Fever" by Fever Express, as fine a techno song as I have, and much more acceptable to all crowds than most techno (I have played it with great success even for bikers and rednecks) because it is a remake of a mainstream dance song, you'll recognize it right away.

It has some of the sexiest female vocals I have ever heard, and lends itself to all kinds of DJ bullshit about how hot you are, etc. But be sure to start it 60 seconds in, the version I have takes that long to get going.

But sure as hell, none of these songs are going to cut it with the Indian headress! That's a toughie, I've been trying to figure that one out for a while.

Go over to that post to see what I came up with so far...

Djoser
    You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Free your mind, and your ass will follow.
    George Clinton

Thanks

You know what? I think you got it there Djoser, I used those songs before but for a glamour gown show, they really could apply to a vegas show!
    You've come thru yet again!!!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooooooo
    LIVE LONG & PROSPER!
    Leigh Landon

Thanks

Default ???Re: Las Vegas ShowGirl show songs? Help?

I like the "Big Spender" (don't know the actual title ???) song also, but just be kind of careful using it. Like Djoser said, just play a short part of it.... It seems like an unreal number of features are using it nowadays. Every weekend I hear that song in a feature show. It would be nice to hear someone pull of the glamour theme without that song. Good luck, Leigh! -Fire
    "Risk is the chance you take for opportunity."-Anonymous

Thanks

I wonder if I can find a remix? Thanks Firewoman for the points, I would do well to consider the overplay.
    Being you get booked into a club alone you arent hearing other features tunes, so that was a very valuable point to me, thank you!
    LIVE LONG & PROSPER!
    Leigh Landon

Thanks
    Thanked 5,152 Times in 2,658 Posts

Ya, me too, Fire Woman, if I go to another club, like in Orlando, and bust out that great new/old tune I've been wanting to use, and they're like, "that new a**hole DJ is playing that damned stupid song AGAIN, jheezus!"

Let's find some more, so we can say, "Allright, how about THIS one...", LOL. Shouldn't be too hard with all the many different wonderful, creative people we have sharing tips.

A remix of that song would be HOT, as long as they didn't mess with that devastatingly sexy voice of hers. Also, beware, I have heard a version done by some other 50's/60's era singer who is probably dead now, whose voice just doesn't hold a candle to Peggy Lee.

BTW, sorry I missed you Bike Week, but I'm glad you had a good time, in the wind...

Djoser
    You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Free your mind, and your ass will follow.
    George Clinton

Thanks

One more to STRICLY avoid. Madonna's "Material Girl"! I'm sure you could figure that out on your own, but other people haven't been that bright. I know that I can think of some other ones that would work....let me check my CD collection and I'll let you know what I've found.

Djoser: Sorry I missed you too! You may find this kind of funny, though... A well know club owner from Daytona came into the club that I work at in Miami. You'd probably recongnize his face on the PONY on the back of the Lollipops T-Shirt. He was running his mouth about how he has the "greatest club in Daytona" and "no one can touch him". Needless to say, he made an ass out of himself. I avoided him like the plague so that he wouldn't recognize me. It was an interesting evening.
    "Risk is the chance you take for opportunity."-Anonymous