Thread: The "right" way to go back to dancing?

Thanks

Default The "right" way to go back to dancing?

I've been reading this website and it is helpful. Well, I want to go back to dancing. I left because I wasn't making money, I was tired of the men and after reading I found out that my mind wasn't in the money. I want to dance again because I know that money is there and I can have it. I want to save money for school too. I've only danced for alomost 10 months then I left. I want to make more money but I want to do it dancing. What are a couple a things I should know before I go and waste my time trying at something that might be for me I dont know? My question is there a right way to go back into dancing or am I just confused as hell?

Thanks

Default Re:The "right" way to go back to dancing?

The only thing I can think of is to change your attitude towards dancing. You say that you want to go back to dancing, but you have only negative things to say about it. Until you can be positive about the dancing (meaning having positive thoughts about dancing), you'll just be wasting your time. If you don't really enjoy this kind of dancing and are just doing it for the money, people will pick up on that and pay accordingly...which is why, I suspect, you weren't making money before.

Good luck.
    --Venus

Thanks

It took me a while to start making money when I started dancing too. No matter how pretty you are, it takes time to learn to play 'the game' and only when you learn to play it will you start making money.

If I were you, I'd make a list of what kept your mind from 'being in the money' as you call it. Maybe you are one of those people who would benefit from working a bunch - saving a bunch and then quitting for a while and going to school. If you have a goal clearly in sight that doesn't seem too far away, it can be much easier to stay $motivated$.

Try it again and stay focused on the positive - don't worry about what anyone else thinks. If you decide you still don't like it, nothing's lost. And hopefully you'll have made some extra cash!
    Let your indulgence set me free. - Shakespeare

Curious Guest
    Thanks

help me im 26 and have 3 kids i also have aot of scars on my breat an hips, im not a small girl by n e means but my stomack is folat i wonder if i should even try

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angelbabie913 link=board=25;threadid=6702;start=msg84906#msg8490 6 date=1079460968
    help me im 26 and have 3 kids i also have aot of scars on my breat an hips, im not a small girl by n e means but my stomack is folat i wonder if i should even try
    good grief,

folks, does the above look familiar? i hope i'm wrong...

Thanks

Hey backinthegame, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm going back into dancing in May after a long absence (a few years..I danced off and on for 2 years). What I found helpful for me was to make a list of all the pros and cons of going back into dancing. Then compare them and see which side outweighs the other. For me, the postives of dancing were superior to the negatives. But, everybody's different. If you don't think you can handle it, or are going to go in with a negative mindset, it will show and not only will you still be broke, but you'll be miserable. You have to do what's right for YOU.

Thanks

I'm getting back into it myself and I have to agree with all the other girls that posted on this..you have to REALLY want this..that's the only way you're gonna make money..the question is..do you really want to do it?If you're wavering on that question, then maybe you should think about it some more, before you even start..
    At this time in my life, the only way I keep moving forward is to know that things will eventually get better..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloodydewdrop link=board=25;threadid=6702;start=msg84956#msg8495 6 date=1079468753
    Quote Originally Posted by angelbabie913 link=board=25;threadid=6702;start=msg84906#msg8490 6 date=1079460968
    good grief,

OMG...LOL...I was thinking the same thing. I hope that we ARE in fact wrong. Ay-yi-yi.

Thanks

What are you girls thinking about this fake 1 post person. There was another women who with three kids who was getting into dancing, but she would have no reason to troll.

AngelBabe, I think you answered your own question here.
    Those who bring sunshine into lives of others, cannot keep it from themselves.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VenusGoddess link=board=25;threadid=6702;start=msg85023#msg8502 3 date=1079480578
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodydewdrop link=board=25;threadid=6702;start=msg84956#msg8495 6 date=1079468753
    good grief,

OMG...LOL...I was thinking the same thing. I hope that we ARE in fact wrong. Ay-yi-yi.
    Grrrr.. LOL
    You girls read my mind.

BackInTheGame,

I do wish you luck in returning to dancing. However, you mentioned that you were tired of the men? Hunny, that's gotta change, or at least you have to know how to fake it. They're the ones who will be giving you most of your income.

I wouldn't say there's really ONE specific correct way to go back to dancing. But you do have to make sure that you enjoy it. If it's not fun, it's not worth it. I've danced for the interaction with others, and for how it makes me feel. Of course, the money doesn't hurt either.. lol

Just weigh the pros and cons, and see what you come up with hon. Good luck to you.

God/dess
    Thanks

breat
    dead giveaway.

Thanks

aot
    breat
    n e
    stomack
    folat

I am ganna :
    You get what you put up with

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vanilla_dog link=board=25;threadid=6702;start=msg85581#msg8558 1 date=1079592947
    aot
    breat
    n e
    stomack
    folat

I am ganna :
    Hahahaha VD. ganna.. lmao

God/dess
    Thanks

Where's the smite button when you need it? :evil:

Thanks

Can't they ban her IP address? Grrrrrrr...