Thread: Should I reference previous modeling experience?

Thanks

Default Should I reference previous modeling experience?

First, I want to thank everyone who has contributed to these discussions. I am getting ready to audition next week, and having been a stranger to the world of exotic dancing, I have found your words of advice and encouragement invaluable!

My question is this: should I take previous fashion modeling pics (all of which are approx. 8-10 years old) in for the audition? Attach them to the application? I am lucky enough to still retain a youthful appearance and do not look remotely unlike these aforementioned pics, but what can I expect if I do bring them in? Will they be relevant? Any pro's or con's associated with this type of action?

I've picked my songs, picked my outfits, and the courage that the ladies of this board have given me is what's going to carry me through my nerve wracking audtions.
    - I've attached a pic that was taken when I was 18 - btw, I'm now 28.

I am really eager to find out if taking a picture or two in (from a previous life, so to speak) is a good idea or not?
    Last edited by GirlFriday; 10-16-2004 at 06:01 PM.

Thanks

Default Re:Should I reference previous modeling experience?

Im not sure if you should take the pics , but you'll get hired NO problem, with or without them!!!!
    Good luck

Thanks

Thanks for your opinion, Lexi - Just wondering.....what are your thoughts on why I should or shouldn't take the pics?

I know that you have experience in an arena that I don't yet and I'm hoping to draw on that.

For business purposes, is this going to be a good move or one that could cause more of a headache than it's worth?

btw - having yet to dance I admire sooooo much those that have the courage to

Thanks

Wow Dahling...

Judging from your pic, You'll have NO problems getting hired anywhere. And in some clubs, you'll most likely get hired even without an audition. But, be prepared, just in case, and it sounds like you are.. lol..

I wouldn't even worry about the pics. But, if you'd like to be on the safe side, you can take a few. This is just in case the person that does the hiring isn't in at the time of your visit. That way, they can put a face & body with the name.

You're beautiful, good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks

No, hun I didnt mean you shouldnt take the pics, Im just saying that I really have no clue if you should or shouldnt. I dont know if it will matter to them or not. You COULD do what some girls do, and send your pics and ask for an audition. (Thats how some girls get into my club, they send a pic via email) etc...
    So Im not sure! lol
    Either way, you'll have NO problem whatsoever.