+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tonalin CLA-bad side effect

Thanks

Default Tonalin CLA-bad side effect

Like a lot of you I've been taking Tonalin CLA to help firm up and it's really proven to be a miracle pill. But this past week while I was in florida I ended up having a horrible case of kidney stones. Extreme pain, vomitting. It was terrible. Well a week later I'm better and the stones have been sent to a lab. The results came back as the stones were made from proteins found in the CLA. My doctor demanded I stop taking the pills as a normal healthy 19 year old who drinks tons of water shouldn't have kidney stones. He said the pills would normally take about 6 months to a year to cause the stones. I was just unlucky. so PLEASE read this and take this into consideration if you're taking them. Talk to your doctor. Maybe I am just a freak but I want to make sure no one else goes throught the pain I did.
    "It's hard to say that I was wrong, It's hard to say I miss you, since you've been gone I'm not the same"
    *MisS MoLLy*

Thanks

Default Re:Tonalin CLA-bad side effect

Sorry to hear about your horrible experience. Can you tell us how much you were taking? Just 3 or four a day, as is recommended, or 6 a day like most of the ladies here? Also, were you taking the LPP protein? I just got mine yesterday, but now I'm worried.

God/dess
    Thanks

damn thank you for the warning hun, i'm so sorry this happened to you. Now i'm getting worried.

Seraya.

Thanks

OK...Now I'm convinced...I won't take more than three a day...and I might increase my water intake too...

I've also noticed that the LPP protien has artifical flavoring...I try to avoid that stuff like the plague...so I'll order the Amino Fuel instead...same stuff (except for the whey protien and the collogan (sp))...no artificial flavorings...
    Why do some people still have to fight...to get the same opportunities...that are given to others??...

Look out for self...because noone else will...AND
    The greatest revenge in the world...is success...

Reclusivness...is a good thing.

Thanks

Wow, Sorry to here that happened to you. i have actually never heard of that before.
    CLA is actually derived from Safflower Oil. Which is a FAT and not a protein. The other ingredients are Gelatin,Glycerin,Carmel Color, Titanium Dioxide Color.
    Its the Safflower Oil that firms the skin,by keeping a good amount of moisture (lubricant) in the body. Like I stated before I have been taking Tonalin for many years,since 2000 to be exact.
    I hope you are better soon.

Farrah
    g/l in your recovery
    My new love...is me !

Even the greatest authority does not, ultimately, know you as you know yourself.
    Jhuka

When someone shows you who they are, believe them.
    Maya Angelou

Thanks

I was taking three a day no lpp protein. Cla aparently contains an animal protein which in large amounts causes build ups. Some girls may never have a problem from it but a lot might so thats why I posted the warning. It really sucks cuz the stuff wortked miracles for me.
    "It's hard to say that I was wrong, It's hard to say I miss you, since you've been gone I'm not the same"
    *MisS MoLLy*

Thanks

I forgot to add I also drink a gallon of water a day..thats more for the Betagen and the Cytovol I take. Plus I excercise all the time.
    My new love...is me !

Even the greatest authority does not, ultimately, know you as you know yourself.
    Jhuka

Maya Angelou

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by missmolly link=board=5;threadid=7886;start=msg91002#msg91002 date=1080890402
    I was taking three a day no lpp protein. Cla aparently contains an animal protein which in large amounts causes build ups. Some girls may never have a problem from it but a lot might so thats why I posted the warning. It really sucks cuz the stuff wortked miracles for me.
    I suggest you hire an attorney right away !!
    If your lab results show an animal protein in your kidney stones from CLA. CLA is a fat not a protein. So Natural Inc., the makers of Tonalin, which is patented formula must be lying about their ingredients.
    If you look on your bottle of Tonalin CLA you'll see the patent numbers.
    Believe me you'll have no problem getting a lawyer to take the case for you. Here is the website www.tonalin.com
    I am sure you can get more info from there to help you along the way.
    Good luck..
    Farrah
    My new love...is me !

Jhuka

Maya Angelou

Thanks

Farrah,
    I called my doctor's office today and I'm having a full lab report sent to me(after quite a bit of bitching from the receptionist) and I'm going to call the Tonalin people and see what they have to say. My doctor did say he's heard of Tonalin CLA causing problems and I did a web search and found a few cases but it's hard to tell which are real.
    It would be so nice if I found out the Tonalin CLA wasn't behind my kidney stones because the stuff was a miracle.
    I also drink more than a gallon of water a day, mostly because I play soccer, run and cycle. Thats why I was so amazed when I found out I had a kidney stone. Even more amazed when I had my second catscan and it showed three more.
    What are Betagen and the Cytovol? anything I should look into?
    *MisS MoLLy*

Thanks

Miss Molly,
    Betagen and Cytovol are made by EAS.

Here is the website www.eas.com

I was serious about a lawsuit if your doctor is saying that Tonalin is behind your kidney stones. I had bad side effects from Ripped Fuel..which is why I started taking other supplements. I was part of the class action lawsuit. So if your doctor backs you up then you have a claim.

FH
    My new love...is me !

Jhuka

Maya Angelou

Thanks

The only bad side effect I personally ever had from Tonalin was an upset stomach from mistakingly taking 4 pills on an empty stomach. Which subsided when I ate. Since its an oil, its important to take it with food.

Topaz,
    Whey protein comes from wheat.
    My new love...is me !

Jhuka

Maya Angelou

Featured Member
    Thanks

Miss molly,what is your diet like?Do you eat a lot of protien and supplement with protien shakes?Because I have heard that can cause kidney problems ans perhaps stones.They say women really dont need anymore than 40 grams of protien a day.

Thanks

A woman that works out regularly needs about double that...and if she's trying to gain muscle mass...it's 1 gram per pound of her weight...I take in about 60 to 80 grams of protien a day...

It's not the whey protien that I have a problem with...I switched to a whey protien powder (from a soy one) a couple of years back...due to some female problems...

It's the artificial flavorings that I have a problem with...Amino Fuel doesn't have whey or collogan as ingredience (sp)...that's all I was saying...

:smiley:
    Why do some people still have to fight...to get the same opportunities...that are given to others??...

Featured Member
    Thanks

I read an article by corey everson and she said it is a myth that women need that much protien and when she was competeing she didnt do the pound per body weight at all but much less and she said women dont need that much protein.And I have heard of male body builders in their 50s who have to have kidney transplants because of too much protien.I dont know if its true,just what I have heard.

Thanks

Too much animal protien will kill your kidneys...most body builders eat a lot of meat (especially red meat)...and a lot of the 'mainstream' supplements are suspect (like MetRx and the like) too many questionable ingredients as far as i'm conserned...so what you heard is probably true...

I don't eat a gram per pound either...I weigh 105lbs...60 - 80 grams gives me the results I want...and I don't have to stuff my face...

(I'm also a damn-near-vegan vegetarian...not a whole lot of animal products...cheese is still a weakness though )

Featured Member
    Thanks

Topaz, do you find that the extra protien helps put weight on?When I was really into working out I was 102 and Iam almost 5feet7 ,I could never gain weight most off my life,well except know.But I use to try to get 100 grams a day,like 40 was from chicken,egg beaters and the rest was from met rx and designer protein.I use to add the designer protien to oatmeal and sugar free pudding because I couldnt stand to just drink protien shakes all the time,well I never gained any weight from it and I didnt really put on muscle either.What are your results.

Thanks

Yes...so to speak...I didn't gain weight as far as pounds go...but I did gain muscle...

Also...you have to lift heavier weights...fewer reps and sets...light weights with high reps won't do it if you're trying to gain muscle...

Here's a good site that may help better than I can:

http://www.oxygenmag.com/

Thanks

Yes, I've been going at it for the last month or so and I'm seeing more muscle. Trainer put me on a program lifting as much weight as I can, 6-8 reps. If you can do more than 8 reps you need to use heavier weight. You need to literally not be able to do it 9 times. I'm doing 2 sets like this and seeing a difference. But I've got quite a ways to go before I'm where I want to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by pheno View Post
    When you lead a nontraditional life don't try to measure it with traditional milestones.

Thanks

Default Re: Tonalin CLA-bad side effect

thankz for all the ifo ladies...im going to look into this...but i just got my bottle of the EAS form and ill let anyone know if i have any problems...also sorry to hear about what happend to you...

Sparkle'
    http://twitter.com/#!/NikkoYO

"If You Harbor Bitterness, Happyness Will Dock Elsewere"

Men are like bank accounts. Without a lot of money they don't generate a lot of interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by britneyireland View Post
    All you need is ONE person to have a $1000 night in Vegas.
    Quote Originally Posted by holiday View Post
    Yep. And if you never find him, you can still make $900 while you look .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by missmolly
    Like a lot of you I've been taking Tonalin CLA to help firm up and it's really proven to be a miracle pill. But this past week while I was in florida I ended up having a horrible case of kidney stones. Extreme pain, vomitting. It was terrible. Well a week later I'm better and the stones have been sent to a lab. The results came back as the stones were made from proteins found in the CLA. My doctor demanded I stop taking the pills as a normal healthy 19 year old who drinks tons of water shouldn't have kidney stones. He said the pills would normally take about 6 months to a year to cause the stones. I was just unlucky. so PLEASE read this and take this into consideration if you're taking them. Talk to your doctor. Maybe I am just a freak but I want to make sure no one else goes throught the pain I did.
    As there are no proteins in CLA (as it's a lipid), so I don't understand the comment. Long term studies with CLA have found no such effects on kidney stones. I doubt they are related to your CLA intake honestly.
    -Will Brink, cunning linguist...

Free articles, product reviews, videos, and other stuff of interest to fitness enthusiasts, see my site at:

www.BrinkZone.com

eyeawry

Quote Originally Posted by Farrah_Holiday
    Whey protein comes from wheat.
    Whey is a milk/cheese protein. You know, Little Miss Muffett, eating her curds and whey?

Signed,
    Little miss vegan, eating no curds or whey.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guest
    Whey is a milk/cheese protein. You know, Little Miss Muffett, eating her curds and whey?

Signed,
    Little miss vegan, eating no curds or whey.

You are correct, or at least more correct then she was. Whey is one of two major proteins found in milk. Pretty much everything you could ever need to know about whey: http://www.brinkzone.com/wheyitis.html
    Last edited by StripperWeb; 05-18-2010 at 07:57 AM.

Free articles, product reviews, videos, and other stuff of interest to fitness enthusiasts, see my site at:

www.BrinkZone.com

Featured Member screaminpeachez's Avatar
    Thanks

god and i just ordered 3 bottles!!!!
    "may your work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance like no-one is watching, screw like your being filmed and drink like a true Irishman "--anonymous
    "GOD is LOVE, but get it in writing"- Gypsy Rose Lee

http://www.myspace.com/screaminpeachez

Thanks

I just started taking it so I hope it's not true. I have heard that some people are more prone to get stones. I'm in deep shit if that happens to me since I already can't get health insurance due to other health reasons and that would just be one more plus tons of medical bills. I have heard of people going into renal failure from drinking too many protien shakes so I think that too much of anything can be harmful. I once dated a doctor who treated an attempted (and I think successful) suicide attempt where the girl took a whole bottle of Tylenol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny
    I just started taking it so I hope it's not true. I have heard that some people are more prone to get stones. I'm in deep shit if that happens to me since I already can't get health insurance due to other health reasons and that would just be one more plus tons of medical bills. I have heard of people going into renal failure from drinking too many protien shakes so I think that too much of anything can be harmful. I once dated a doctor who treated an attempted (and I think successful) suicide attempt where the girl took a whole bottle of Tylenol.
    No one has ever gone into renal failure from the use of protein shakes and the "protein is bad for your kidneys" is a myth. See:

http://www.brinkzone.com/protein.html

www.BrinkZone.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast