Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever wanted your own forum?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Ever wanted your own forum?

We're demo-ing a new feature we've been considering. As SW grows and more members join, it is hard to keep that small community feel. We've been doing our best to be a "city that feels like a town", but it is hard to do.

One idea we really like is to offer members their own boards to run the way they see fit (within SW's standard guidelines). This allows for smaller groups & discussions. Members can find boards they like the most and "hang-out" with those posters. The main boards will remain a common ground for all groups to meet and chat.

To see if there is interest in a system like this, we are offering 5-10 boards. So, if you have an idea for a board and would like to run it (you'd be moderator), please post your idea here. We'll choose within the next week or two. Once the boards are created, we'll be watching to see if others care to participate.

We all imagine ourselves the agents of our destiny, capable of determining our own fate. But have we truly any choice in when we rise, or when we fall, or does a force larger than ourselves bid us our direction. Is it evolution that takes us by the hand, does Science point our way, or is it God who intervenes keeping us safe.

So much struggle for meaning, for purpose. And in the end, we find it only in each other. Our shared experience of the fantastic. And the mundane. The simple human need to find a kindred, to connect. And to know in our hearts... that we are not alone.
    Heroes

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Default Re:Ever wanted your own forum?

Why wouldn't people who knew eachother well and just wanted to chit - chat with a small group of people just exchange screen names on Yahoo, msn, aol instant messenger, icq or Irc? There is also the option of forming a yahoo group and/or a msn group for people who know eachother well and/or want others who share their thoughts exactly to join. All the moderators of the yahoo/msn group would have to do is regulate membership, and only e-mail out invites to those who they wanted to join. These groups have the option of forming polls, posting pics, listing links, and posting.

Thanks

would it be a "memebers only" type set up? i mean like you have to have permmision to post or it gets deleted like in the ladies section. or will it just be specilty forums, like the all garter forum or the money oragami forum?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Let's say there's a group of dancers in San Diego/France/anywhere who want to start a local board...they could. Let's say there's a group of members here who like riding Harleys...they could have their own board. Let's say "Anne" wants to start a debate board where members can argue till they're blue...she can. Let's say "Dan" wants to start a board where members can share jokes and funny pictures...he can.

These boards would be kept in a specific area, so they wouldn't interfere with the normal boards, but they could easily be found by those looking for them.

Brittany -> Consider it an SW group.

Ami -> We haven't worked out the details, but we have considered offering the option of having private and public groups. If we implement this option, it would be up to the owners.
    We all imagine ourselves the agents of our destiny, capable of determining our own fate. But have we truly any choice in when we rise, or when we fall, or does a force larger than ourselves bid us our direction. Is it evolution that takes us by the hand, does Science point our way, or is it God who intervenes keeping us safe.

So much struggle for meaning, for purpose. And in the end, we find it only in each other. Our shared experience of the fantastic. And the mundane. The simple human need to find a kindred, to connect. And to know in our hearts... that we are not alone.
    Heroes

Thanks

that sounds neat

how about an safer sex/sti forum? you can never have too much info on that, mabe even mix it with general womens health....

someone who knows how to sew should have a how to make stripper clohes forum

:o oh or an all jokes forum....

...hehehe... email me to ask me where i am ! (i dare you!)
    Thanks

A forum for Southern Hemisphere Strippers !

We aren't that many in number however we do exist.

enter: E3167322D9 for your 10% discount

Thanks

Um, I would happily run a rant forum
    Seriously, this sounds intriguing, but other than the rants.....I'll have to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by pheno View Post
    When you lead a nontraditional life don't try to measure it with traditional milestones.

Thanks

Actually the more I think about it, the more I like the rants idea. We need our venting space, and this could keep it out of the way of the rest of the boards. People who want to rant can do so without bothering those who don't want to see it. Those who just need/like to bitch can do it there, those who like to watch the bitching would always know where to look, and those who'd rather not have to wade through it don't have to. I'd just have a rule to avoid making it personal. "Got a rant about the night at work? Feeling frustrated and need to blow off steam? Do it here!" I'm on here practically everyday anyway, so might as well do something constructive...

Quote Originally Posted by pheno View Post
    When you lead a nontraditional life don't try to measure it with traditional milestones.

God/dess
    Thanks

yea i like the rant idea too... and womens health, very important.

I also like idea of having group sections, because SW is turning into, well i don't know what.... to much bs being posted all over the board.... and then that way threads like "dick pics" can have there own group.

Seraya.

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seraya (london) link=board=1;threadid=7917;start=msg91501#msg91501 date=1080994039
    and then that way threads like "dick pics" can have there own group.

Seraya.
    Good idea and a Caribbean section may be a good idea

Thanks

I would really like to do the womens health/sti info/safer sex forum. I have been wanting to go into the alternative medicine feild, perhaps become a midwife, and running a womens health forum would be a great start.

God/dess
    Thanks

I'd really like to have a Texas forum. There's a ton of members here and I think it'd be really great to have a regional forum for the state.

Thanks

I have been making costumes and clothing for a lot of years. I would like an area where we could exchange ideas (not sell). I would even give stuff away. The business needs new ideas.... If I see another cop, maid or nurse, I'm going to jump off a bridge

Dean
    "I was in the tanning bed and I sneezed and banged my head on the lid " JN

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by S4L link=board=1;threadid=7917;start=msg91592#msg91592 date=1081013141
    I have been making costumes and clothing for a lot of years. I would like an area where we could exchange ideas (not sell). I would even give stuff away. The business needs new ideas.... If I see another cop, maid or nurse, I'm going to jump off a bridge

Dean
    LOL S4L. I think you have a great idea there for a forum. I do agree, costumes need more ideas nowadays. Too much gets overdone, it becomes boring.

I'm also in total agreement with B. I would love a specific forum for rants only. This way it'd cut down on the BS in the regular forums, and the ones who want to avoid the rants, can just stay out of that forum altogether. Everyone does need to vent once in awhile. It's healing. I vote for that.

Thanks

geographical boards might be a good idea as market, laws, etc vary by location. especially Nationally.
    I wonder if there are enough Canadians around to have a section?
    I know atleast half a dozen who post but I wonder how many lurk?

Nicole

Rants might be fun too ;-)
    As I have matured,I have learned "that one good turn....usually gets most of the blankets",-)

Thanks

here here! I like that Idea nicole - as a fellow canuck - I too love the rant section idea.
    LIVE LONG & PROSPER!
    Leigh Landon

Never explain yourself to anyone, because the person who likes you doesn't need it and the person that dislikes you won't believe it.

Thanks

I'd like to see a forum for male strippers - but I think I am in the minority for that.
    Chad Weston
    Male Stripper / Dancer / Entertainer

Thanks

i'd like to see male strippers too....
    oh wait you meant forum....
    oh well....

Thanks

I like the rants section. lol Theres a fitness board I belong to and they have a "Flame board" (not to flame the people but basically its no holds barred)
    One of the topics was "I hate stereotypes" and such...
    Its a cool way to blow off steam and not shove it in every thread.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,481 Times in 2,767 Posts

The regional and rant forums are good ideas, as is the notion of smaller and more intimate groups for certain occasions. It's hard to believe there are now over 5,000 members! I remember when 500 sounded like a lot. It's great to see Stripperweb such a success, but I don't feel like I know everyone like I used to.

I would gladly be a part of a techno/industrial music or DJ forum, but I doubt there would be much demand for it.
    You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Free your mind, and your ass will follow.
    George Clinton

Thanks

I like the rant idea...especially about postings not being personal (since all text is taken literally anyway)

I also like the costume post...mostly because I design them, too. It's great to have customer feedback.

Thanks

I wouldn't mind doing a ct sc forum...Much like B I seem to have a buttload of freetime on my hands so I could happily run it. Or even a forum that runs from NJ to Maine lol

Thanks

i think it's a cool idea... i agree with miss george on the metro area board... i'm from nj...

xoxo
    heidi
    ....i did not design this game...i did not name the stakes...i just happen to like apples...and i am not afraid of snakes... -Ani Difranco

Thanks

As a sociology major, I would happily take on anything related.. i.e., relationship issues, domestic violence, drug/alcohol, etc, etc.

Thanks

I started a topic in the test area for retired dancers. I thought it might be nice to have a place for fomer dancers to hang out since I noticed there are a few of us around here on SW.

I also like Bridgettes "rant" board. If I may suggest a name idea for it that just popped in my head ~ SoapBox Section

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast