Thread: calling all houston and texas dancers

God/dess
    Thanks

Default calling all houston and texas dancers

i'm going nuts here. i've been recently trying to get hired at topless clubs and they've all said the same things over and over. 'it's slow, come back in a couple weeks' (most positive) or 'we're not hiring', even if they said they were over the phone. i've gone to the men's club, the colorado, babe's, caligula, treasures, michael's, and centerfolds. i'm attaching a face shot so you know what i look like. (the upload folder of the gallery has some others also, i just didn't quite read all the way through before uploading and labelled them wrong.) the clothed upload folder ones show what i was typically wearing, and the face one in this post shows my makeup.

how do i get these managers to let me work topless? the men's club was full of the same kind of girls lookswise as babe's, oddly enough, at least when i went there today. several of these clubs i've hit multiple times in the same month. i went to the colorado three times in a single week at one point. i'm just lost. i'm sorry, i don't want to be pawed just to do a private dance, i don't want to worry about extras pressures, i just want to dance naked. is there anywhere i can go in houston, or even dallas/austin region and have a prayer of doing no more than medium contact dancing and still make money? i don't mind working nude, but the customers at topless places seem a lot more comfortable with me. sorry to rant, i just want to try topless and it seems to be a very uphill battle.

God/dess
    Thanks

Default Re:calling all houston and texas dancers

also, i forgot to mention that i currently have no vehicle, so i'm stuck focusing on galleria/richmond area clubs, and i'm five feet tall, if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Holy crap, I've danced in the Dallas area for twelve years and I have never heard a club say they weren't hiring, even if business was slow. EVER. Especially to someone who looks like you! No, I take that back. My unattractive, overweight former sister-in-law went to The Lodge in Dallas and they turned her down. But she was NOT dancer material. Every place I have ever worked has asked me to start that night, right then, "Do you have your dance bag with you?"

You might try Dallas. . .
    ~Kisses,
    Heaven

God/dess
    Phoenix is home, work in Upper Midwest Boonies
    Thanks

Let me tell you Miabella, Michaels aka TGSOE is all about sex. That is why the guys call it The Greatest Show on Earth. Extras pressures are a way of life in Houston no matter how upscale a club.Go to www.aspd.net, click forums and scroll down the page to Houston, and then hit Houston Strip clubs and read all the posts. That is your reality.

Plus being black and being in a metro area with a HUGE black population is a problem too.They only want so many of us working. You may have to be forceful with some of the club managers. White dancers who look decent don't face the rejection we do. The managers see your color first. We are not seen as pretty to most of these guys. A white friend who is in good with a manager is a plus.

When you first mentioned wanting to work in Houston as a newbie I was hesitant because I just didn't feel it is the best environment to learn in.

You don't have transportation , right? because I would recommend clubs outside that Galleria area as a better chance of getting hired.

Houston Dolls is open again, they would hire you. St James is a good shot. Ritz is promising. Glamour Girls, Splendor, Cover Girls, Gigis, Mirage, Leggs, Playmates. Two of these would hire you, I bet on it.

Overall, out of all the Texas cities El Paso is probably better, at clubs like Foxys, Tequila Sunrise or Jaguars. Stage and table to table dancing.

Also I think the Dancer Wealth Seminar would help you a lot especially if you write all your questions and problems down and make sure to get them answered.

There are better places for you to dance than in Texas where sex ain't happenin'. Some of them you will still have to be persistent to get hired but can make stage tips and work the floor selling dances. Tucson and Albuquerque would be good for you. Not what you want to hear, but Houston clubs have no momentum. the go go flavor is gone and if you don't find 2 guys a night to spend $100+ on you, most likely you will make nothing.

Dallas clubs have lots of bust pressure, San Antonio is iffy with the new laws and Austin is swarming with girls and business has dropped. The other towns in Texas needless for me to say are redneck. Towns like Amarillo do have black dancers but I'd stay the hell out of those Texas twang places.

You need to be in a club with not many dancers, where you get to go on stage 5-6 times a night, and where you can go table to table and get dances without extreme competition or sex going on in the club. The cities I mentioned would work for you in that sense.

God/dess
    Thanks

the clubs you've listed i'm going into early next week. it's quite absurd in a way because everyone except the managers in those galleria area clubs (staff and customers) often thinks i dance there already or should be, and i just haven't figured out how to communicate that to managers without sounding rude.

i picked the nude club i'm at because it didn't appear to have all that many black girls, but it still has three times more girls than the customers can support nights, so it's just depressing. a lot of the girls make their nightly money selling drugs, which is just...argh.

probably at the end of summer i'll start trying other states. i will probably try dallas despite the risk in a week or so simply because it's the only nearby city where i can stay with friends and thus try to work there without hotel and flight/rental expense.

i'll try to think extra positive this week working, and hope that at least a couple of the larger or better known places lets me work next week. thanks for posting, i'm just trying to find somewhere to work that will let me get used to hustling and turning rejections over without having to worry so much about pushing my personal boundaries to sell that dance or VIP. i may luck out even in houston. i guess i'll keep going a few more weeks and see how things pan out.

Thanks

you're a pretty girl... but the clubs you mentioned aren't medium contact (xcept men's club) and you would dread working there even if you were hired. i recommend the ritz on I-45S. i was there a couple of weeks ago and i saw 2-3 black girls there...

Rebuildme

Have you tried The Men's Club? Ignore the crap holes.

Thanks

My recommendation is to change your look a little, you have great skin and features and a pretty smile. These tips may get you over that hump.

*Whiten your teeth.. I use a tray system from the local drug store that costs $10..... I never fail to get tons of compliments on my smile, plus it looks natural not overdone.

*Have your eyebrows done by a professional and then go and have your makeup done at a nice department store like Saks or Neiman Marcus or even Macy's (is there a Sephora in your area? --It's my 1st choice 'cause it's no pressure to buy). A good mascara and more compatible colors will really make your eyes pop out.

* GO for a hairstyle that exposes more of your face, and perhaps hugs your head a little......

At the very least you can fool the mngmt into thinking you are a totally different girl and that may get you in! Whatever you do Good Luck!

Sexy, Swarovski Stripper jewelry, OOAK, and DIY clothing

"Acceptance is right. Kindness is right. Love is right. I pray, right now, that we're moving into a kinder time when prejudice is overcome by understanding; when narrow-mindedness, and narrow-minded bigotry is overwhelmed by open-hearted empathy; when the pain of judgmentalism is replaced by the purity of love"
    Janet Jackson

Thanks

ALso I just looked over your other pics. Is that the outfit that you wear out for auditions? IF it is I'd recommend showing a little more skin...not neccesarily going the hoochie route, but I'd maximize all of my assets. For me it's legs, ta-ta's and smile so I make sure that the eye is drawn straight up and down, without any break-up.

YOu seem to be petite in your pics?? IF so I'd play that fact up...

"Acceptance is right. Kindness is right. Love is right. I pray, right now, that we're moving into a kinder time when prejudice is overcome by understanding; when narrow-mindedness, and narrow-minded bigotry is overwhelmed by open-hearted empathy; when the pain of judgmentalism is replaced by the purity of love"
    Janet Jackson

God/dess
    Thanks

thanks for posting. i never did get around to taking care of the eyebrows, but i have noticed it makes a huge difference in sophistication of look with other girls. so i should probably stop putting it off. i'm going in monday and tuesday for another round of the clubs, and i'll give what you suggested a try. having a brighter smile and more polished brows can't hurt.

Thanks

Great advice Nina

I want to add that the Galleria has a MAC store. Miabella, if you can afford it I suggest scheduling an appointment for a make up lesson.
    My new love...is me !

Even the greatest authority does not, ultimately, know you as you know yourself.
    Jhuka

When someone shows you who they are, believe them.
    Maya Angelou

Thanks
    Thanked 5,479 Times in 2,040 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

Try curls instead of a straight look. That would be hot on you because you look sweet and earnest. Work a defined Black liquid eyeliner and layer one soft reflective shadow like pink over the same color liner. I got that trick from Sephora. Ask them how to do it. Also use gloss so you look like kissable girl not serious office girl. Go get 'em! Oh and get some rhinestone or crystal jewelry. Bling bling on the cheap, baby. Look like a winner and a successful player, then they'll want what you've got.

Thanks

And wear some sexy shoes like this:
    http://www.snaz75.com/el-spike.html

"Have you ever been to American wedding? Where is the vodka, where's marinated herring?" - GB
    "And do the cats give a shit? No, they do not. Why? Because they're cats."-from The Onion

Quote Originally Posted by Mia M
    If a cupcake was tossed at me... well, I'd only be upset if it missed my mouth

Thanks

Hey Miabella,
    I'm not a dancer (just a customer), so I apologize if I'm stepping out of bounds... I couldn't help but respond to this.

I noticed you didn't mention it, but have you tried Rick's? I always see a good mix of girls there, more than at the other clubs I've been to (all of the ones you mentioned). I honestly can't say what the "extras" pressure is like (your colleagues here could give you a more educated insight). It's mostly rock-oriented (alternative, metal, techno/house; classic is more day-shift), but there's top-40 hiphop and r&b up to 30% of the time. Try a Thursday, Friday or Saturday to see if you like the club. I can't believe they would tell you they're not hiring! You're a pretty girl! Also, there's XTC on Beverly Hills Street (it's owned by Rick's) and a relatively new one on Richmond (southside of street)near Fountain View (geez, I can't remember the name!). I haven't been to either yet, but check out those options. They're both all-nude. Anyway, looks like you've received some really good advice from the other ladies.

Good luck to you! If I recognize you at Rick's I'll say hello. You'll have at least one friend out there!

G
    Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm SILENCED!... listen here... You insult me in my home, when you were never invited!

Thanks

I used to work at Rick's Galleria, it was ok. Honestly though, if Caligula won't hire you, then I doubt that Rick's will either.

To be honest, I think that race is a major factor in why you aren't getting hired, unfortunately. You have to really put together a stunning, sexy look and WOW them!

Also, I know there is at least one racist day manager @ Caligula, but they might be more open for night hiring.....

"Have you ever been to American wedding? Where is the vodka, where's marinated herring?" - GB
    "And do the cats give a shit? No, they do not. Why? Because they're cats."-from The Onion

Thanks

Hola Miabella--

HOw did this weekend go? I wanna see your new look!

Janet Jackson

Thanks

Hi Miabella, just another Houston Customer wishing you good luck. Lots of good advice here. I hope things go good.

God/dess
    Thanks

i have run into some snags getting around town. i really hate to have to wait, i was so sure i could get everything done this weekend and hit the clubs, but i haven't been able to get a ride except to work at my current club. and the rest of the week i have no ride and will be taking extremely expensive cabs directly in to work.

so the moral of the story is that you guys have been TOTALLY helpful, and i can for sure make it to the malls early next week. the stuff mentioned was like missing puzzle pieces and if the houston clubs have stopped hiring first week of june, i should still be able to afford to roadtrip to dallas and austin midmonth and take my chances there with an improved look. i just got sideswiped by bad timing and being stuck at a club with too few customers.

i'm just going nuts because so many girls have been hired at other clubs (they're all ready to hire for summer, augh!) and i just can't get to them all until next week at the earliest. but sometime in june, some topless club with decent earning potential will be hiring, and since i am at least making money consistently, i can have enough saved in the next couple weeks to see if dallas and austin might not work out a little bit better if that's what i have to do. and also save for a car.

but on the plus side, i'm doing a lot better at approaching more customers and i'm more comfortable on stage, which is starting to actually represent a decent sum of money nightly. i just don't have the 'sit with a guy for two hours' mentality that a lot of girls have. i just get a dance here, two there, and it adds up ok, but there's simply half or 1/3 the guys as at topless places.

anyway, sorry to ramble, i'm just really ready to try a different club environment and wish i didn't have little delays cropping up now that i'm all fired up about dancing and consistently bringing in money even on 12-customer nights.

Thanks

Tell me again...where are you working?

The clubs don't "hire for summer", they are always hiring new girls because that's what the customers want. Good luck with getting and ride n such.....

God/dess
    Thanks

presently i'm at legends, across from centerfolds. you're probably right about the hiring deal, it is likely manager randomness and whim, as ever.

i wouldn't mind working there if the new management would maybe not kill all customer incentives to buy dances. at least going in as a guest, topless places here seem to be a little better about that because they do have the alcohol sales.

but some frat boys came through tonight and showered me with money, and will be returning later this week, so perhaps staying in one place will work out, haha.