Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SAD SAD SAD!! kitty death...

Thanks

Default SAD SAD SAD!! kitty death...

What a hectic week I've had, and I need to blow off some STEAM!

Last Wednesday I went to the dreaded "Jury duty" and to my horror, was selected to serve on a jury!!! Krap, this means the trial ran thru, August 3rd. MY BIRTHDAY!! *waaaah* :'( the trial sucked, and we deliberated for about 6 hrs.

Okay fast forward to yesterday, (my b-day)

after finishing the greuling task of "my civic duty" I was amped and ready to go have fun on my b-day. My hubby picks me up from the courthouse at around 1pm, and we head off to baskin-robbins to pick up my cake. Little did I know that at home, our 5mo. old kitten was getting into some SERIOUS trouble!

We walk thru the front door, and the poor kitten is there, HANGING by it's little (dead) neck from the pull-cord on the mini-blinds. :'(

I FREAKED out :: and started running around the house, trying to find sicssors to cut to poor cat down, not even knowing he was dead yet (looked like his feet were touching the ground, and his eyes were, of course, wide open) as soon as we cut him down, we realized, of course, that it was too late and that his poor neck was most likely broken because his little head flopped about in such a gruesome manner.

*sigh* well, it'll definately be a birthday to remember.

One of the sad parts, is that it was one of the kitties I had gotten FOR my birthday, the night before. :'(

Thanks 4 listening. And if your religous, his name's "Indy" give 'im a prayer...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Mellow

Default Re:SAD SAD SAD!! kitty death...

PBCF damn thats awful :o We have two cats and love em.

FBR
    Once again I have embraced my addiction and have put off the moral dilemma to another day.

Thanks

Awww Dahling.. I'm so sorry. That is incredibly sad, and especially on your birthday.

It's a very sad reminder for everyone though, please tie your cords up, so that your pets and children will not be curious to play with them. I cut mine very short, and then tie them off, in every single room.

Again, my sympathies, PBCF
    ~Much Love & Many Hugs~
    Rhi

Thanks

Thanks guys. Your condolences mean a lot. Rhi~ you're right, and what's funny, is that before I left the house that day, I even saw the kitty playing with the cord, and thought to myself: that's dangerous, I've heard of kids getting strangled with those things. I wonder if it could happen to a cat? Maybe I should fix that when I get home.

Then I rushed out the door. I know that I can't blame myself for something like that happening, but I still wish I'd fixed it BEFORE I left for court.

Thanks again.

Thanks

Awww...Im sorry

Bad things just seem to happen in streaks sometimes...things will turn around soon.

Feel better...

My Thoughts go out to you and the little kitty

Thanks

I'm soooo sorry, sweetie!!!
    Like the car, I'm exotic, erotic, and expensive....

Thanks

thank you. ALL of you! Sometimes I'm really glad to be part of a "group" such as this. I can always depend on "the kindness of strangers" here. Love you all.

~pbcf

Thanks

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry hun. Thats terrible news.
    Hope you feel better soon

Thanks

PBCF... awww hun I am so sorry that is horrible.

Thanks

OH BABY CAKES!!! I didn't expect this from your pm to me! I am so sorry to hear that! I hope your okay...that can be a bit traumatizing :cry:

I'm saying my prayers for little Indy right now

I hope you feel better and things get a little brighter for you sweetie. I say go out and pamper yourself......you've had a pretty rough week.

You know where to go if you need to talk

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Thanks

That's awful.. poor thing... I 'm so sorry... and I hope that you are feeling better..

My condolences and I have said a prayer for Indy and for you.

[/URL]
    [/URL]

Thanks

OMG.That is awful.I will definately say a prayer for little Indy.I am so sorry for your loss.I hope you can get another kitty soon!You can come to us anytime you need to.OTB
    One of woman's cardinal rule: Body parts can be fake,everything else has to be real.

一个女人的枢机规则:肢体可以伪造,一切必须真实.

中国大CHINESE BIG BOOBS!!!中国大

Thanks

I know the feeling. About ten months ago, my best buddy Duke died of kidney failure. It's still a morass of emotion, thinking about him. I don't think i have ever been loved that much, with one exception.

He was a SMART dog, too. You'd say to him "Go get your rope." And he'd go get his knotted rope toy. All his toys had names and i'll be damned if he didn't know them all. He wasn't exactly lassie, he could be a BRAT (capitol B) when he wanted, but damn did he and I get along.

It sucks when a best-canine-friend dies before old age. Old age i can understand, but for him to be taken from me as a 5 year old?

Duke was a Border collie (25%), German Shepard(25%), Chow (50%) so he was smart as all get out and AGRESSIVE with people he didn't know. even with people he did know if they didn't follow the proper (to him) procedures. I.E. come in through the front door, let in by someone he trusted who was already inside or be led in by me (He loved people but was so terribly territorial that it at times got bothersome).

One hell of a watchdog. Makes me hope there is a heaven.

Thanks

oh my God!!!!!!!!! i am so sorry i just went and told my husband (as i was crying) about indy and we just went around to all of the blinds cords and tied them. we have a kitty and a 7 month old maltese puppy (princess lily) i am so sorry and i will pray for little indy...u will see him again one day though!
    "And when your'e crawling over broken glass to get to me, thats when I'll let you stay." -me

Thanks

:'( Sorry to hear about your kitty!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Madcap link=board=1;threadid=11725;start=msg149633#msg149 633 date=1091684530
    I know the feeling. About ten months ago, my best buddy Duke died of kidney failure. It's still a morass of emotion, thinking about him. I don't think i have ever been loved that much, with one exception.

He was a SMART dog, too. You'd say to him "Go get your rope." And he'd go get his knotted rope toy. All his toys had names and i'll be damned if he didn't know them all. He wasn't exactly lassie, he could be a BRAT (capitol B) when he wanted, but damn did he and I get along.

It sucks when a best-canine-friend dies before old age. Old age i can understand, but for him to be taken from me as a 5 year old?

Duke was a Border collie (25%), German Shepard(25%), Chow (50%) so he was smart as all get out and AGRESSIVE with people he didn't know. even with people he did know if they didn't follow the proper (to him) procedures. I.E. come in through the front door, let in by someone he trusted who was already inside or be led in by me (He loved people but was so terribly territorial that it at times got bothersome).

One hell of a watchdog. Makes me hope there is a heaven.
    Wow Madcap,I really feel for you.I'm sorry for your loss.
    One of woman's cardinal rule: Body parts can be fake,everything else has to be real.

一个女人的枢机规则:肢体可以伪造,一切必须真实.

中国大CHINESE BIG BOOBS!!!中国大

Thanks

I'm SO sorry to hear that! That happend to our brand new cat too it was a little one, we left it in the lounge with the door shut when we all woke up in the morning, the cat was hanging up my sisters wollen jumper from the back of a chair, she was drying, it was really weird and really sad.
    I'm here to make money. NOT make friends, if I make a friend then it's a bonus.

I'd rather be absolutely ridiculous that absolutely boring

Quote Originally Posted by mediocrity View Post
    I don't hate men. I hate everyone equally.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandySeattle
    Kelly you're so raunchy, but in a proper way.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda57us View Post
    Dude, it's not her "world" it's her job. It's not some sort of Pavlovian trance that dancers go into when they smell money, it's simply how they make a living.

Thanks

this is shocking & horrible news. omg, im really depressed just reading it!

this is so hard for me to fathom coz i LOVE my cats more than my BF even. anyways, yeah i did experience a pet loss almost 2 years ago. it was the saddest day of my life. i was despondent & depresssed for weeks! i even gained weight from eatin all the comfort food just to pacify my broken heart.

i dunno what to say other than condolences. pet loss is horrific & tragic. i'm REALLY sorry that ur cat died & u had a fucked up day to boot.

*hugz*

... btw, i believe there is a pet heaven. there must be.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,730 Times in 10,186 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

So very sorry to hear about this, PB, & 'Cap. The hardest thing for me was when my dear gurl bun got out & died. The adoption service I got her from offered to watch her mate, & refused to return him. I tried everything to get him back. It so totally broke my heart. Animals do have the purest, unconditional love. I now have my new gurl 3 yrs. I'm very careful about her. So take care. I did go on a greiving website, in-memory-of-pets.com. Lots of good poems & prayers, you can post a tribute too. Luv & Hugs, whirlz
    Characterize people by their actions, & you'll never be fooled by their words.

Thanks

aaaw hon, I'm so sorry - just know the Kitten is now over "the Rainbow Bridge" (http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm) and in the dandelion field now.

as for the blinds cord, PLEASE CUT THE LOOPS OFF ANY CORDS AND REMOVE ALL KNOTS. Just "tucking them up" isn't enough...kittens can pull alot of things down.

Thanks

I'm soo sorry sweetie! I'll give Talullah and Moshi (my orange-tabby furangels) some extra snuggins in lil' Indy's memory.
    I am lazy and I like to party

Thanks

Wow Madcap,I really feel for you.I'm sorry for your loss.
    Well, it sucked. But when a dog that loves to play can no longer play... Maybe it's time. You know? I'm just glad i wasn't forced into making the decision to have him put to sleep. I dunno if i could have lived with myself either way, in that case.

In any case, he was a hell of a dog.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,730 Times in 10,186 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

I know what you mean, 'Cap. I had a boy bunny, Sno-Cap, for 8 yrs. Very old for a bun. He had arthritis very bad, could barely stand or walk. He died in my arms on the way to the vet. I'm glad that I did'nt have to make the decision to "put him down".
    Characterize people by their actions, & you'll never be fooled by their words.

Thanks

As sad as this thread is, remembering my little buddy still makes me smile.

So it's all good. Happy memories and all. Everything dies, everything. Even the sun, too, will die one day. What matters is what one does with the time they have.

Here i go getting all Gandalf and stuff...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by discretedancer link=board=1;threadid=11725;start=msg149801#msg149 801 date=1091718558
    aaaw hon, I'm so sorry - just know the Kitten is now over "the Rainbow Bridge" (http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm) and in the dandelion field now.
    This little site made me cry. I dont know what I would do if I lost any of my dogs... The part of the animal meeting his person again just made me so sad... :'(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast