Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The point of lap dances

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Default The point of lap dances

Man.... I just wrote a whole post and erased it by accident! Grrrr
    Anyways...
    What is your outlook on getting lap dances?

I've come across quite a number of guys (seeing as I've only been in this business a week! LOL) that will say they do not understand the point of getting a lap dance! The best analogy I have heard was this one guy who said, "Well, it would be like me being an Ethiopian and you coming up to me saying... hey... I'll dangle this bowl of rice in front of your face, get it so close you can almost taste it, but then you can't eat any of it after all!" I was literally on the floor laughing after hearing this. He never did end up buying a dance but we had a really good conversation after this... he was a riot! After this though, whenever a guy would say they didn't see the point, I would just "secretly" agree with them and then proceed to tell them this guys analogy. I'd proceed to get them laughing and then after a lil "magic" on my part LOL, they would not only buy one dance, but at least two!!! So much for their theory! LMAO
    So what do you consider "the point" of a LD to be?
    So, what's your outlook on why you do or do not get lap dances? Is there a point to them?

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Default Re: The point of lap dances

Amber, I have my reasons for getting them (even though I have cut back big time because of money), but I will not state on this board why I get them!

God/dess
    Thanks

I know that, generally speaking, I won't get any further than having the opportunity to have some kind of physical contact with the dancer and enjoying her company, chatting and joking around with her. It's really a lot of fun if the dancer's into it and really enjoying herself and it makes me feel quite invigorated, having seen a near naked or naked lady dancing on my lap.

Thanks

well I'll you my personal take on LD's and the general consensus here in san francisco. For me, I love LD's and don't really care as long as I get good light grinds and some TnA play. Its kinda fun being kept arosed for extend periods of time. I really don't get off on LDs because I wear slacks and boxers VS going commando in thin shorts.

Alot a guys are hard-core johns due to the fact that the nude strip club scene here is essentially musical brothels. The main point of an LD is basically a test or to get aquanted with an unfamiliar dancer. If things go well, it goes straight into negotiations for extras.

This provides a slight problem for me as their aren't any decent lap factories in my area where I can get long sets of laps. Usually with a dancer it will be one or two then it will be propostion for VIP(something like "let me give you a blow job" lol) if you decline but still go for laps, quality goes south and they will look around the place alot looking for potential scores.
    whats a PL to do?

Well I have an unusual opinion of the two way full contact style lap dance, I actually find them a turn off and I only got one- that was enough. I stick to air dances now.
    It is not a turn on to me to have a women who will let absolutly ANYONE touch her most intimate body parts. Seems to me that those types of dancers have little to no self respect and that is a huge turn off for me. Again, I know I am in the minority of men to feel this way, however I think the point of a grind, full contact dance is to get the customer to orgasm- eventualy. In my mind it is simply a smokescreen for prostitution and not dancing in the least.

Thanks

It's all about teasing and physical contact for the LD itself. The more complex picture is that LD are a part of the more intriguing "game" of spending time with a pleasent and sexy girl who is available to chat and in few cases to have fun with you. To me the scope is not of the single LD but the time spent with the dancer.... therefore I would nevr buy one single LD from a dancer unless she shows absolute no interest in what she is doing and/or does not make the "game" interesting. If I were looking for the real sexual experience, I would agree with the guy who invented the story of the Ethiopian.... in my case it would be more like the Ethiopian is lucky and uses to eat regularely but still you teas him with the mouthwatering dessert

Thanks
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 696 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

Well my take on LDs has been shaped greatly by the clubs in my area and my early experiences. My first club experience ever was at a high-contact club (around here anyway). I sat on the couch like a deer in headlights (it was just after my 18th birthday) as she enthusiastically ground into my lap. Then she started moaning in my ear in between some very dirty talk. As if I wasn't overwhelmed enough at this point, she then grabbed my hands, and placed them on her breasts...I was stunned, I was breathless, I 'lost control' before the end of the first song! (remember: my first lap dance ever). As I sat there trying to recover, she just laughed and told me to sit there and rest for a while (I think that naughty little vixen enjoyed molesting the shy, naive young 'un I was at the time...aww who am I kidding, I still am!)

A few other clubs with one-way contact during LDs, and then I finally turned 21 and went to the 'upscale' club in the area. Topless only, zero contact of any kind. These dancers were beyond hot, and jaded as I was from my previous high-contact experiences, I would have enjoyed it greatly if it weren't for their attitude. I've been there only twice, and both times the dancers there acted as if being in my presence was a terrible burden. They gave very half-hearted air-dances with an aura of contempt before snatching my money and leaving...so I'm not left with a good feeling about air dances.

So, I have nothing against air dancers or the customers who partake, but I feel like a sucker when I buy an air dance. It's just too much like her saying: "Ha-ha! I'm hot and all you can do is look and eat your heart out, loser!" It somehow taps into my bitterness issues.

I like a light-to-medium contact LD, sensual, hands to myself or on her, it's all good. It's about good tease vs. bad tease. Hot nekkid' girl standing three feet away, bad tease. Hot nekkid' girl sitting in my lap, turning me on and getting me really hot 'n bothered, very good tease!

-lestat1
    Quote Originally Posted by _Avery_ View Post
    omg, why is it so huge?!! lol lol

About the contact... I can understand how full contact can be a turn off for you... kinda like sleeping with someone who's been with a ton of other people.
    !

Amber
    Indeed that is how it appears to me and exactly why it is a turn off. I do ofcourse understand it is a job however, in many ways no differnt than an A list actress doing nude scenes.

I guess for me personaly it is like seeing someone owning a Viper and letting anyone with a couple of dollars drive it, despite what their driving record or ability may be..... if the car were a Pinto I wouldn't care very much but since it is a Viper, I just couldn't stomach it. And well, I see most of you ladies as being Viper quality yet being treated like Pinto's. It just doesn't sit well with me. And knowing of and spending money in and on air dancers and clubs, it is hard for me to fathom why so many dancers choose to work full contact clubs, especialy where the customers touch you- when it is dancer only contact I understand alot better, but I wouldn't even shake hands with many of the guys I see groping dancers they seem so unclean. But if the dancer herself is comfortable with what she is doing, who am I to judge.

Thanks

I must correct you. I have lots of self respect,esteem, and confidence... I'm happy with who I am and what I'm doing... I enjoy my present jobs (teaching figure skating being one of them)and have always had the outlook on life that if you don't truely enjoy what you're doing... you should find something else no matter how much money you're making. Cause if you love what you do, you'll do well. I would only have disrespect for myself if I was stuck in a place I didn't want to be and wasn't happy there.
    I wish we had more dancers in the world with your line of reasoning. I see way too many walking around that club with that "I'd rather be fishing" look on their face. I've always felt there are dancers who got into the business to avoid doing real work, and ones who acknowledge that it IS real work. So thanks for being one of the latter.
    About the contact... I can understand how full contact can be a turn off for you... kinda like sleeping with someone who's been with a ton of other people.
    I think for a lot of us, particularly the older guys who were going to clubs in the days when the nudity and contact rules weren't so liberal, still long for the days when there was something still left to the imagination. With the onset of ever higher and higher contact during laps, "the way we remember it" when we got started, is becoming a thing of the past.

That point taken, I'll take a good one-way contact dance anytime!
    Former SCJ now in rehab.

Thanks

So I can look in her eyes longer!
    Don't make me spank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,834 Times in 2,332 Posts
    My Mood
    Goofy

Note to self: search mapquest for directions to woonsocket....
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrine View Post
    yoda, I want you so bad it aches in the swimsuit area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophia_Starina View Post
    Sophia_Starina is a sensible stripper...Naked all the way.....
    Quote Originally Posted by tempest666 View Post
    Double team! 2 latinas with big tits!!

Arrr! gimme no trouble, girl! Cap'n Trumpet's the name. Now, blow it.
    Thanks

my reasons for getting LD are very basic and primal. i just go for plain carnal fun. i don't go to SC to use my imagination, looking for conversation, or "real" relationships. i only want to use my reptilian brain in a SC. if i wanted to be entertained by dancers on stage or some air dancer 6ft away from me,i would go see Twyla Tharp. or i would take a pile of money, soak it in gasoline and set it on fire. the level of satisfaction is about the same.
    Is it not a problem that the woman have a smaller brain than a man? The government scientist Dr. Yamuka has proved it is size of squirrel. - Borat

Alan Marciano
    : Oh, man...(to himself) Why did I get mixed up with that bitch?
    Lt. Vincent Hanna: Cause she's got a great ass and you got your head all the way up it! - from the movie "Heat".

. if i wanted to be entertained by dancers on stage or some air dancer 6ft away from me,i would go see Twyla Tharp. or i would take a pile of money, soak it in gasoline and set it on fire. the level of satisfaction is about the same.
    Ok I am going to break my rule here for a moment to ask this question:
    Are you saying that in your opinion that seeing Twyla Tharp would give you the same satisifaction as watching money burn? If so, I pity your sense of artisic value. I do hope I am mis-understanding that.....

As for air dances- the ones I buy and are offered are directly in front of me 1 or 2 feet away at most ,not 6 feet away. Very large difference there

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Mike, this is great that we have a public forum here that we can all agree or disagree! But remember what you are dealing with: STRIPCLUBS!! WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT CHURCH GROUPS HERE! The way you put these dancers on a pedestal in your posts is incredible! Face it, guys get dances cuz they wanna get aroused! Plain and simple!

God/dess
    Thanks

I second money on this one. If I wanna meet a nice, religious girl I'll go to church (a major accomplishment in my case). But if I go to a strip club it's to be entertained, teased and aroused.

Mike, this is great that we have a public forum here that we can all agree or disagree! But remember what you are dealing with: STRIPCLUBS!! WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT CHURCH GROUPS HERE! The way you put these dancers on a pedestal in your posts is incredible! Face it, guys get dances cuz they wanna get aroused! Plain and simple!

Yes but arrousal comes in differnt forms, which I have clearly stated I understand. No where did I mention religon. For you my opinion of women, which dancers are, may be putting them on a pedistal but trust me on this they see it as respect- which is exactly what it is and nothing more, nothing less. Respect something I see and read many other customers do not give them. Seems some posters here have issues with me not being willing or wanting to disrespect dancers.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Confucious say: A STRIPPER MUST RESPECT HERSELF, BEFORE SHE CAN GET RESPECT FROM SOMEONE ELSE.

Anyhow, the majority of the dancers (I dont mean the ones that post here or SW), are bad apples. IMHO Why do you think customers expect more from dances now? Because the dancers started being more aggressive, and doing more. That is why guys get dances.

Arrr! gimme no trouble, girl! Cap'n Trumpet's the name. Now, blow it.
    Thanks

And 12 inches is certianly vastly differnt than six feet. I'm just over 6 feet tall, things would be vastly differnt if I were 1 foot tall. It is pretty ignorant in my book to say there is little differnce between 1 and 6 feet.
    well, since my previous answer was obviously too subtle for you. allow me to clarify that statement with a more pedantic response. an air dance 1 or 2 ft away rather than 6ft,may be of considerable difference to you. however,it makes no difference to me because it's still an air dance.
    Is it not a problem that the woman have a smaller brain than a man? The government scientist Dr. Yamuka has proved it is size of squirrel. - Borat

Alan Marciano
    : Oh, man...(to himself) Why did I get mixed up with that bitch?
    Lt. Vincent Hanna: Cause she's got a great ass and you got your head all the way up it! - from the movie "Heat".

Confucious say: A STRIPPER MUST RESPECT HERSELF, BEFORE SHE CAN GET RESPECT FROM SOMEONE ELSE.

Anyhow, the majority of the dancers (I dont mean the ones that post here or SW), are bad apples. IMHO Why do you think customers expect more from dances now? Because the dancers started being more aggressive, and doing more. That is why guys get dances.
    Good point, I guess that is why I personaly choose to spend my money on air dancers because in my opinion the other types are just not respecting themselves and
    allow other to disrespect them as well. I find it sad because many of these ladies are very kind and sweet otherwise.
    This may not be a popular opinion around here but despite what some posters here think I am allowed to have it and express it, just as they are allowed to have and express their thoughts and opinions.

Thanks

I'm not trying to bust your balls and you are certainly entitled to your opinion; but I find it somewhat hypocritcal to differentiate on a moral basis between "air dances" and "contact dances". No matter how you slice it, the point of SC's is to sell sex, irregardless of whether the arousal is due to fantasy or contact, it's still basically the same thing.

the point of SC's is to sell sex, irregardless of whether the arousal is due to fantasy or contact, it's still basically the same thing.
    You as well are entitles to have and express your point of view, that is what a forum like this is supposed to be about.
    However,
    I disagree- the point of a S.C is to sell entertianment. To some sex is entertianment, I agree with that, but not everyone on planet earth feels that way, but thats splitting hairs I guess. It is not a moral issue. I don't see a person who is disrespecting themselves as immorral.
    "Oh but that is a moral judgement" is a phrase used all too often by those who are unable to accept anothers difference of opinion. Not once have I written that I feel contact is moraly wrong, just that dancers who chose to do so appear to ME to be lacking self respect. That is an opinion, I am not nor have I ever claimed it to be anything else.

Thanks

Well I have an unusual opinion of the two way full contact style lap dance, I actually find them a turn off and I only got one- that was enough. I stick to air dances now.
    Wow...I never thought I would meet a guy who preferred air dances to full contact dances. While I certainly don't agree with that, it's your money, and you can spend it as you wish.

My viewpoint is completely the opposite. "Normal" full contact lap dances bore me. I'm so jaded that anything less than full two-way contact (and then some) is, in my eyes, a waste of money for ME.
    I'm a simple man, making my way through the universe.

Thanks

ohhhhhhhhhhh......funny thing is you can have a hundred great lap dances but, one bad one can spoil you on the whole thing.

Why I get 'em...?? good question Amber..I know that when I get them it's always a spur of the moment thing..I don't go to the club thinking "tonight I'm getting a dance from so and so..."

Joe
    "I'd rather die when I'm living, than live when I'm dead..."
    Jimmy Buffet

God/dess
    Thanks

Air dancers fill a very important market niche for guys who can't get it up. To each is own for whatever reason.

Thanks

Geez, we are analyzing this topic to death. Let’s cut the s**t. You guys gotta lighten up. :o

Some of you are talking like going to strip clubs is a job. To me it’s still an adventure.

The point of lap dances is that they are fun. [trip]

Whether they are contact or no contact dances as long as they are fun and enjoyable to the buyer, it's money well spent. When they cease to be fun, it’s time to spend your money on something else.
    Like more BEER ! [cheers]
    "when it comes to staying young, a mind-lift beats a face-lift any day" ~ Marty Bucella

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast