Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush Wins!! Kerry Concedes!!

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Default Bush Wins!! Kerry Concedes!!

Woooohooooooooo!!!

4 more years!!!

Thanks

Default Re: Bush Wins!! Kerry Concedes!!

Hell i feel safer already. Kerry did the classy thing and concede when he saw the writing on the wall. Ohio is not this year's Florida.

Thanks

Red. I have a question. Where do you live? Because unless you live in L.A., Chicago, or N.Y.C. terrorists don't care about attacking you.
    ~*~ I must not fear. ~*~
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    ~*~ Only I will remain. ~*~

madmaxine

....Of debt, war, and a dubiously credentialed President. Thank God my ancestors went through worse in their lifetimes, otherwise I'd be sweating. If the Clinton Adminstration shunted off a chance for us to see the worst the Bush clan could do before, I can't hardly wait for the next four. Bring it on.

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe
    Woooohooooooooo!!!

4 more years!!!
    Great. I'm thrilled.
    Great news on the day that your period is late...

Man this sucks.

Because there ain't no tits on the radio

Thanks
    Thanked 5,252 Times in 2,697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe
    Woooohooooooooo!!!

4 more years!!!
    I hope that you will be happy when the Jesus squads close down your local stripclub. GWB sure will be...
    You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Free your mind, and your ass will follow.
    George Clinton

Thanks

I have to say I feel let down by my country. I really thought we were ready for change, and half of us were, but it really seems like there are two different countries in this country and they are divided very distinctively.

BUT, I do take pride in this country and our democracy. I think that in itself is way more important than who won this election. I really hope that Bush really can improve the economy, health care, and foreign affairs. If nothing else, in 4 years the Republicans will probably have Dick Cheney as their presidential nominee, which will help the Democratic party tremendously!

Thanks

This is a sad day..

There WILL be a draft and I WILL move to Canada.

I get to continue to live without health insurance.
    Have more of my rights taken away from me everyday.
    Get fundamentalist christian values shoved down our throats even more.
    Watch the rich get richer.
    Halliburton and the Carlyle Group are so happy they are going to make even more money now.
    One word...ENRON.
    Oil.

WE ARE SO FUCKED.

It is truely a sad day.

What a redneck, piece of shit.

I am so angry and sad right now.
    "And Bill, lamenting how you never see a positive drug story on the news..."Today, a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration and that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and you are the imagination of yourself. Here's Tom with the weather...!"- Bill Hicks, The Greatest Comedian Ever!

Most of the time in N. America, Asia, Europe or Australia
    Thanks

I think Kerry would have been a bad president, and I think that Bush already is one, but I am happy that we have a reasonably clear and definite result, electoral and popular, exeutive and legislative branches. At least if the course on which the country has been set leads to serious problems or real disasters (which may well happen, imo), it will have been on the basis of a democratic process and the preferences of a majority, even if it is not a very large majority, of the voters. I hope for the best, but don't expect it.

Meanwhile, back home on the ranch, Bush/Republican supporters on this particular forum should be somewhat concerned by how many of the people who went their way identified "moral issues" as the most important determinent of their votes (according to exit polls), especially in some of the key swing states. I do not think that the influence of the religious right, moral majority wing within the Rep party is going to be decreasing any time soon.

-Ww
    "At this moment what more need we seek?
    As the Truth eternally reveals itself,
    This very place is the Lotus Land of Purity,
    This very body is the Body of the Buddha."
    - Zazen Wasan

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MisfitBunnie
    WE ARE SO FUCKED.

It is truely a sad day.
    I agree... I can't imagine what the next 4 years are going to be like. Well, I guess I better submit to this god he follows because "you're either with us or against us"

and on another note.. Misfit, where in Ohio do you live?

Veteran Member
    Thanks

you are fucked because you have no insurance?? Kerry would ahve personally gotten you insurance? he said it but it doesnt mean it would have happened. Whatever they promise is something you can only guarantee wont happen.
    Being from the NYC area i feel a lot better with Bush in office. I feel that we are safer against terrorism with him in the white house. I think Kerrys diplomatic approach and military budget cuts would have left us destroyed by terrorists and having only enough funding to fight them off by throwing sticks and stones.
    With him the closest thing we would have to a missle is a slingshot.
    Outside of terrorism I believe in domestic matters Mickey Mouse would do more for us than either of these guys. I wish someone would run for president who had some intelligence and wanted to do things for American people first.

mermaidnz

ok, admitadally i know nothing about american politics, but why the fuck did you guys all want bush to get in, a dumbfuck obsessed with war doesnt sound like a good leader to me.

in saying that, i dont know any of his other policies, im just saying i think hes a tosser,and really didnt think ya all would be so stupid to vote him in again!!

Thanks

I live in Cleveland, Ohio. One of the places in the US hit the hardest with job loss. Some of our city's schools are being forced to shut down because our city is flat broke. We also have lost transportation(buses) for children to get to school....I could go on and on. My city is crumbling...BADLY.

And yet my state, votes for that moron. The county I live in though Kerry won. It was one of the only counties he won in Ohio.

TO PAZZO...

When you have medical problems and have no health insurance it is a big deal.

And you being from NYC, you should definatly not want Bush re-elected. If he wasn't elected president, 9/11 wouldn't have happened. At least that is what I believe.
    "And Bill, lamenting how you never see a positive drug story on the news..."Today, a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration and that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and you are the imagination of yourself. Here's Tom with the weather...!"- Bill Hicks, The Greatest Comedian Ever!

Thanks

Mermaid:

I obviously did not vote for Bush, but I know why a lot of people did.

First seemed to be national security. The felt that Kerry would compromise or military and we would be more susceptible to attack. A lot of people are hesitant about chaning leadership in the middle of a war.

He also gained a lot of support from the rural areas, which have more traditional, church-going values. Bush supports the Religious Right considerably more than Kerry.

then there are the rich people who like hiim because he will let them keep more of their money.

Thanks

Hey misfit! I am originally from the North East Ohio Area too. I am in Toledo now for school but I was thinking of transfering back to Cleveland. But now with Bush I might go to U. of Toronto now.
    ~*~ I must not fear. ~*~
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    ~*~ Only I will remain. ~*~

Thanks

I'm concidering moving to Canada too Tigerlilly. There will be a draft reguardless of what Bush says and I will not go to Iraq and fight for something I do not believe in.

Thanks

Tigerlilly....I understand why you're pessimisstic, and I think if this country were going to be like this foreve, then I'd probably follow you. But I think history shows that no political party has a dynasty on this country. Things inevitably change.

madmaxine

I'm going to stay in the US. I like to antagonize people, so what better place to stay, where the leader of the country is a confirmed chucklehead and the whole world knows it? Four years of good hard material to argue about.......Garry Trudeau and Bill Maher will not hurt for material.....see, not everyone suffers......

Thanks

I live in Cleveland, Ohio. One of the places in the US hit the hardest with job loss. Some of our city's schools are being forced to shut down because our city is flat broke. We also have lost transportation(buses) for children to get to school....I could go on and on. My city is crumbling...BADLY.

And yet my state, votes for that moron. The county I live in though Kerry won. It was one of the only counties he won in Ohio.
    Cleveland here also. At least we can take comfort in the like minded people in our proximity.... Unfortunately, that means relatively nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I'm concidering moving to Canada
    With republican control of the presidency, house & senate, that might not be such a bad idea...

Thanks

I've been to Cleveland. It's been crumbling for 20 years. You want to delude yourself into laying that at the feet of the GOP and GWB? Be my guest. Like Tip O'Neil said, "All politics is local."

As for those of you that want to take your ball and go play somewhere else because the election didn't go your way, that's pretty sad and cowardly. Enjoy your new digs, and be sure to revoke your citizenship for someone who wants it here.
    Idealism is fine, but as it approaches reality, the costs become prohibitive.

William F. Buckley, Jr.

Thanks

nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

feel let down by my country..... yea right, my country makes me ill.

Thanks

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dude. You have NO fucking idea what you are talking about.

Yeah Cleveland has been crumbling for years but in the last 4 years it has gotten BAD...REALLY REALLY BAD. We are closing HALF of our schools because we can't afford to keep them open, we had to lay off hundreds of POLICE OFFICERS who serve and protect our community because we don't have the money to pay them, FIRE FIGHTERS....yeah, they are gone too, WE HAD TO GET RID OF GARBAGE CANS.....GARBAGE CANS!!!! THAT IS HOW POOR MY CITY IS! It can't even afford to keep garbage cans on our streets!!!

Go talk to some of the children of Cleveland about how many of them are born into poverty. We have the most children born into poverty here than in the entire United States and it's getting worse. So don't fucking tell me to grin and bear it because we've been doing it long enough. You don't have a fucking clue, you really don't.

Thanks

How do you become a Canadian citizen?

Jay Zeno

Quote Originally Posted by Emily
    How do you become a Canadian citizen?
    I'll ask my Canadian neighbors for you.

mermaidnz

I'm concidering moving to Canada too Tigerlilly. There will be a draft reguardless of what Bush says and I will not go to Iraq and fight for something I do not believe in.
    wtf? even girls get drafted!!!?? thats bs. id get the hell out too!! lol

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast