Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hair extensions to die for

Thanks

Default Funky Red Hair Extensions hair extensions(GREAT LENGTHS)

For anyone who missed my thread about hair extensions,if anyone is interested in great lengths hair extensions that's in the N.Y. area I have a certification to do g.l. ,And will do it for half the price anywhere else you will find.*and if you're not familiar wth G.L.,The are the finest hair extensions in the world and worth the invesment! The hair is the nicest there is and,It lasts the longest above all extension systems,because of their all natural keratin bonds.The bonds are very durable and last 6 months!. Feel free to pm me! Great lengths extensions helps you to grow your hair faster and more healthier.The condition and the length of my hair has amazed me since I have been wearing extensions,I highly recommend getting this safe extension system above all the other techniques,not because I represent g.l. but because I know from experience with all of the above.My hair would'nt grow past my shoulders till I wore g.l. now it's down the middle of my back!I wish I knew about these extensions when I was in high school,It would've beeen a more exciting time!LOL!Guys check me out wherever I go!I love it!Believe me.For more pictures go to The body buisness section and search under Funky Red Hair Extensions.I also put my own extesions in my own hair myself.
    Last edited by tiamaria; 12-08-2008 at 12:27 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,168 Times in 3,587 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Default Re: hair extensions to die for

Ooooo, TiaMaria how exciting! If I ever decide to get extensions, i'll def. hit you a PM. Thanks for the site girl!!..

Thanks

i love extensions but i have never had the "real ones" lol. i always do my own--glued in! i wish i could come to ny and have you do them tia! im still gonna check on the ? i asked you, about the license. i plan to do the same thing as you are--but in cosmo school they talk so much about doing things without a license, i think even at your home, i have to make sure its legal here in cali to do them without a license. i want to go to clubs and do them for dancers- they have the money to spend and it's a good investment in this business!! i always make more money when i have long hair...

Thanks

Go for it bikinigirl! I had my cosmotology lic. when I took the great lengths coarse.Like I said,you can call and ask them to see if they will certify you while you are still in beauty school!I'm not sure if they do or not.They might say you have to put in your thousand hours first,But then again, They are an exclusive company and might require you to have your a cosmo lic.before you can take their coarse, to keep their reps looking professional!
    Last edited by tiamaria; 12-08-2008 at 12:28 PM.

Thanks

heres you hair pics katina666!

Thanks

I live in MI, and have wanted these for a LOOOONGGG time. Unf, I can't a sinle salon in the area that does them. What's the ballpark cost for something, say, mid-back in a light blonde? Are all their certified folks on their website?

Curious Guest
    Thanks

HEY Tiamarie,

Ive had extensions before.... Hairlocs... but i would love to try Greatlengths... whats your asking price... iw ould like it about bra lenght and two tone let me know either post or send an email to [email protected] thanks...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shwankie
    I live in MI, and have wanted these for a LOOOONGGG time. Unf, I can't a sinle salon in the area that does them. What's the ballpark cost for something, say, mid-back in a light blonde? Are all their certified folks on their website?

Hi there! Only Great lengths certified representatives are listed on their Website~ ~ i would have to see your hair to give you and exact price~It ranges from 800 to 1600 depending on length and volume desired.

Thanks

some new pictures

Thanks

I just got mine done by Tia Maria and I tell you they are great!. I thought the extensions I had before were good but these are an improvement. They are far less bulky than the braid in ones I had and the I was able to get the longer length I was looking for ( They are down to my butt, now). Once I get some pictures I will post them. I also got the funky red streaks, very cool. Tia Maria is so nice and helped me pick out the right hair dye to match the color of the extensions and everything. I love Them! Thanks Tia!
    "If we do not push the limits of our dance, it's not an art, it's just historical re-enactment"

www.rajadance.com

www.myspace.com/rajadance

tampafldancer

tia... i gotta question for you...

Are extensions (great lengths) suppose to tangle like a mo fo?

Thats it.. im taking out my one and a half bundle for volume!

tampafldancer

oh and... if i want human hair curly clip in extensions.. where do i get them?

I really dont want to have to go through perming them. I prefer to buy them already permed..

Any idea's tia??

Thanks

Hia Tampa! How are you sweetie? No, Extensions are NOT suppose to tangle your hair ,Not in the least bit.. Be sure an use great lengths products , They are made to maintenance the extensions.. In Particular the Anti~Tap Water..It is designed to prevent matting and tangling of your extensions..(very important to use) You mix each line to 8 oz. of water,preferrably purified water hon..Also you must comb by the roots to seperate the extensions /bonds and make sure you comb 3 times a day as close to your scalp as imaginably possible... Try this site has a really great extension brush brush,as seen here on this site. ... I also recommend using their shampoo no.3 and their energy conditioner,and also their vital care lotion.Here is a site that sells the NXT products by great Lengths.. Your hair Is matting because you are not either brushing the right way near the scalp, and not using The Anti~Tap water and the other maintenance kit products doll. This site(peterlouis.com) also has instructions on how to keep your extensions looking fresh and new. Well I hope this helps you my Dear ; ) ...*hugs* And Great Lengths sells hair that is curley,They have 5 different sizesof curls,from very loose to very tight sweetie...You can buy the clipon human hair (curley ) extensions from this site.. .

MWAH! Tia

Curious Guest
    Thanks

I live in CT and I would looove to get great lenghts. Problem is I have a relaxer, that I get done every 4-6 weeks .My question to you : Am a canidate for G.L?

tampafldancer

tia, i didnt find the great lengths curly hair extensions on that site? All i saw was the synthetic, which i dont want..

I also asked my hairdresser who put the great lengths in my hair if you could get it curly, and she told me that she would have to perm it first...

Thanks

Monica ~ I'm not sure hon.I have a few people who relax their hair and wear gl , but they dont relax the whole head,just the top of their head(they don't put the relaxer on the extension hair).

Tampa ~heres the anti ~ Tap Water sight. The Hair Comes Already Permed , I have no idea why your hairdresser would tell you that she has to perm it. Maybe you should call another great lengths person? Strange ~

Try the raquel welsh human hair, Its suppose to be very good.
    Last edited by tiamaria; 07-26-2005 at 09:15 PM.

Thanks

Help-
    I am supposed to go in on Wed. to get my current extensions taken out and new ones put in as my hair got matted. I need a trim as well since my ends were damaged from prior coloring. The problem is- my scalp is sensitive, I have noticed bumps from the extensions pulling my scalp, have a few little bald spots and some hair has fallen. I want to get my hair redone on Wed. as it is really short naturally, but if I keep this up I don't want to go bald!!! Other girls have said that they too have bumps but they don't seem to care. What should I do???

Thanks

Hmmmm.... bumps? I never heard of that one.Are you using Great Lengths Hair Extensions?I have been wearing GL for 5 years and never have gotten bumps.

If you are not using GL , I suggest that you switch to them.I am running a special right now on Great Lengths, If youre interested ,let me know!

If you are using GL , Then maybe you might consider taking out your extensions and keeping them out for a little while ,like 1 month, Just to give your scalp a rest.I hope this helped!

As for matting ~Great Lengths products such as their "NXT anti~tap" water is designed for your extensions by preventing them from any tangling that leads to matting.You can find anti~tap water on this sight. or ask your great lengths representative to sell it to you.1. Keep the hair clean. You can wash your hair every day. If not you should wash it at least once or twice a week with warm water. Wash your hair immediately after swimming, spa, exercise, and etc. When dirt and sweat accumulate, hair tangles. Too much leave-in conditioners and other hair care products will create a build up on the hair and will cause it to tangle faster. If the hair feels dry or heavy with build up, wash it with good, salon quality, shampoo & conditioner.

2. When swimming, always wear a cap or keep your hair out of the water to prevent prolong exposure to chlorine or salt water which causes the hair to tangle. I recommend pre-wetting your hair with water then applying some conditioner before swimming. This will keep it from absorbing too much chlorine or salt water. Always wash the hair right away with shampoo and conditioner after swimming in both types of water. When going to the spa, the hair should be brushed out completely and should be wrapped in a cold wet towel. All but the best extension hair (Great Lengths for example) can completely mat up the instant it hits salt water. It can also happen with sweat. so be careful.

3.Make couple of big braids or pony tails when going to sleep, swim, or exercise (please untangle the hair before making the braids). NEVER SLEEP ON WET HAIR it can mat up! Make sure the hair is completely dry before going to bed.

4. Make sure you brush the 2-3 times hair daily and apply some leave-in conditioners so that the hair is soft manageable. Try not to put conditioner on the bonds if you are using any strand-by-strand extensions. With any strand-by-strand extensions it is very important to keep the bonds tangle free and separated. run your fingers between them once or twice a day and brush your roots 2-3 times daily with a natural bristle brush, for very fine hair, or a loop brush, for thicker hair. A good leave-in hair treatment can keep the hair from drying. But remember not to put too much otherwise there will be a build up and make the hair feel too heavy. If the hair feels too dry or heavy with too much hair care products, you should wash the hair.

These following instruction are for the less expensive extension hair.

5. Before washing the hair, spray mixture of conditioner and water and brush the hair from bottom up. You must gradually wet the hair down and brush it gently before you completely wash the hair. If the hair is very dry and a lot of water is added at once, hair will swell up like sponge and tangle! Therefore, it is important to gradually wet the hair and brush it.

6. After wetting the hair, add shampoo and conditioner and brush thoroughly. Be sure to wash and brush the hair in one direction. Rinse the hair completely with water and towel dry. It is best to air dry the hair but you can also blow-dry with low to medium heat.

7. You can also make a leave-in conditioner at home by diluting conditioner (10%) with water (90%). Put in a spray bottle and apply the mixture lightly onto your hair and brush the hair from the end to the top near the scalp.

8. It would be advisable NOT TO TINT, COLOR, PERM OR DO ANY EXTRA CHEMICAL PROCESSES because it has already been treated. Please be extra careful with blonde and other light colored hair. They are more chemically processed than the dark hair.

here are some other ways to take better care of you extensions and ways to prevent from matting.

- Tia

Reviews: 0
    Mood: Cool Re: Hair Extensions??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hair Extension Methods

Strand-by-Strand Extensions

Great Lengths: Great Lengths is based on a gentle principle: modulating. They have created an extremely high-tech method of bonding between the Great Lengths strand and your own hair. This point of attachment is composed of polymer chains whose molecular structure is very similar to that of human hair. It is activated by the Great Lengths applicator and bonds the Great Lengths strand with your own hair in this way. It can, however, be easily removed by an expert. The extensions themselves are very small- invisible to anyone even if they are looking for them. The hair is of the highest quality with silky straight ,a natural body wave, pre~bonded permed in 5 different curls, An ethnic texture is also available. Most important of all: your own hair is not damaged as long as you follow your stylist’s instructions. Daily use of Great Lengths’ own Anti-Tap solution on the bonds will keep them strong. A soft, natural brush bristle needs to be used on the roots 2-3 times daily. Lasts 3-6 months

So.Cap Extensions:Very nice color selection. Wonderful color blends available.

Cinderella Extensions These extensions are similar to the size and application of Great Lengths. The bond is of a different formula and the hair processed differently. Bonds do have a tendency to turn white so this can be a concern on dark hair. You should be able to get these extensions at a lower cost. Cinderella extensions Lasts 3-5 months.

Ultra Strands: . The hair is very smooth and silky. Comes in a body wave and straight.

Euro Locs/ Hair Locs: This top quality human hair is attached using a crimp method to your own hair, allowing it to be a very comfortable hair extension system to wear. NO heat, NO wax, NO polymers or weaving method is used. Hair can be worn for up to 4 months and then it can be re-attached. Being able to reuse the hair can save you money on the second application. You may be able to get a 3rd application if you kept the hair in very good condition.

Mega Extensions (Fusion)
    Mega extensions are also attached to your hair with a strand by
    strand method (they originated it). The bond is a hi-tech adhesive which has a keratin base but can not be made as small and delicate as the Great Lengths. So you have a slightly larger bond. If the bond material is too little it will not hold up. A larger amount of hair can be put in each Mega bond which can work great for people with thick hair. Because of the thicker bonds I don't recommend Megas if you have ultra fine hair. You can purchase any type of hair to use with the Mega adhesive so that can be an advantage for people who have hair that is not match up with the silky hair that the Great Lengths and others come in. Megas work best on average to thick hair.

Ultratress
    Ultratress Extensions are bonded to your hair in strips. Normally 4-5 strips are attached. They work best for thickening up and lengthening hair that is already shoulder length.
    Ultratress extensions work best for people with hair that is too thin and delicate for extensions. They are very comfortable and blend in perfectly with your own hair.

Other Hair Extension Methods

Braided and sewn extensions (weave) - natural hair is braided along the scalp then the hair extension is sewn into the braids. This is a great technique because it allows your own natural hair to rest, thicken, and lengthen. Your own hair is securely braided in very fine cornrows. The extension is then sewn into your braids. Works best with hair that is course and not so well with very fine, silky hair. This style can last 2-5 months or more with proper care.

Bonded Extensions (weave) - natural hair is divided into sections then the hair weave is glued to the scalp. The bonded weave lasts 1 month. There are many different glues that are used for this method. ChrissyV adhesive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by modlgrl8
    Help-
    I am supposed to go in on Wed. to get my current extensions taken out and new ones put in as my hair got matted. I need a trim as well since my ends were damaged from prior coloring. The problem is- my scalp is sensitive, I have noticed bumps from the extensions pulling my scalp, have a few little bald spots and some hair has fallen. I want to get my hair redone on Wed. as it is really short naturally, but if I keep this up I don't want to go bald!!! Other girls have said that they too have bumps but they don't seem to care. What should I do???
    Last edited by tiamaria; 07-26-2005 at 11:33 AM.

Thanks

Here's a list of some basic links for beginners. This is not at all definitive by any means, but should offer some general guidelines for those who are trying to figure out various methods, suppliers.

General Extensions Info.
    Quinnster's site (a great overview):
    The Hair Extensions Forum (a wealth of info):
    Black Hair Media Forum (also a wealth of info, with lots about weaves, lace-fronts, and Indian hair):

Hair and Supplies

Doc Locks (shrinkies, microlinks, heat clamps, hair, and more):
    Hairpiece.com (extendtubes, hair, supplies, and more):
    His and Her (hair, supplies, and a new pretipped section):
    Liquid Gold (bonding for pretipped and wefts):
    Hairaddition (hair, including super-long lengths):
    Glamour Hair (hair, supplies, and more):
    Bliss Hair (untreated Indian hair):
    Afrocare (hair, supplies, and more):
    Ebonyline (hair, including Bohyeme, and more):
    PlastikHaar (high-quality synthetic hair in more colors, textures, and lengths than anyone):
    Dome (high-quality synthetic hair):
    Prostyles/ProHair (high-quality synthetic hair
    **Note: Only available to licensed stylists in U.S.; available for home use in the U.K.):
    Hair21: (Hair and supplies):

Additional Lengths: (Drawing mats):

Treasured Locks (featuring "Take Down" products, helpful in removing extensions/matting/residue):

Demos/Tutorials
    Doc's Shrinkies:
    Doc's Pretipped-Strand Fusion:

Doc's Fusion:

Doc's Microrings:
    Doc's Microrings w/Wefts:

Doc's Curling Synth Hair:

Doc's Straightening Synth Ends:

Kristin's Microring, Pretipping, Braids, and More:
    Rae's Pinchbraids:
    Sherrie's Weft/Glue Method: 076.topic

Various Weaving Techniques: ry_page=%2Fbody_hair_weaving_techniques_.html
    Clip-In Tutorial: p;su b=SUB_004&pro=7
    AMM's Pretipping Technique: 5FAP934431446&id=1181

WeaveItUp's Fusion, Weaving, Braiding, and Cornrows: TID=13401&PN=1
    Inharitance's Weaving:
    Sensationnel's Weaving, Bonding, Crochet, and More:
    Cyberparlor's Lace-Fronts:

Aftercare Guidelines
    Boogiemama’s:
    Rae’s (Click on “Loose” and you will find the link):
    Sensationnel's:

Galleries
    Quinn’s Show-Off Section:
    BoogieMama: Hairpolice:
    Mark Glenn:
    AngelEmma:
    Snarl Hair:

Rae's Hair Alchemy:
    Kelly's Devilish Do's:
    Cyberparlor:

Weaves & Extensions Community Webshots:

Related Resources
    Hairloss Sites
    Heralopecia:
    Keratin:
    Hairsite:

Hairloss Groups
    MSN Hair Habits:
    MSN Wig Support:

Wigs
    Jenny's Hair Sense:
    International Wig:

Other Communities
    Yahoo Hairgroove:
    Hair-Color Disasater Rx
    GoingBlonde.net Boards:

Quinn's Fried-Hair Thread: 1345.topic = 1345.topic

Options for Really Short Hair
    Hair Talk Thread: ... /> forum=AMB_ AP934431446&id=3822

Thanks

I want to get them so bad but I would rather get the clip ins. How good are they and do they stay in and look good

Curious Guest
    Thanks

i just spent 1200 dollars on clamp in hair extensions at jenniffer and co. in mentor. I LOVE them! now my hair is so much longer and prettier. they are hight maintenance at first, but you will get the hang of them! they stay in for 3 months and they are clamped in and not glued. only 5 out of 100 fell out in those 3 months. I cant imagine ever going without them anytime soon! try it out and enjoy!

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: hair extensions to die for

i just spent 1200 dollars on clamp in hair extensions at jenniffer and co. in mentor. I LOVE them! now my hair is so much longer and prettier. they are hight maintenance at first, but you will get the hang of them! they stay in for 3 months and they are clamped in and not glued. only 5 out of 100 fell out in those 3 months. I cant imagine ever going without them anytime soon! try it out and enjoy!

Thanks

i just spent 800 dollars (AUD) on mine last weeks.. its made me feel so much better bout myself and would totaly recomend it for anyone that needs a little boost to make them feel better..

Thanks

they look okay but it looks better when i do it myself . The hiar looks fake. Im not trying to be rude but you made it look like they have a fall or a wig on. Ill just stick with doing it myself or having my girl do it.

Thanks

Hi
    I have been doing extensions for ten years and would like to quickly comment on a few things. ONe is that if your hair looks fake or like a weave You have defeated the purpose . Most people purchase the hair which is from China and has been placed in an Acid bath before adding color, this is to thin it our a bit. They then place silicon over it to give it that shiny look, however, we all know that after a few washed it goes away. Become dry and brittle. Also it is mixed so it is hair from different people, the cuticle is completely damaged. I suggest investing in hair that may only come from two people, if you can afford it then go for virgin hair from one person. I order directly from India and use it for my business. It is beautiful hair and can be used over again (what a concept ) Also stay away from washing your extensions in really hot water, if you love hot showers like I do that is one thing but keep your hair out of the hot water. ALso brush from the ends up and put it in a braid before bed.
    I hope this has helped a bit. I have a studio for Hair Extensions in Baltimore. If you have any questions please let me know and I would love to try and help out. I do fusion and So.Cap. I am a licensed for SO.CAP and have been doing fusion for ten years. I did see TiaMarias comments and she is also on the note about care for your hair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast