Thread: Strip Clubs and Comedy Clubs

Thanks

Default Strip Clubs and Comedy Clubs

I was a comedian on the road for 6 years, been out of it for awhile, now going back full time. Just curious, in your city do you see a lot of interaction between the two industries?

Seems like every city I worked the comedy club owners loved hanging out at strip clubs and the strip club owners loved hanging out at comedy clubs...and needless to say the road comics loved the strip clubs. (I used to DJ so I had a different perspective.)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Default Re: Strip Clubs and Comedy Clubs

DJs here are just dancer name announcements and advertisements for the tip rail and for VIP dances. Boring. zzzzzzz

Why not DJ and do "dirty" jokes between girls?

Wait, that doesn't sound right.
    chances are if he looked at my profile he got an instant boner. Men get horny around me all the time. That is their fault.. not mine.
    Yeah! Right!
    Customers are not entitled to grope, disrespect, or rob strippers. This is their job, not their hobby, and they all need income. Clubs are not just some erotic show for guys to view while drinking.

NOTE: anything I post here, outside of a direct quote, is my opinion only, which I am entitled to. Take it for what you estimate it is worth.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by threlayer
    DJs here are just dancer name announcements and advertisements for the tip rail and for VIP dances. Boring. zzzzzzz

Why not DJ and do "dirty" jokes between girls?

Wait, that doesn't sound right.
    lol -- tried to go back to it, but just couldn't get into that environment again. Was just curious if there's still that odd cross-breeding going on with comics/comedy club owners and dancers/strip club owners seemingly so addicted to one another --- in a lot of towns you just knew that Sunday night was the night all the dancers came out to the show (which we usually dreaded, because you know how the average drunk dancer gets in public. I say THE AVERAGE, I know the ladies who come here are far above the average)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

I'd think a good sexy joke told well in a club would get some good attention. (The joke teller might too.) LOL

Owners crossing over, I wouldn't really know. Like some bar-type place (or a bookie joint or pill parlor--rave dance club).
    chances are if he looked at my profile he got an instant boner. Men get horny around me all the time. That is their fault.. not mine.
    Yeah! Right!
    Customers are not entitled to grope, disrespect, or rob strippers. This is their job, not their hobby, and they all need income. Clubs are not just some erotic show for guys to view while drinking.

NOTE: anything I post here, outside of a direct quote, is my opinion only, which I am entitled to. Take it for what you estimate it is worth.

Thanks

lol Lucky... I'm a newbie dancer so I'm not sure if the cross culture thing is in my area...
    BUT I love comics/comedy clubs & have a fav in particular(See my avatar!)...FL isn't as big for it as NYC, but I can see why the two business types would bond. Similar hours, dealing with some audience members being jerks, both a profession that's off the beaten path & will probably never get the respect it deserves except from it's own.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EvilPixyDust
    lol Lucky... I'm a newbie dancer so I'm not sure if the cross culture thing is in my area...
    BUT I love comics/comedy clubs & have a fav in particular(See my avatar!)...FL isn't as big for it as NYC, but I can see why the two business types would bond. Similar hours, dealing with some audience members being jerks, both a profession that's off the beaten path & will probably never get the respect it deserves except from it's own.
    Ya, i was thinking that too. Plus, we're both performers, both set apart from the "masses" - to a certain degree we (dancers/comics) view the public from a standpoint of "How do we manipulate them for desired effect i.e. how do you make them horny, how do we make them laugh." Both jobs we're trying to figure out how to push their buttons

Also, we're both very defined by our jobs. If you're an insurance salesperson, that doesn't necessarily say much about who you are. But if you're a dancer or a comedian, there's a lot of baggage attached. When people find out they instantly form a certain image of you