Thread: Nike Shocks

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Default Nike Shocks

I just bought a pair of the new nike shocks. A while back a sales girl at another store told me they cause knee problems. Well they didnt sell them there so I took it with a graain of salt. Well about two weeks later my knees have been hurting. I never had any problems before. I have been doing the treadmill longer since I got them because they are awesome. Does anyone know if this happens from these shoes or has anyone had this happen. I paid 120 for these so I hope they arent the problem.

Thanks

Default Re: Nike Shocks

go to a running store, that only sells apperal(spelling) and shoes for running. they will watch you run in different kinds of running shoes (pronating, overpronating, neutral) and find the one best for you.

I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them.

Thanks

I am on my sixth pair of shox running shoes... i love them. I have seen a strong improvement in knee/ankle problems that have plagued me since running x-c and track in h.s. since running with my shox. I don't think the shoes are your problem; it's most likely from harder/longer runs on the treadmill. back off running for a little while and cross train on some other equipment (i.e., eliptical, stairmaster, rowing machine) and see if the problem is alleviated. if not, try switching to your old shoes... if there is still a prob, you may have to see an orthopedist. good luck

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Thanks guys. I talked with a guy last night who had the same ones on as I have, and he came up with a logical reason why they may be hurting my knees, the shoe isnt a really stable shoe like some of the other nikes. You almost feel like you are walking on stilts or something. Well I never had any problems before this. I may just switch back to the tailwinds or my old pair first. Will se if that alleviates it. I hope its not the shox though. Id hate to be out all that money.

Thanks

I bought my first pair of Nike Shox last year after suffering knee damage. Now they are the only "workout" shoes I wear. They are very comfortable but, unless you're use to walking on your heels, they can take a while to get used to. Not every shoe is for every person though and you might do well to switch shoes.
    My new love...is me !

Even the greatest authority does not, ultimately, know you as you know yourself.
    Jhuka

When someone shows you who they are, believe them.
    Maya Angelou