Thread: Bouncing at GF's club...

Thanks

Default Bouncing at GF's club...

My lady has been dancing for about five months now, and the other day she told me her club is interviewing for new bouncers this weekend and wants me to get a job there. I'm interested in hearing some opinions on this and if anyone else has ever bounced at their gf's club, and what issues I might run into. I've never bounced anywhere before, so I have no idea what to expect.

Thanks

Default Re: Bouncing at GF's club...

Though bouncing is one of the few jobs in a strip club that I havent done, you really have to make sure that you're going to be able to handle working where she works, when she works. It'll be your job to keep an eye on all of the girls, and not be biased towards her. Be able to seperate job and home life biig time.
    Number of times Rickrolled on stage: 6

Marasmus ... "Ladies don't fart. They butt-laugh."
    Marasmus says, "Oh no, that wasn't gas, it was merely a rectal chuckle."

Marek says, "A friend of mine got punched in the face by a dominatrix stripper about two weeks ago and I thought of you."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SupportiveBF
    My lady has been dancing for about five months now, and the other day she told me her club is interviewing for new bouncers this weekend and wants me to get a job there. I'm interested in hearing some opinions on this and if anyone else has ever bounced at their gf's club, and what issues I might run into. I've never bounced anywhere before, so I have no idea what to expect.
    I would say dont do it,expect problems.
    Regardless of what anyone tells you,the entertainers money will go down,her regulars will keep at a distance,she will not work at her full potential because you are there.
    Many clubs wont let boyfriends and husbands into the clubs at all because of the problems it causes MOST times,not all,just around 99.99% of the times that i have seen.

Be a door guy at a different club.Working with a loved one in this business is a shit storm waiting to happen.
    Nothing speeds up this industries divorce rate more then couples working together on the same night in the same club.
    Sorry for the harsh opinion,im sure others can tell you of success stories they know of,i just dont know of many that exist.

mermaidnz

yeah, she will act differently knowing you are there, and potentially lose customers.

it might be a nice idea for you to work there, but in the long run...nahh.

you could over do it on a guy who oversteps the mark ( ie touching in wrong places) beat the shit out of him...and get a court case.
    you could lose her money
    you can lose your relationship.

i wouldnt let my man do it. he wanted to barman at my old club no way.

plus the club owners might also think against it.

Thanks

Okay, so not a good idea... lol. I thought it was interesting that she wanted me to bounce there in the first place. Any dancers want to give me some idea of why she wants me there? I come watch her dance a lot, and the managers and bouncers know who I am, so why does she want me bouncing there?

mermaidnz

shes your gf dude, you should know why she wants you there!!

maybe its a turn on for her knowing you are there and she could "get caught" at anytime?! lol

who knows!?

Thanks

Mine was a doorguy/bouncer at a DIFFERENT club and it was no problem. Neither of us would want to be in the same club, he can barely handle knowing what I do as it is. Don't do it!

"Have you ever been to American wedding? Where is the vodka, where's marinated herring?" - GB
    "And do the cats give a shit? No, they do not. Why? Because they're cats."-from The Onion

Quote Originally Posted by Mia M
    If a cupcake was tossed at me... well, I'd only be upset if it missed my mouth

Thanks

I understand the want me there part, but I'm there so much as it is I kind of scratched my head over the wanting me to bounce part. Then I'm there as much if not more than she is. Anyway, I'm getting the feeling that this might not be the best idea ever So what about bouncing in general? Smoke filled environment, hard ass managers, perverted clients, and then of course the dancers... How about some thoughts on good and bad bouncers, what you girls think of them in general, and the ones you tip out and the one you don't.

Thanks

My boyfriend hated doing it. He got paid like $8 an hour, couldn't sit down, only got like a 10% discount on food and almost no breaks. The girls were supposed to tip him out at the end of the night, extra if he walked them to their cars. He always walked them to their cars while they bitched about only making $500, then wouldn't give him a cent!

Its a really crappy job.

"Have you ever been to American wedding? Where is the vodka, where's marinated herring?" - GB
    "And do the cats give a shit? No, they do not. Why? Because they're cats."-from The Onion

madmaxine

Don't do it. I had to get drunk to do my work around a bouncer I dated. Too awkward!

Thanks

So what is the deal with the stories of bouncers who come home with $1500 a weekend? I admit I've only heard this about one guy, a friend of a friend who worked at the Rhino in Vegas, but still, bouncers have to make SOME money, don't they? Otherwise who would put up with the shit they put up with.

Thanks

Ooooh, a bouncer in Vegas is a different story. One day, my group paid over 300 to the bouncer for him to leave everyone alone in a private booth. Vegas is a different breed all together. A good bouncer can BANK there once they know ppl and can extort well........

Thanks

Are you currently employed?

Just curious, because if my boyfriend weren't employed, and I knew they were hiring, I'd try to get him the job just because I wanted him to have one.

And you can make money in a strip club if you help girls make money. Girls will tip you if you tip them off and like Kat said, for leaving you alone. But you have to know who to do this for. Don't look the other way for just any ol' girl because you job is on the line. You also need to know how to hustle like the rest of us. Most don't do this, so there is shit pay and high turnover.

I think the reason bouncers bounce is because they are trying to work their way up to management or because they are trying to get some (or both).

Thanks
    Thanked 5,487 Times in 2,768 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emily
    Just curious, because if my boyfriend weren't employed, and I knew they were hiring, I'd try to get him the job just because I wanted him to have one...

I think the reason bouncers bounce is because they are trying to work their way up to management or because they are trying to get some (or both).
    Right on both counts, as usual, Emily.

I have worked with my girlfriend as a DJ, but only a few nights here and there when she was visiting me in Daytona. It went very well on those occasions, but it is a situation that is laden with potential for disaster--especially if if you are the guy asked to throw out the asshole who just sexually assaulted your girlfriend.

My girlfriend has worked with some incredibly lame DJs here in Detroit, and known that a couple of them were going to get fired, but has never, ever tried to get me work as a DJ in any club she was dancing in. This is much the wiser course of action. The strain on the relationship would be dangerous, though some couples, such as Blade and Deanna, have handled it very well.

Being a bouncer in Vegas a few nights a week might just make it worth the risk of trouble. I would highly advise you try to work different nights, though.
    You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Free your mind, and your ass will follow.
    George Clinton

Thanks

Actually no, not currently employed. I was just going to put in a couple nights on the weekends if that was possible, otherwise full time night work is not conducive to a graduate students academic success. As far as what you were getting at with that question, no, my lady does not support me. G.I. Bill, grants, scholarships, etc, keep my bills paid and then some, although she is responsible for our eating out and vacation time The majority consensus appears to be that this is a bad idea, and there is no minority, but apparently it might be worth it since I'm in Vegas? How many people here are willing to risk their relationship in order to make a little more money? I don't think I am.

Thanks

Go try other clubs. If you are on good terms with management at your GF's club, maybe they'd be willing to "help grease the door" for you at another club. Some of the bigger clubs in Vegas have different names, but are owned/managed by the same parent chain. So, then you'd be tapping into that cash, but not feeling awkward with the GF.

Good luck!!

Thanks

I started out as a bouncer and Deanna was a bartender, when she moved to dancing I moved to djing...In all the years we've been in the industry we have always worked at the same club, usually different shifts...however quite often we did work together and I treated her the same as I treat ALL my girls(cept she didn't have to tip me out), and I kept my marriage to her away from the customers so her money wouldn't lessen. Some of them knew, because they had been regs for years and were older guys who thought it was cool we could work together like that,some found out as they were bashing me to her(how could yer man let you strip, he obviously doesn't respect you..if he was here I'd tell him off)
    My advice to someone just starting out...find a different club, it's less stressful that way because I guarantee one night one of the drunk or sober jerkoffs will piss ya off by disrespecting her somehow and you will have to do everything in yer power not to throttle em.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SupportiveBF
    Actually no, not currently employed. I was just going to put in a couple nights on the weekends if that was possible, otherwise full time night work is not conducive to a graduate students academic success. As far as what you were getting at with that question, no, my lady does not support me. G.I. Bill, grants, scholarships, etc, keep my bills paid and then some, although she is responsible for our eating out and vacation time The majority consensus appears to be that this is a bad idea, and there is no minority, but apparently it might be worth it since I'm in Vegas? How many people here are willing to risk their relationship in order to make a little more money? I don't think I am.
    I wasn't suggesting she was supporting you, but as a dancer who has dated broke guys, it sucks when we have to pay for everything. sometimes we like to be treated too. It makes sense...she wants you to get a job so you can take her out.

I think there's a easy solution to this one. Get a side job, doing anything (even bouncing), just not with her. And take her out someplace nice!

Thanks

I have to give a thanks to Thorn and Blade for taking the time to share all that information with me. I'll definitely have to think this one over a little more.

madmaxine

^^^I don't always agree with Thorn, but I support that. I worked in too many dives with chickensh*t bouncers to want a bouncer to look the other way.

Thanks

regardless what the occupation, working in the same place with a signifigant other can cause even the strongest relatonships to strain.
    Allways shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land amongst the stars.