Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Mexico teen custys learn a rough math lesson...

Thanks
    Thanked 10,566 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cynical

Default Cops actually help out dancers for a change !

of course, this doesn't mean that the club/dancers actually got paid the $1,950 shortfall either !

Thanks

Default Re: Cops actually help out dancers for a change !

It's true, ignorence of the law is no excuse!

My MySpace Page:

When you perform... you are out of yourself--larger and more potent, more beautiful. You are for minutes heroic. This is power. This is glory on earth. And it is yours, nightly.

--Agnes De Mille

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by colleen
    [ignorance] of the law is no excuse!
    This is not ignorance of the law. This is ignorance of the club rules.

Come on, now. An 18 year old, who probably looks 18, will typically have little or no money. So, as a responsible experienced adult dancer, if a kid has run up a $100 tab, should you not question him whether or not he knows that the money owed is $100? Why on earth would you allow a kid to run up a tab in the thousands without questioning whether or not he has the money?

I know some people don't like questioning the actions of others or they want to deny the ultimate consequences, but sometimes, for the good of everybody, you just have to put up with short term pain.

I feel no pain for the dancer.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke
    For rest and relaxation, I command a Panzerarmee Division.

Thanks

I feel no pain for the dancer.
    personally I collect after each dance unless the guy is a regular but for someone to basicaly say that the dancer deserved to get ripped off is going way overboard in my opinion.

it's like saying a woman walking down the street in sexy clothes deserves to get raped

Crissychan

Our club's policy is that they are only responsible for collecting 1 dance at a time for you, so don't do 10 dances with-out getting your money at least every couple dances. Also you can't run drink tabs with out a credit card.

Featured Member
    Thanks

I always let the customer know beforehand... that the dances are charged by every 4 minutes... because alot of them think it is per song in this one club. If they are buying multiple dances, i let them know how many they are up to every so often.
    Ofcourse even if she did this, it is still he said/ she said. =/

Thanks

deserves to be stared at by those construction workers, by Joe Sixpack, and ME!
    LMAO !

Now that is more like it

Thanks

I get my $ upfront it's just common sense. I mean after dance number oh 12 would you not say something about getting paid? Really.

Spicy

Thanks

I can't be convinced those boys actually thought they could sit in vip for that long or the price of one dance. They would have to know you don't get unlimited time for $30

If you read the actual police statement, it says the manager asked a few times during the dances if they wanted to settle up and the one guy claimed "not to worry we've got money and will take care of it". That guy is the one who paid the $550. The other guy didn't pay a dime and didn't start claiming he thought it was "one continuous dance" until he was getting cuffed and stuffed.

The club definitely should've at least got a cc authorization or had the guys settle up after a few songs rather than let them run up that much of a tab all at once. This should be done no matter what the guys look like but in this case, the guys would have looked really young so somebody should have been particularly careful not to let them run up such a huge tab before collecting. Somebody was just being greedy and trying to milk as much as they could, taking the risk the boys wouldn't have the money at the end. Not smart.

However, the one guy apparently didn't have any money and the other could only pay $50 cash. They both KNEW they didn't have the cash to pay for even ONE $30 vip dance for both of them. The one boy could only get $500 on his cc, and he knew approximately what his limit was. The were in the vip room acting like high rollers (you know they were), they HAD to know that costs $$$. 41 dances at 3 minutes each takes just over 2 hours. They HAD to know they weren't getting over 2 hours of vip dance for $30 each This tells me they possibly PLANNED to scam for free dances ahead of time.

I don't feel sorry for the guys in this case. They knew the cost would be more than $60 and they didn't even have $60 cash between them

I'm glad they got arrested because it might serve as an example to other assholes who like to run out on their dance tab.

Quote Originally Posted by pheno View Post
    When you lead a nontraditional life don't try to measure it with traditional milestones.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgette
    The were in the vip room acting like high rollers (you know they were), they HAD to know that costs $$$. 41 dances at 3 minutes each takes just over 2 hours. They HAD to know they weren't getting over 2 hours of vip dance for $30 each This tells me they possibly PLANNED to scam for free dances ahead of time.

I'm glad they got arrested because it might serve as an example to other assholes who like to run out on their dance tab.

I agree. I think they planned on scamming. In fact I think that pretty much every guy that "can't pay up" plans ahead to steal dances. There are probably a few exceptions, but I think they are few and far between.

I am also glad they got arrested for the exact same reasons Bridgette mentioned
    Last edited by VenusGoddess; 09-05-2005 at 07:02 AM.

Thanks

It's more or less unheard of around here (at least, *I've* never come across it) to charge upfront... nobody would pay that way because we have more incidents of strippers ripping off customers than vice-versa.

Thanks

they probably didn't understand how expensive it was really going to be. I mean if this was their first time in a strip club and they had $550 they probably thought that was going to be enough. I went to school with a girl who was a cocktail waitress at a club and she encountered a lot of people who got their bill for drinks and would freak out because they had no idea how much it would be.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melonie

of course, this doesn't mean that the club/dancers actually got paid the $1,950 shortfall either !

That is SO awesome.

I got to agree with some of the others, that dancer had to have at the very least suspected they didn't have the cash to back up the dances.

I mean seriously, 41 songs?! I would stop at around 5 and make sure they understood what they were getting into, especially if they were that young.

Thanks

What douchebag actually gets 41 lap dances in a row? I did twelve in a row once and was sore for two weeks.

But at least I paid for mine!

Intentional or not, those two ought to be personal slaves for those dancers until their tab is paid off. How does "house boy" sound?
    Former SCJ now in rehab.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spicy
    I get my $ upfront it's just common sense. I mean after dance number oh 12 would you not say something about getting paid? Really.
    Or rack up a bunch of dances and then sue them for it - having their wages/income garnished by the court (or hoping mom and dad come up with the bucks.) The police report is going to help a lot there.

I am the cynical type though.

Just like I think those guys knew what they were doing all along.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,566 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cynical

On another issue, I'm a bit disappointed TSG found it necessary to redact the complaint forms for the defendants' SSNs, but not the complainants' last names. Doesn't encourage others to file charges when they're ripped off.
    Yeah agreed. Actually, if the guys plead innocent and take the case to court, the dancer's real names and personal info will get spread around the local media for sure. Also, from a legal standpoint, the fact that the dancers kept dancing and that the club management allowed the dances to continue without demanding payment for 2 hours actually SUPPORTS the defendents' claim that the club did not clearly define the scope of the 'services' the boys were purchasing. Even though everybody at SW knows that standard industry practice equals $20 for four minutes worth of dancing, a local judge and jury will not necessarily have an extensive background of spending money in strip clubs themselves, and may indeed find the club at fault in regard to posted VIP pricing.

Thanks

Default New Mexico teen custys learn a rough math lesson...

Remember folks, when the song's over, so's your dance. Yeah, the chicks were kinda dumb to just keep going like that (especially for 18-year-olds!) but at least they got a little justice...
    Last edited by VenusGoddess; 09-05-2005 at 02:50 AM.
    "She has written so well, and marvellously well, that I was completely ashamed of myself as a writer...But this girl, who is to my knowledge very unpleasant and we might even say a high-grade bitch, can write rings around all of us who consider ourselves as writers"

Ernest Hemingway on writer, aviation pioneer and horse trainer Beryl Markham

Thanks

I do wonder...do most VIP rooms charge by the dance? My VIP room, if I did 41 dances in one hour I got the hourly VIP room rate $500.

But, I do tend to wonder, also, why the dancer didn't stop and have them pony up earlier. Going for 41 dances and THEN saying, "Oh, now you owe me money." Especially when she knew that they were paying by the dance and not the hour...

They're both wrong...but it's nice that the police actually did something about it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deogol
    Or rack up a bunch of dances and then sue them for it - having their wages/income garnished by the court (snip)
    Would never happen. It's very hard to garnish wages and the legal system does not do it very readily. For child support, alimony, etc you could get someone's wages garnished...but for stuff like this...it'll just go down as a judgement on their credit report, but that's it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VenusGoddess
    ...it'll just go down as a judgement on their credit report, but that's it.
    Both sides should take it to People's Court or a similar small claims TV show. (I'd vote for Texas Justice, that judge is hilarious.) They'd both get free trips to the show and the judgment would be paid out of the show's kitty. Both sides win because the defendants don't have to put up the money if the judgment goes against them, and the plaintiffs actually get paid without any collection trouble if the judgment favors them. Would make excellent guilty pleasure TV.

-Ev

Thanks

Default Re: New Mexico teen custys learn a rough math lesson...

VG, there are VIP rooms that charge by dance only, some that sell blocks of time (usually a half or full hour, sometimes 15 mins.) or do a combo of those. Of course, it all depends on the club and the laws of the area it's in.
    "She has written so well, and marvellously well, that I was completely ashamed of myself as a writer...But this girl, who is to my knowledge very unpleasant and we might even say a high-grade bitch, can write rings around all of us who consider ourselves as writers"

Ernest Hemingway on writer, aviation pioneer and horse trainer Beryl Markham

Thanks

Looks like somebody was sleeping during the whole sheebang.
    When I finish my dance, I expect payment. If the man can't pay me, no more dances for him. What gets people like these into trouble is all this credit, promise to pay BS.
    I'm a strong beliver in pay as you go.
    As far as sympathy, I don't for those girls.
    Sounds to me like they had a good time with they boys.
    I never thought I'd be the one to say this but, damn, girls, they fall for the sweet talk nearly all the time.
    Oh, yeah, maybe the whole world needs to be like me.
    It would be a start anyway.

Thanks

I know the boys were 18...but how old were the dancers? It wouldn't surprise me if they were just as young...or very new.

Thanks

I get my money after every 2 songs just in case. You never know when someting like this will happen!

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSG
    According to the below criminal complaint filed in the Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court, Craig Everett and Malik Wakji, both 18, were hanging out in Fantasy World's VIP room with Orchid and Carmela when the music stopped and their bill came due. And their damage for sitting through 41 consecutive songs (82 dances)? Almost $2500.
    Young guys and young dancers hang out in clubs a lot. Orchid and Carmela got these guys into VIP where every song counted. 41 dances? I suspect it was more like "undress, talk, tease, feel, talk" hanging out. You can get that for $140-300/hr in Renaissance City.

Jonnie the manager can't do the math. 10% surcharge? For what? That would be $2706, not $2460.

It's always interesting when shady people try to rip each other off. Weasels eating weasels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast