Thread: Consulting a medium/psychic

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

Default Consulting a medium/psychic

hi ,,, i am very curious about after life and future readings and i want to consult someone like sylvia browne ... her readings are 700$ for 30 mins,though, and i was wondering if anyone had such experience w her or other mediums and if they really help and are truthful... some of them have a very long waiting list like 3 or 4 years... i also heard of this lady in NY called fahrusha...
    ...any info appreciated! thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 10,566 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cynical

Default Re: Consulting a medium/psychic

I am acquainted with a few people in the NY/NJ 'psychic community'. While all that I have met have some genuine psychic talents and insights, it simply appears to be a fact that the accuracy and usefulness of predictions are directly proportional to how well the 'predictor' knows the 'predictee'. Thus any single session, regardless of psychic talent or price paid, is likely to be way too general to be of much value beyond mere 'entertainment'.

Thanks

I agree. I've just seen too many people get taken by a "psychic". I wouldn't bother that is unless you are willing to shell out the money for just entertainment.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

hum,,, i know what u mean,.. but many of these ppl do phone readings w out even knowing the reader ... or thru radio or tv... unless those shows are fake...?
    i d really like to meet a real one , even if expensive but if is worthy could be an interesting experience,,

aussiepunkshocker

I love getting readings, but I suggest you go to someone cheaper to start with and shop around abit to get the feel of how things work. Some of the best most accurate readings I've had have been dirt cheap. Popularity doesnt always = a better psychic. I would avoid telephone consultations!

Thanks

^^^ Very true Aussie.

There used to be a woman in my town that was genuine, and she would give readings for around $25. She unfortunatly died a few years ago, but she did tell me quite a few things that have happened, and a few that haven't yet....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by ExoticEngineer View Post
    Feel like a damn salt lick at the goats petting zoo!
    <08SM>

madmaxine

I am friends with a lady who is very good, affordable and she does not blow smoke up anyone's a*s. If you want to get in touch with her, let me talk to her, PM me.
    I completely understand the need for skepticism & cynicism in life...you can't survive without it. But some people truly see things others of us don't. (Trivia- many psychics cannot predict their own futures because it would be self-defeating....there was a famous German woman psychic named Uli who wrote a book about her work as a clarivoyant in the 1970s. She saw many things for others but had to consult another seer for HER readings, LOL...)
    Please excuse my long dissertation on this, but I am lucky to have people in my life who give me this kind of counsel. I fear the future much less because of what I have learned.

EDIT: I am aware of Sylvia Brown & feel she helps many, but if you feel $700 is too much for you, shop around or invest in some reading tools for yourself. (As a dumb teen, I would make my own Ouija Boards...I got what I paid for though...LOL) Buy some books on developing your own inner sight. Barnes & Noble is chock full of selections.)

Dear Gods plz send money to Oregon K luv you bye
    Thanks

What they said . . . This stuff IS real. But find a local or take recommendations from someone here. Most of the telephone psychics figure stuff out about you the same way you hustle a customer.

Like,
    Telephone Psychic: "I'm seeing a man. Dark hair."
    You: "Oh! That's (dad, brother, bf, etc. Because everyone knows a dark-haired man.)"
    Psychic figures out what you feel about this person by the tone of your voice . . .

It's a simple script, and a lot of people get taken in by it -- not that it's unhelpful, because many telephone psychics, etc, have decent counseling skills -- so they really will give you useful advice for staying grounded, dealing with the dark-haired man whoever he turns out to be, etc. But for that, go to a therapist and pay less money for more useful talk.

So -- if you want a REAL psychic -- I think you're better off finding a local, or take a recommendation like Maxine's. If you want someone local, try going to the pagan bookstore where the actual pagans go (there's one in every big city) and ask them for a recommendation.

Thanks

You can get cards done or an object reading for in between 30-100. I've been once, and I enjoyed it, specifically because I went with the intention of being convinced. I wanted enough insight to make me go "whoa, how did she know that?" and to not dissect it afterwards to really work it out. I also took small things about her person as "proof" - like she was aboriginal, and she had a speech impediment and (this is most important in my view) she was barefoot and had exceptionally long toes. Freakishly long. Toes like fingers. I decided this was evidence of the supernatural, and very psychic-y. Nobody is going to convince you if you do not want to be, and if you want to be there is definitely no need to pay $700 and wait four years.
    I have taught that the sky in all its zones is mortal and its substance was formed by a process of birth

Thanks

I've gone to psychics and mediums...and I've had good experiences with all of them. I've never paid $700 for 30 minutes (nor will I ever). I've paid $100 for a full hour.

Look around. Get referrals. Just because someone charges $700 for 30 minutes doesn't mean that they are the ONLY good one.

Thanks

I've been down the psycho errr psychic route and it can be very entertaining. I usually start out askin so, didcha know I was coming? I also like to ask em if they know how I'm payin for it...etc, set them at ease and have some fun

Featured Member venusofwillendorf's Avatar
    Thanks

watch penn and teller's bullshit show on psychics. real psychics don't bilk old people out of their mattress money, set up shops on the side of a highway, or charge $700 for 30 minutes. they do hang out with pagans, do book signings, and even readings- but not for nearly that much.
    be the change you wish to see in the world....
    ~ghandi

i really love your peaches wanna shake your tree....
    ~steve miller

why not?
    ~anon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by venusofwillendorf
    watch penn and teller's bullshit show on psychics. real psychics don't bilk old people out of their mattress money, set up shops on the side of a highway, or charge $700 for 30 minutes. they do hang out with pagans, do book signings, and even readings- but not for nearly that much.
    I agree. When to much money gets involved, things get muddled... like anything else and everything else in this world.

God/dess
    Thanks

Ask em about the horse races !

Thanks

Sylvia Brown isn't very accurate. Most of her predictions are for things that can't be proven anyway- Like the pyrmids were built by space aliens. Can't really argue that because there isn't any witnesses living to confirm or deny how the pyrmids were built. She also predicted that the weather this year would be very severe. Well, it has been in some places. Where I live it has been abnormally mild, so that prediction has to do with your location, and there is *always* abnormally sever weather somewhere.

She also predicted that Sadam Hussin and Osama Bin Laden would be found hiding in caves, and would both be dead before they could be captured in 2004. We did find Sadam in a hole dug out of the ground (is that a cave?) and he is alive and well today. As you know, Osama still hasn't surfaced, so who knows?

Anyway, for $700 I'd rather hire a couple of hotties to entertain me in VIP. If I knew I could get an accurate reading for that amount, then I might consider it, but Sylvia makes predicitons that most people can deduce for themselves.

I like to read the Tarot, and have had some luck with it. I do readings for my friends for fun, and usually the cards come up being very timely for the questioner. But I guess the subjects are sort of like reading the bible. If you read it long enough you can find something that applies to your current life situation, and advice on dealing with what you are going through.

So I'm with the other posters, go see someone local. If you felt you got an inaccurate reading, then all you are out is $50-100 not $700 for half and hour.

Promote yourself and earn more money! This is a business that is owned by strippers for strippers. Let's make that money!

madmaxine

Yes, I don't agree with all of Sylvia Brown's beliefs. But, I feel she helps people and I think that's great. One of my favorite mediums is a British woman named Rosemary Altea. She led a very normal life (single mom, hardworking) before making a living on seeing the future and ghosts. Not all psychics are talking about space aliens and wearing Liberace capes.....some are regular people who developed a gift.
    I have a little clarivoyance but it is depressing to deal with- some ideas & dreams will bother me for days. My friend had strong abilities as a child, but "knowing" when her pets were going to die scared her into pushing the skills away.
    Anyway, seek out a local or a word-of-mouth referral. Sometimes it's just nice to talk to someone who has no stake in how your life is turning out.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

i didn t know rosemary altea did private readings... i read her books and i loved them...

Tart

for 700 bucks i could get that new Fendi bag i want

and i predict a lot of useless shit will be in it and I predict i'll love it.

Thanks

^LMFAO.. You always crack me up, Tart.

$700 for a "psychic" is outrageous. There really is no point in paying someone to do something that you could probably do yourself, with a little concentration and practice. You just need to wake that part of yourself up--save your $700 for something that's actually worth it.

Thanks

The only way that I would pay for a 700 dollar reading would be if I could talk to my mother. My mother past away from a brain anursyium (sp?) and her mind was gone pretty quick 1 week.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

thats what sylvia b claims to do. speak with the dead. but i d rather trust suzane northrop for that. she 'only' ask 500 $ but there s 4 years wait for her... u can look at her message board on her site i believe is called theseance.com ...many people had readings and they actually say they could talk to their relatives who passed away...

Thanks

i have gone to several mediums and had mixed reviews. One just nearly made me faint she was so dead on on little details , etc. others were like omg why am i wasting my time?

Thanks

My mom had a reading from Sylvia Browne, and IT WAS NOT ACCURATE!! Do NOT get a reading from that woman! I have a dude that I go see who I pay 30 dollars for a reading, and he is a HELL OF A LOT more right on than her!! I felt bad that my mom got totally ripped off like that.

Featured Member venusofwillendorf's Avatar
    Thanks

rosemary altea does cold reading. she is NOT a psychic. do not give her your money.

she's not too shabby at hot reading, either....

again, watch Penn and Teller's Bullshit, the episode concerning psychics.
    be the change you wish to see in the world....
    ~ghandi

i really love your peaches wanna shake your tree....
    ~steve miller

why not?
    ~anon