Thread: Butt exercises

Thanks

Default Butt exercises

I recently started going to the gym and am wondering what are some good exercise machines for the butt? NOt to loose weight, but the opposite, I don't have much of a butt and would like to at least have some shape there, are there any exercises for this?

Thanks

Default Re: Butt exercises

Do plie squats. http://www.e-weightloss-fitness.com/...e_squats.shtml
    Also, encorporate the stair master as part of your cardio routine to tone and shape that general area. Keep in mind this should be just one exercise in your repertoire of many, you can't spot shape/reduce.
    http://www.e-weightloss-fitness.com/...hydrants.shtml <-- fire hydrants are good too.
    Another thing I see a lot is girls that work their ass all the time but ignore a lot of other important muscle groups...working on your hamstrings to get that nice shape in the back of the thigh will help improve the look of your behind too hope this helps

Thanks

OOhhh thx, reading it right now, it's very informative, just what I've been looking for.

Thanks

Yes Squats build muscle and lift the butt up for that sexy umph! I would reccomend:

1 x 10 for a warmup, also do some free squats just to get your knees warm
    5 x5

Why 5 sets of 5? It is a great way to build muscle. You can read more about it from coach/ kinestegiologist/ olympic weightlifter Bill Starr. He wrote a book about this that was widely read in the 70s, esp by football coaches but it works really well for both bodybuilding (putting on sexy calorie burning shape) and strength training. I follow this and my ass is my #1 asset. Also, it helps cut the fat out and converts it to muscle. AND you will get stronger faster.

Start out slow with the weight for the first few weeks, even if you only use the35 or 45 lb bar (45 is standard). But as you improve, add as much weight as possible. The more you lift, the more you build that stacked sexy ass!

A good rule of thumb for when to add weight is once you are on your last set and can do 5 reps of that (the highest) weight. Then you might add 1 1/2 or 5 lbs to each side. You should be doing this 2 days a week.

Another thing you can do, for lower back, hamstrings (back of legs), and your butt is deadlifts. You can also do 5 x 5s for these but I would start with 3 x 5 if you've never done them before. I can tell you more about those too if you're interested. Hope that helps!

Thanks

I am interested in any more excercises as well. I have been putting hours into a regular job as well w/ no time for gym. I lost weight and became not just skinny, but soft. My bf made a comment about me losing my ass, and after I made him take a photo I realized it was true!!! And I had such a big round bootie. I cannot believe this happened. Any tips for easy excercises while I'm at home. I have too many expenses and am not renewing my gym membership for another 3 months.

Thanks

I also have a VERY easy excercise you can try and you dont even have to get out of bed!!

Just lay across the bed on your tummy, uncovered and with your legs about shoulder-width apart.
    Bring your heels together in the air while tightening your cheeks. (sort of like opening and closing a "V")

It worked for me!

Thanks

running helps shape your butt very well... squats, lunges, and stairmaster....

Thanks

modlgirl, go to walmart or whatever and pick up a resistance band...it's like 10 bucks and you can do tons of exercises with it...not just your butt either.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,296 Times in 3,619 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by soybeangirl
    I also have a VERY easy excercise you can try and you dont even have to get out of bed!!

Just lay across the bed on your tummy, uncovered and with your legs about shoulder-width apart.
    Bring your heels together in the air while tightening your cheeks. (sort of like opening and closing a "V")

It worked for me!
    lol...i'm gonna try this. i have a hard time squatting bc it hurts my weak knees. hate that.

running is great.

Thanks

Tiff-
    I bought a resistance band, and in the package were a few exercises, not focusing on the butt too much. Do you have any excercises you recommend?

Thanks

I do ,
    You can still do a modified version of plie squats with the resistance band, so I recommend those...here's a pic http://exercise.about.com/cs/exercis...vacworkout.htm <scroll a bit, it's the second exercise in the series>

Also, kick backs with the band are good for the butt...I found a pic here since i'm terrible with explanations:
    http://www.shapefit.com/butt-exercis...xtensions.html

Regular squats are good too with the band, step on the band and pull it to chest height holding your band in your hands close together, elbows pointing out, squat normally while concentrating on keeping the band at shoulder height...the difference might seem subtle from regular squats but it makes a difference.

There's tooons on the internet more if you're interested, just google resistance band workouts and you'll get lots! happy ass-sculpting!

Thanks

The band! What a great idea for working out while travelling!!!

Thanks

I do regular exercises as well, but I do this all the time.

When I'm laying on the floor watching tv, or laying in bed getting a massage, or whatever I "shake" my butt. Contract and release the muscles for as long as you can.

I've gotten to where I can do it for up to 40-45 mins before my butt gets sore.

I think that helps too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by ExoticEngineer View Post
    Feel like a damn salt lick at the goats petting zoo!
    <08SM>

Thanks

Sit with your knees bent and your feet underneath you. Spread your knees and lean forward on your hands between your knees. Then clench your butt muscles really tight, hold for a few, release. Do it until it hurts, then lean all the way down, so your chin/chest is on the floor, and do it again.

It worked for me (when I actually did it!).

Thanks

Wow- what great advice everyone. I am hoping to my flabbly little butt gets becomes perky and cute.

Thanks

Here you go girls, it's a new article on bb.com that will help you out.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fawnia27.htm

Thanks

wow, that body building page is exactly what I need!!! It is added to my faves now! I followed it further on, and helped me understand wear I am going wrong in my thigh training : http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/legsbig.jpg : That pic really put the picture on why my inner thighs just aren't getting good while the rest is! Needed to work the Gracilis and adductor magnus in more refined movements. I now have more exercises to add to my daily activities*sigh* lol
    Thanks a million!!!
    Last edited by susie; 12-12-2005 at 10:01 AM.
    Susie

Featured Member
    Thanks

what about roller blading? i like my ass, just wanna bring it up a little......but i donrt wanna lose weight...... im thinkin uphill roller blading,then hitting mcdonalds after wards. lol

Thanks

the "frog"!!!!!.
    ive been working with a new trainer for about 4 months now. we really dont do machines, mainly core training. find someone who can show you the exact way to do the "frog" exercise on the ball. u can feel it working. also lunges r very good to build muscle but running or high incline walking raises ur ass. i noticed the "lift" in just 2 weeks of running 3 days/week. good luck

Thanks

butt blaster machine!