Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: EDM

Thanks
    Thanked 5,073 Times in 2,640 Posts

Default Re: Techno tracks...

OK, sorry it took me so long, but I wanted to wait until I had something good to share uploaded, and now I do.

Three songs from an obscure English CD that rock, to start with. If I had to lose all my CDs but one, this would be it, it's that good...

OK, "rock" is a bad choice of words--it's techno alright, and the sensuous kind--but with some power behind it.

I don't know how to chat on Soulseek, or how it works, but I'm ready to try.

My username there is 'Djoser12', and I'll try to be there as much as possible.
    You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Free your mind, and your ass will follow.
    George Clinton

Thanks

How can I find you on there? I'm on Soulseek and everything, but I still don't know how to search fora specific person. Maybe I should go read the FAQ. heh.

Thanks

I'm trying to figure it out right now, lol--maybe I need to list the song titles, that might help you--you could try searching for them.

Whoops! I saved them incorrectly--fixing that now--but here are the names:

"Dream Beam" (Danny Rampling Mix), by Hypnotone
    "Soon" (Andy Weatherall Mix), by My Bloody Valentine
    "Cascades" (Hypnotone Mix), by Sheer Taft

It's taking a while to resave the files from the CD--it should be about a half hour--then they'll be up in Soulseek, if you (or anyone else here who is interested) can find them in there, lol.

Later--they're up now.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

George Clinton

Thanks

I need help finding the name and artist of this techno song

It's this chick singing:
    "I wish you knew, I wish you knew how much I wish that you were here with me..."

Thanks for any help.

Thanks

We need to get Isolabella to give us a quick tutorial on Soulseek, I think--and she might know the song, too.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

George Clinton

Thanks

Hey, sorry to leave you guys hanging.

Avacheetahs: John Creamer & Stephane K - I Wish You Were Here
    Try the PMT Remix, Lexicon Avenue Remix, Envy Remix, Main Mix, Original Mix, or the 16B Remix. The Original and Lexicon Avenue might be the most popular/uptempo, but I don't have my external with me to check.

Re Soulseek: To add a user, right click in the "User" box (top right side of window), click "add to list" and type a name. (I'm signed in now, but I haven't been home in a few days)
    There are tons of tips I'll gadly help you out with when I'm home, but I can get you started with a few here.
    Click options/file sharing configuration/select save folder to designate where you want your downloads to go. Then click add shared folder, you can add more than one folder and specify whether everyone or just people in your user list have access to each folder. (I don't share the folder I save my downloads to because it's so unorganized) A good tip: Add yoursef to your user list, right click on your name and click "Browse files" to make sure that you are sharing. Most people will ban you if you are not.
    If you would like a user to be abe to upload files to you right click on their name in the user list and click "add user to upload permitted list". (Good idea to add me to that list. I'm quite generous )
    Now the fun part for easier downloading: When your search results come up, click the "attributes" bar and then "in queue" bar along the top of your results window. This puts the blacklettered ones (no waiting line) and better bitrates at the top for you.
    I then right click on the file I want and click "get user info". If it says accepts downloads from all, I just download, userlist only, I add them to my userlist etc. If their info won't come up even after trying a few times, odds are they won't be able to see my files or info, and will likely ban me.
    My boyfriend is giving me the Dave Chapelle's "Wrap it up" signal...lol So I have to go for now, but I hope this helps. Feel free to pm me here or hit me up sometime in Soulseek with any questions. Good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Time is a precious currency. Don't waste your own, or steal it from others. No matter how much you think they have, or how little value you give them. - Me http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=isolabella

Thanks

Thanks--I'm there now, and I think you are too--but the message sending thing is confusing...

I am about to add a great megamix (to the share folder) I found while searching for something Yekhefah recommended--it's very unique to me, so in it goes...

Not much to share, so far--but rather than filling my list with a bunch of stuff everyone already has, I'd rather have it be special, even if it takes more time.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

George Clinton

Thanks

Thanks Isolabella!

Thanks

Isolabella is very cool--I was lucky enough to chat with her on Soulseek, which works fairly well, once you get the hang of it.

And she has a lot of great stuff, too!

Including some very good electroclash--which Bridgette had recommended.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

George Clinton

Thanks

I just caught this really great techno remix. there's a part in the middle that should be chopped out, but the rest is kind of cool. It's by the Audio Bullys, remix of Shot You Down.

Thanks

Isolabella uploaded a great song to me on Soulseek, called "X-Rated", by Ty Tek, featuring Dee Fawnd--great lyrics!

Thanks, Isolabella--and for those of you who like techno, she is a great friend to have, indeed...

There was also an interesting song called "Michelle Plays Ping Pong" (Vicarious Bliss Match Point Mix), by Daisy Daisy with some seriously sexy vocals--who is this woman? Gotta have more of her singing--actually it's more like she's talking, but in no ordinary fashion, lol...
    Friedrich Nietzsche

George Clinton

Thanks

Paul Harris & Kevin Swain pres Bohemia - Change Down (Kevin Swain Radio Edit) (2006) House
    Miika Kuisma & Mr. A ft Elena Mady- Smoky Room (Parham & Dominic Plaza Remix) (2006) Tolerable Trance
    Johan Afterglow - Me On (Alex Grani Remix) (2006) House
    Seductive Beatz ft Gay Joy - My Drug (Leeds vs Housetrap Remix) (2006) Electro House
    Richard Dinsdale ft Wray - Pulling Me Under (Original Mix) (2006) House
    Land Shark - Dangerous (Original Mix) (2006) House (not really for work, just love the track and his voice)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Time is a precious currency. Don't waste your own, or steal it from others. No matter how much you think they have, or how little value you give them. - Me http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=isolabella

Thanks

Ok I know this will be a piece of cake for you, Isolabella, so I hope you don't mind. (DJ has been bugging me)

"I need somebody who needs me too"

Thanks

This is kind of old but I like it anyway.
    "Jerk it out" (Jason Nevins Deep House mix)

God/dess
    Thanks

Where do you find all these techno tracks? Ive been using limewire and this new one called MP3 rocket and having no luck.
    you live like an ivy vine
    you can only survive by clinging onto trees
    that's your flaw
    put down some roots so you can stand on your own
    -Kenpachi

Thanks

Soulseek is great for techno, much better than Limewire. I'm just getting oriented to it, but I love it already. (Hint: Isolabella is a very good friend to have).

It's also a totally free download (the program).
    Friedrich Nietzsche

George Clinton

Thanks

Lol, Avacheetahs. I don't know. Male or female vocals, new or old, uptempo or slow, commercial or more underground, trance, house, electro?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isolabella
    Lol, Avacheetahs. I don't know. Male or female vocals, new or old, uptempo or slow, commercial or more underground, trance, house, electro?
    Very commercial, maybe 2-3 years old. Male vocals. It probably even got radio play.
    <trying to think of the words>
    .... I wanna love you so bad... <something like that I think>
    ..I need someone who needs me too....

Thanks

Hmm, that last line sounds familiar but... It might turn up in a day of listening to my library. Sorry I haven't replied sooner. I've had the same headache for almost a week.

In the meantime:

David Garcia ft Jay Walker - Too Good (2006) House
    (Original Mix, Morgan Page Remix, or Dan Saenz Remix)
    Denim J ft Eyes of Love - Miami Beach (2006) Progressive House
    (Mahjong Radio Cut, or Federico Conti Extended Mix (not AS foo-foo-girly-like))
    C12 ft Jole - Hooked on Coke (Love City Remix (2006) House
    AB ft Amalia - Make Luv 2 Da Music (Original Mix) (2006)Progressive House
    Krystal K - Let's Get it Right (The Guitar Version) (2004) Vocal House
    Special Unit - I've Set My Sights on You (Replicant Mix) (2003) Breaks/Electro
    Last edited by Isolabella; 06-28-2006 at 12:45 PM.

Thanks

Avacheetahs,

Is it Echoes of Sound - Need Somebody (Who Needs Me) ?

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...&ct=clnk&cd=33

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by candie00
    BENNI BENASSI!!!! I love him!!* My favourt songs by him at the moment are Put You'r Hands Up and Turn Me Up, Also sum great songs by Benni are I Love My Sex, Califiorna Dreamin (remix), Get Loose, Satisfaction, Illiusion and Inside Of Me....

I also really like Global Deejays. Two great songs by them are What A Feeling and San Francisco.... I LOVE techno Haha!* But not as much as I love my punk and metal =p ....
    benny is the shit!!!!!!!!!!!!! love is gonna save us is the best!

Roxi Dlite

im very protective of my music... im a HUGE house music freak! mostly electro, progressive and tribal....

im going to part with this track for all of you... JUST DONT USE IT AT MY CLUB! please abd thank you... ha ha ha

Do I look like a slut - peter rohofer mix is best!
    Frank Sinatra is dead - miss kitten
    anything by goldfrapp is good too

Thanks

No worries Roxi Dlite, Avenue D isn't quite my style (fun track though) & I used up Frank Sinatra a few years back. (I'm not cooler, just older. lol)

Great new track alert:
    No Dolls - Nothing Like the Original
    Have a listen:

http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/...ght=no%20dolls

Thanks

Man, I got interested in trying out some of these tracks that I dunno... but I'll be damned if I can find them on a P2P program....
    Number of times Rickrolled on stage: 6

Marasmus ... "Ladies don't fart. They butt-laugh."
    Marasmus says, "Oh no, that wasn't gas, it was merely a rectal chuckle."

Marek says, "A friend of mine got punched in the face by a dominatrix stripper about two weeks ago and I thought of you."

Thanks

PaigeDWinter,

(I despise Limewire, amateur burns, record company phonies, and I prefer full releases with nfo files) Soulseek is the program (free) for electronic music. The users are club DJs and electronic music fanatics. Their collections consist of professionally ripped vinyl, and digital releases, so you get a lot better sound quality. I also purchase tracks from www.beatport.com
    See page 6 for some of my tips on how to use the program, and if you get it add me to your user list. (I have all of the tracks I've mentioned, and most of what everyone else mentioned). Add both of my names: isolabella & isolabella_
    I use the second one when I'm out of town, but I always have my external drive with me.
    As is the case with electro house/prog house/tech house etc music, anything other than the radio edits is made for mixing and consists of long intros and instrumentals midway and end. I remix and edit my tracks specifically for work, and share these as well. They're scdj friendly with a little talk time beginning and ending too.

Hope to see you soon.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast