Thread: Proposal: Most SC Managers are dumber than the strippers.

Featured Member
    Thanks

Default Proposal: Most SC Managers are dumber than the strippers.

No, really.
    I mean; there are some really stupid girls out there; but some of the managers I've seen and worked with were just as idiotic; if not moreso in certain ways because their stupidity affected EVERYONE. Some of the strippers I've seen were dumb; but at least they had common sense.

Just a thought; put out for your consideration. No;no reason to infer that I have any personal agenda here <sarcasam>.
    Grinding is for coffee and meat.
    "I want to entertain people who wish to be entertained, not be an expensive but poor substitute for someone who can't find themselves a prostitute."-Asurfel
    Those Who Hear Not The Music Think The Dancers Mad.
    “Belgian Trappist Organically Farmed Multiple Orgasm Inducing. Bed Shaking, Neighbors Complaining, Heirloom Radishes”

Thanks
    Thanked 5,114 Times in 2,651 Posts

Default Re: Proposal: Most SC Managers are dumber than the strippers.

You might be onto something there...

The one thing I will say in their defense is that their imbecility becomes much more glaringly obvious, due to their position.

They are called upon to make rational decisions, and even think fast about a sudden situation on occasion.

Right...

But dancers just have to know they go onstage when their name is called, DJ's to push the right button and say the right name. Also, God knows having a modicum of intelligence has probably hurt me more than it's helped in the clubs I've been in.

I have worked with a few managers who had some smarts, but not many. The guy who really took the Dumbo prize was this idiot I was working with when I joined this forum. I used to write about him a lot--for the Old Schoolers he was the infamous 'drug-addled manager', whose jaw would start twitching uncontrollably if he had to use his brain under stress.

He would carry around a clipboard all the time, so he looked important and busy, though I never actually saw him write on it, and question whether he in fact could.

I know for a fact his mathematical aptitude was equivalent to that of an enlightened goat. The doorman called in sick one night, and even after about 15 minutes explanation--complete with pen and paper, and sample addition and subtraction of years--he still couldn't figure out how to tell if someone was of legal age from the date on their license.
    You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Free your mind, and your ass will follow.
    George Clinton

BrunetteGoddess

Right on target with this one

God/dess
    Thanks

I can only talk about UK venues, (more specifically the London strip pubs), and the managers/manageresses; (yep, stupidity is not confined to men), seem to think that if they put dancers on, custys will come flooding in. It's not as simple as that. classic examples:

Wagon & Horses: Music so loud you can't have a conversation. Air extraction non-existant, so your eyes smart from cigarette smoke.

Flags: Private dances pitched too expensive, so they are difficult to sell.

Olde Axe: Way too many dancers, so custy's get hassled into oblivion, and don't enjoy their stay.

Speed the Plough: Pub in isolated spot; put on too many shifts, so that dancers couldn't make money. Landlord wonders why dancers don't want to work there.

Prince of Wales: Huge "L" shaped bar with maybe 10 customers, dancer has to walk 10 - 15 ft between customers, and is out of view for half the time anyway.

Etc, etc, etc.

If the landlords/landladies devoted a few brain cells to the problems, they'd drag in far more customers and dancers, owners and punters would be far happier.

Duh....

Phil.

Thanks

lildreamer,

No truer words have ever been typed on this message board

-E
    hilarious signature

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused

Amen!

Cally

I agree for the most part... the only exception I have ever seen is my present club. We have some of the best strip club management I have seen. They know how to keep their girls happy and things run very smoothly. Of course there is always going to be someone pissed off but for the most part everyone is happy and it reflects well on the club.

Thanks

Ive n had it up and down, mostly down.. Some have chased off dancers by calling us bitches and idiots, the smart ones left, ha ha...
    I've had a few tell me that we can be replaced, um ,yeeeessss you can find new dancers, but you can't replace customers' favorites overnight, nor can you convince a customer that a dancer that has never danced a day in her life will give the same dance or provide the same entertainment as the one he favored for over a year. Custies just aren't that dumb, heh.
    I've had a few steal from dancers and then act surprised that we know how to count and I have had a few sleep with dancers and then act even more surprised when the dancers that the dumped spread around vital info about them. They truly thought the girls weren't smart enough to be vindictive.
    Right now, I have two great managers, they listen to the dancers, actually repsond when spoken to, rare I know. They have to have us follow the rules, but I have never heard them insult a dancer for her standing up for herself or asking a question. They encourage questions, because if we get in trouble the CLUB gets in trouble.
    And they always act happy to see me, hey if they want to stroke my ego I will hand out hugs!
    Please don't lick me, it tickles..

God/dess
    Phoenix is home, work in Upper Midwest Boonies
    Thanks

They sure are. That goes for many club owners as well.

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

I so agree..!! Mostly the club owners. But damn working in this business as a man you would think they could or would have better sense. when it comes to situation as sleeping with dancers, can't card anyone right etc.

Senior Member naughtyallthetime's Avatar
    Thanks

Bless this thread!!!!!!!!!! There was never more truth spoken here and I doubt that there will ever be.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

"Some people with no brains do an awful lot of talking" Wizard of Oz 'Scarecrow'

MY SPACE
    http://www.myspace.com/naughtygirlnadia

Thanks

Hell, any position in the industry has it's share of the more dumb. Managers are not immune to this. They dont get counted out here. But such is life with any cross section of any job/position. Some folks excel whilst others hit the bottom. Hard.
    Number of times Rickrolled on stage: 6

Marasmus ... "Ladies don't fart. They butt-laugh."
    Marasmus says, "Oh no, that wasn't gas, it was merely a rectal chuckle."

Marek says, "A friend of mine got punched in the face by a dominatrix stripper about two weeks ago and I thought of you."

Thanks

Yep, I have to agree with this sentinment and have run across it on more than one occasion, the most notable of which was when I used to work for one of the Deja Vu clubs. In that particular location they had promoted DOORMEN to managers, guys who were all braun and no brain, who had never gone to school, had no prior experience managing, and who were absolutely terrible at it. Their only leg up was that they'd been with the company for a long time....counting dances. Talk about not knowing how to run a club. I'm surprised corporate didn't totally freak out about it, but even if they did, I wouldn't know as I quit, not willing to tolerate the childishness. That was over a year ago. I now work for the SR chain where they also promote many doormen to managers, but at least in this case they only promote doormen who are *management material* and I've only had good experiences so far.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually who are you not to be?" -- Marianne Williamson.

Featured Member francescadubois's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, the club I used to work at hired bouncers and moved them up to managers. No schooling, no management training. Nothing. And then they wonder why managers keep embezzling money and fucking the girls. Ridiculous.

Thanks

The first club I worked in had a manager who started as a carpenter, which is at least a job theoretically requiring some skill. But he was a methhead who tried to rape one of the dancers--and incredibly stupid.

They were also grooming a kitchen helper to be manager--he had made it up through bouncer to asst. manager, but he was so stupid and irritating I let it be known to everyone that I would never take orders from him. The club closed before he got the final promotion, though--or he would easily have taken the prize as being the stupidest manager in the nation, I kid you not...

Now, he is a guy who is mowing lawns right now, as that one woman (who shared the same IP address with the trollish guy that also happened to be jumping on my shit in the same thread) claimed I should be doing...
    Friedrich Nietzsche

George Clinton

Thanks

Heeeyyyy...my post was erased! Pft.

Feature costumes for sale!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett_vancouver
    I don't see any SG moderators online, so I doubt it was deliberate.

What the hell did you say? You've never been a troublemaker, just a little naughty now and then, maybe--but that's a good thing, lol...
    Friedrich Nietzsche

George Clinton

Thanks

Just a little Communist call to action, is all!

Naw..I said I've liked and quite respected most of the managers I've worked with. And then some other stuff which related to no one on this board but I guess would have offended the more delicate.

Actually, now I'm just wondering if I forgot to post, lol. Tired. Bedtime.

Thanks

I looked through the whole thread and no posts were erased/deleted. Did you make sure it posted before you closed out your window?

Thanks

Haha, I'm just an ass then.

Well, Ok, what I had said was that I really haven't met too many dumb managers, but have met many a retarded DJ.

But then...in BC, DJs have a more managerial role so...that could be it

Thanks

Haha, I'm just an ass then.

Well, Ok, what I had said was that I really haven't met too many dumb managers, but have met many a retarded DJ.

But then...in BC, DJs have a more managerial role so...that could be it
    I agree, except the part about you being an ass--I've done that myself, especially when I'm tired. Also, Internet Explorer causes me to lose posts all the time, which is why I use Firefox now.

Ok, maybe I don't exactly agree--from my own experience, the managers have a slight edge on the stupid scale around here over the DJs, but that's not saying much...

And it would be pretty stupid of me to believe that what I have observed would be true everywhere else in the world.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

George Clinton

exotisch23

eh, it depends. dumb people are everywhere.. I have dealt with a lot of asshole managers though.. one guy used to treat me like shit because of my anxiety-he thought I was on drugs so he would tell everyone that I was a druggie! So because of him getting on my ass all the time (I have no clue why he liked to annoy me) it just gave me more anxiety & I always got anxiety attacks at work.
    The club I'm at now has awesome management.. i've never been happier

Thanks

They are more so than the dancers in all the clubs I have worked at. They are often power tripping. Maybe they start out in the business with a working brain that they actually use, but somehow they lose sense of reality. Which leads to the tremendous amount of stupidity such as the examples Djoser gave.
    "Just because you've seen everything doesn't mean you understand it." Foamy the Squirrel ( www.illwillpress.com )