Default Spokane, Washington?

1. How is Spokane, WA in Late July?
    2. Anybody work there?
    3. How are the clubs there?
    4. Why haven't you posted any reviews!!

Thanks

Default Re: Spokane, Washington?

1. How is Spokane, WA in Late July?

You mean the weather? If so, July is one of our hottest months. Usually its in the 80s and 90s sometimes even near 100. The nights are cool to warm, depending on if we are getting any air coming from Canada. July is a pretty dry month, not much rain to be had.

2. Anybody work there? Not me, I'm a guy! Knew some girls that did though.

3. How are the clubs there? You mean club...The Deja vu is really the only "true" strip club in Spokane's city area. I havent been there in awhile (years) it can be hit and miss. They can be really slow on weekdays making it harder to earn that $$$. I've been told on average girls there take home $100-$200 a night and that seems reasonable to me. It's a non-alcoholic club. I remember the interior being nice, good lighting, nice sound system. Comfortable and fun atmosphere. I've seen as few as 10 girls working and as many as 20 on a very busy weekend night.

But we also have Stateline Showgirls nearby, just 15 minutes outside Spokane.

4. Why haven't you posted any reviews!! Didn't know you wanted one!
    I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it.
    - Jack Handey

If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
    - Jack Handey

Thanks

All I have to say is Washington State sucks for strip clubs. Post Falls, ID has a nice club called Stateline Showgirls, it is a juice bar (as all Washington clubs are), full nude and has a bar near by. There is also The Torch Lounge in Coeur D' Alene, ID. It is a bikini dancing bar, but offers full liquor. It is a very cool "hang out" type of place. The stages are really awesome and I like to hang out at this club when I'm in the area.

Both of those clubs are like 15-20 minutes outside of Spokane, so easy enough to get to. I've never worked at either one. You may have a hard time finding their dancers online, as the area is pretty... ummm, how do I say it nicely??... Old fashioned or not technilogically advanced... might be the right terms. There are even huge areas a few minutes outside of the metro area where cell phones don't work. I drive through this area all the time on my trips to Montana and points east.

Good luck and have fun on your vacation.

Promote yourself and earn more money! This is a business that is owned by strippers for strippers. Let's make that money!

Thanks

Is the guy correct when he says average is $100-200 a night? That's not pretty good to my standards, but when I convert it to Aus, it'll be nice to have a little more but still - I'm working in America for frick's sake, I want it to be worth it.

I forgot drinking age in America was 21. Bah, nude clubs only for me. Luckily there only seems to be one alcoholic.

Hmmm... I'll only be there for a week and 3 of those days I'm attending an even with my boyfriend. Not sure it's worth it for only a couple hundred a night since I can only work 3 nights. :/

Thanks

In most states, you can still work at a club that serves alcohol at age 18 or 19. You are just not supposed to DRINK while working...

Quote Originally Posted by pheno View Post
    When you lead a nontraditional life don't try to measure it with traditional milestones.

Thanks

Stateline is usually where I go...They have juice? I've always thought it was just pop.
    - Jack Handey

If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
    - Jack Handey

Thanks

Well this area isn't exactly Vegas or LA. When I say 100-200 is average for a weekday, I mean that is what you could expect to make without having to hustle too hard. But on the upper end, I've heard of girls making up to $300-$500 in a night. I was even told about one gal who made $900 in one night by another dancer. But I just wanted to make sure you had a realistic idea of what kind of money you could make here on a typical night. You never know.

Quote Originally Posted by lilithmorrigan
    Is the guy correct when he says average is $100-200 a night? That's not pretty good to my standards, but when I convert it to Aus, it'll be nice to have a little more but still - I'm working in America for frick's sake, I want it to be worth it.

I forgot drinking age in America was 21. Bah, nude clubs only for me. Luckily there only seems to be one alcoholic.

Hmmm... I'll only be there for a week and 3 of those days I'm attending an even with my boyfriend. Not sure it's worth it for only a couple hundred a night since I can only work 3 nights. :/
    - Jack Handey

- Jack Handey

Thanks

I'm a really big hustler so I should do farely well. I'll try a night and if I don't like it I'll stick to doing my man back at the hotel.

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Spokane, Washington?

Well I'm sure you'd probably make enough to make it worth your time. Maybe I will come down and buy a couple dances from you! I only live a couple minutes from the Deja Vu. I haven't been there in years because I usually goto Stateline Showgirls.
    - Jack Handey

- Jack Handey

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hidendragon75
    Stateline is usually where I go...They have juice? I've always thought it was just pop.
    Juice bar is a euphemisim used to describe the fact that no alcohol is served, not that they serve juice drinks.

From the dancers I know in the area $100-200 is the norm. House fees are pretty high, so the money the girls take home is next to nothing. For what it's worth, I've heard that extreme extras are available at Deja Vu. When I was visiting as a customer a few years ago I saw two girls engage in oral sex on stage. It looked real enough (I know how to fake it for the audience). Having not worked there, though, it is just rumor.

If you are just going to be there three days, maybe just work enough to call it a tax deductible trip, but not worry too much about making money.

Your original post made it sound like you were wanting to go as a customer, but your later post inferred that you wished to work there. Personally, I've never heard of dancers making a trip to Spokane with the intent to dance. It just isn't worth it there.

Promote yourself and earn more money! This is a business that is owned by strippers for strippers. Let's make that money!

Thanks

Oh! I didn't know that! I was kind of hoping they would have juice. I'm getting a little tired of drinking pop.

I was told by a dancer at Stateline the "stage rental" fee is $35 a night and they take out $4-$5 per lap dance. I would imagine the Vu is mostly in line with that.

I do remember seeing on stage Deja Vu a few times what looked like a girl going down on another, but like you said it could be simulated easily enough. I've had a couple people share stories with me about things that supposedly happened at the Deja Vu, but I do think they were just that...stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Paris
    Juice bar is a euphemisim used to describe the fact that no alcohol is served, not that they serve juice drinks.

From the dancers I know in the area $100-200 is the norm. House fees are pretty high, so the money the girls take home is next to nothing. For what it's worth, I've heard that extreme extras are available at Deja Vu. When I was visiting as a customer a few years ago I saw two girls engage in oral sex on stage. It looked real enough (I know how to fake it for the audience). Having not worked there, though, it is just rumor.
    - Jack Handey

- Jack Handey

Thanks

On the surface the stage fee of $35 seems reasonable enough. Now add into that the $5 per lap dance. Plus you didn't mention anything about tip outs to the DJ, the floor men, the door girl, the waitresses, the managers, the bartenders, and the house mom.

I've noticed at Stateline Showgirls that stage tipping is not the norm. So ALL of the dancers income is from lap dances, and they are probably $20 per song. Let's just say for argument sake that the average dancer at this club does 15 lap dances on an average shift, and let's also say that she earns enough in stage tips to pay her house fees of $35. So her expneses would break down like this:

Total earnings: $335

House Fee: $35
    Lap dance fee: $75
    DJ tipout: $30
    Security tipout: $30
    Bartender tip: $5
    Waitress Tip: $5
    House Mom: $10

So her working expenses are $190 total, leaving her with $145 to walk out with from her shift. I may have been overly generous with the tip out amounts, but if you ask the DJ or the security guys what they think is fair, they will say about 10% of the dancer's earnings is expected as a tip out to each service (bouncer and DJs).

So do you think paying 56% of gross earning (before taxes) is a fair payout, Hidendragon75?

Thanks

I didn't mention tipouts because while customary and expected the rates paid out vary a lot. 10% sounds pretty generous to me...If that's what you tipout, they must love you! Can you imagine if all the girls tipped out like that?

Is it fair? Well, yes and no. Yes, because thats just the nature of the business and it helps out the support staff of the club. And I say no because the amount taken out of a dancers pocket just seems like a bit much. I know I wouldn't want more than half of my earnings taken away.
    - Jack Handey

- Jack Handey

Thanks

Lillithmorrigan-

I work at Stateline. If you are coming up and just want to work a couple of nights for spending cash while you're here, definitely try Stateline. If you want to work at Deja Vu, you need to get a license, which seems pretty pointless to me since you'll only be here for a week. For the most part, girls at my club are friendly and very cool.

Money at Stateline is OK....we have good days and bad days like any other club. For the most part, guys are very cheap compared to most places in the country, so you really have to hustle to get dances. Paris is right...stage tips suck. The stage fee is $35, plus $4 from every dance...but if you are on time and ready to go by the beginning of your shift, they take $10 off your stage fee. We don't have a house mom and you don't have to tip the managers. Tipping the DJ anywhere from $5-$30 is expected, depending on how well you do and how much you ask of him. I also tip the parking lot guy $4 and the bartender a few bucks (it's a juice bar, and yes, Hidendragon, we do have juice, and it's great!)

If you want to work a couple of shifts to see how you like it, just come talk to a manager. But, even in the summer, don't expect to bank....unfortunately money gets worse here every year. I travel to Montana or Vegas to make good money. =/

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SexyJess For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you so much. Turns out I'm not going thanks to having to come to the US to renew my visa. *sigh* So my boyfriend will be alone in a foreign country without me... >_> Mmmm, trust, Morrigan, Trust.

But I should be there next year.

Look like a woman
    Think like a man
    Act like a lady
    Work like a dog

- My Great Grandmother Bessie's Recipe for Success

Thanks

Awww, well, perhaps we will meet next year then.