Thread: One woman's U.S. identity information being used by 200+ illegal aliens.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Angry One woman's U.S. identity information being used by 200+ illegal aliens.

Her name is Audra Schmierer, and here are three links to her story. On the second and third links, you'll have to do a "find" on "Audra" or scroll down until you find the section with the info about her.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4176/is_20060117/ai_n16002316

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../11/sm.01.html

http://hipaablog.com/

So, the question which keeps running through my mind about this, is what legal/financial penalties should the politicians who currently hold office suffer for this problem? A problem which their own neglect at least partially helped to create.

After all, it's not like she has received much help from government agencies, other than the IRS cancelling her one-million-dollar tax bill - but this was on income which never should have been reported under her name in the first place, so it's not as though the IRS/federal government did jacks//t for her, if you really think about it.
    Last edited by PhaedrusZ; 06-17-2006 at 10:48 AM. Reason: corrected one link

Thanks

Default Re: One woman's U.S. identity information being used by 200+ illegal aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusZ
    So, the question which keeps running through my mind about this, is what legal/financial penalties should the politicians who currently hold office suffer for this problem? A problem which their own neglect at least partially helped to create.
    Death by hanging...I nominate you to coordinate the party.

Thanks

Default Re: One woman's U.S. identity information being used by 200+ illegal aliens.

A lot of non-immigrant identity theft is the responsibility of the government also.

But hey - look - listen - there are more important shit to talk about all night in Con-Gress like flag burning and gay marriage.

Thanks

They're just stealing the identities that Americans can't be bothered to steal...
    Idealism is fine, but as it approaches reality, the costs become prohibitive.

William F. Buckley, Jr.

Thanks

This congress is fucking Nero fiddling away in the night. I am so pissed off. I cannot wait until November where I can at least tap tap tap the untrackable Diebold voting machine and pretend I had something to do with what is going on in the country.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer
    They're just stealing the identities that Americans can't be bothered to steal...
    Maybe the good people in the House of Representatives and Senate who support doing nothing or increasing illegal immigration, plus George W. Bush, would be so kind as to post their Social Security and other goverment identification numbers, not to mention their bank and investment account numbers to a government website.

At least if the good Representatives, Senators and President would do this one small thing, the illegals would not have to bother average citizens, and our so-called "leaders" would finally be provided the perfect opportunity to lead by example.

Quote Originally Posted by Deogol
    ...I cannot wait until November where I can at least tap tap tap the untrackable Diebold voting machine and pretend I had something to do with what is going on in the country.
    If voting machines were required to be built with Open Source software, which you and other software engineers could audit, plus being required to produce a paper audit trail, there wouldn't be nearly as many problems re: electronic voting machines. Of course, there also wouldn't be nearly as much profit for Diebold & other companies which manufacture the machines.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deogol
    This congress is fucking Nero fiddling away in the night. I am so pissed off. I cannot wait until November where I can at least tap tap tap the untrackable Diebold voting machine and pretend I had something to do with what is going on in the country.
    They only gave us a little wheel and two buttons