Thread: The Lowdown on Los Angeles

AlexxaHex

Default The Lowdown on Los Angeles

Before I begin the long process of writing all of this out, I want to ask one of the mods to make this into a sticky. We seem to get a new thread about LA questions every other day and I think this should clarify things for the most part. Thanks in advance!

Ok, let's make one thing clear - Los Angeles, particularly Hollywood is probably the worst major city to strip in, money-wise and (most of the time) with lazy management. In fact, you will definitely make more money in San Francisco, Sacramento and any other city in California besides LA and it's surrounding areas. You'd probably make more money in some podunk town in the middle of Ohio. So if you are new to stripping or are considering a working vacation here, please consider that fact carefully. This seems to be the general consensus among every stripper I have talked to in LA, so I'm not just saying that because of a few crappy clubs or personal experiences.

If you're still with me and want to dance in LA, there are a few rumors that I will clear up for everyone:

1. You do not need a license to strip here.
    2. Hollywood is STRICTLY either full nude (without alcohol) or bikini (alcohol), the current exception being Star Garden in NoHo, where you can be topless within a certain area on the stage.
    3. All fully nude clubs in the area do not serve alcohol. There are some topless clubs that do, however, such as Sam's Hofbrau (downtown) and other places in the Valley or City of Industry.
    4. You do not have to be blonde, anorexic, tan (or "tanorexic"), augmented or tall to work in any club in LA. Almost all clubs, even upscale ones, accept women of all races (and usually) all sizes that are not considered gigantic. Yes, you can be black, latin, overweight, tattooed, pierced, flat chested, or whatever you THINK your hinderance is and still make decent money! Obviously, there is going to be a demand for different types of girls in different areas of the city(s) (for example, more Mexican customers frequent Van Nuys, City of Industry and downtown LA...and consequently, there are more white customers in Pasadena, Hollywood and West LA). The trick is finding the club where you fit in best, and where certain types and races will appreciate your style the most.
    5. The comments listed above are not discounting the importance of keeping up with your appearance, but to make a point that you can do whatever you set your mind to doing as long as you do your research and hustle.
    6. For the last time, Crazy Girls on La Brea (near Sunset) is closed.
    7. The more upscale clubs have ridiculously high tip outs, and usually you have to sell drinks. Please be forewarned.

For information about particular clubs, please use the search feature on this forum. You can type in the name of the club you are curious about, or just do a search for the city.
    Here is the link I found in a sticky for club reviews:

And lastly, no proper bit of advice would be complete without a link to . There are many reviews and club patron comments that have been extremely useful to us LA girls.

I hope this helps! If anyone has anything to add, please do so.
    Last edited by AlexxaHex; 07-09-2006 at 08:16 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: The Lowdown on Los Angeles

Thank you very much.. Well done!

Thanks

this should deffienetly be made into a sticky topic

Thanks

^^^^ seriously they should make LA/OC ..just CALIFORNIA in general an TOPIC !!!

I'm here to find information about clubs from dancers in SO CAL ONLY.. i'm not too interested about clubs out of california unless its vegas.. not to sound narrowminded or anything.

It is always good to meet other dancers from LA/OC area too.. though its good to work alone in the business, it doesnt hurt to have friends who are interested in the same thing you like to do such as dancing; that a few of my other friends don't approve of.

Also, as california, being one of the main tourists visits, having a MAIN topic on SW would make it so much easier to just locate the updates in your particular area without having to dig it out of the bunch.

AlexxaHex

Yeah it seems as though LA is second to Vegas with Club Chat questions, with Miami and Texas cities after that.
    Any mods reading this? Yay or Nay on the sticky?

Thanks

As for San Francisco, it is said to be the place for good money in the summer, but this summer was pretty lousy. Just left there about a week ago to check out other options. The best I did at the club I worked at was around $400-$500, but management takes a big chunk of it. Many days I left with minimum wage. This is pretty bad for this place because there have been occasional times in the past where I made $1000, $1200. S.F. cash flow is pretty irregular. I've left the club with anywhere from $17 to $1200.

Thanks

Alexxa I don't know if anyone will ever really "get" the lowdown on LA. They'll just start a new thread and we'll all say "hey you should do a search..."

AlexxaHex

Quote Originally Posted by BrookeBaden
    Alexxa I don't know if anyone will ever really "get" the lowdown on LA. They'll just start a new thread and we'll all say "hey you should do a search..."
    LOL probably, but it can't hurt to try!

Thanks

Alexa,

There are other topless clubs in the LA area, but mostly in the valley. Classy Lady, Candy Cat1&2, which are in Van Nuys, Chatsworth and Winnetka, respectilvely.

I work @ the Classy but it's been over 2 years and money is not as good as it was.