Thread: When Champagne rooms go wrong....

Thanks

Thumbs down When Champagne rooms go wrong....

Well, a girlfriend of mine tag team guys and it always **knocks on wood** works out very lucratively. So, we had this guy last night and we got him smashed and made a bunch of money and he offered us some more cash to do private dances at his hotel. (I know it could be dangerous but I've done many private parties and this guy was harmless, but thats off topic)

ANYWAY.

We tell him to take a cab because the club was closing to the nearest waffle house and we'll meet up there in about 30. We weren't expecting him to be there because we requested a ridiculous amount of money (almost 4 gs) yet he was there, trying to sober up.

So, I'm completely sober, my girl is a little buzzed and we tell him to get in my car because he was so trashed, he denies, get in his....

N When I say I never saw a motherfucker drive so horribly and so drunk I was sick to my stomach. This went on for about 2 minutes before he drove directly into somebodies yard, nearly totally a car and nearly smashing into a house. So I called the cops, made sure he was alright...

I feel horribly guilty becuase he made him drink so much and *shrugs* just a shitty shitty situation. I guess sometimes the money just isn't worth it.

Thanks

Default Re: When Champagne rooms go wrong....

I'm glad you are okay!

Never ever ever ride with someone who has been drinking. Even if they only had one drink. Even if they say they are sober. (personal experience).

Thanks

You should also be careful on the "getting him smashed" front. A number of states have "dram shop" liability laws, where establishments that knowingly serve alcohol to a someone who is drunk can be held legally liable for the damage that person causes while drunk. So even if you stayed at the club when he left, if he killed a child driving into that front lawn you could get caught up in a nasty legal position.

Thanks

Besides you should never get into a car with a stranger, harmless or not.

Glad you are ok... next time, follow in your own car.

Thanks

I am glad that you are ok....Please Never Ever get in a vehicle with someone you do not know.....Always if you are going to do "private" parties, either follow them or take a cab together, but not in a custys vehicle.
    Haley

Thanks

Sounds like you got a good wake up call. Just a friendly reminder from your guardian angel to be a little more careful next time

Thanks

I'd feel bad... but you don't know this guy's history. He denied being drunk and got behind the wheel. He could have 5 dui's or something.
    If you think school is hard, try being stupid.

Thanks

Oh no... I didn't get in the car with him, I was following him to his place. But thank you for your concern ladies...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by casaubon1
    You should also be careful on the "getting him smashed" front. A number of states have "dram shop" liability laws, where establishments that knowingly serve alcohol to a someone who is drunk can be held legally liable for the damage that person causes while drunk. So even if you stayed at the club when he left, if he killed a child driving into that front lawn you could get caught up in a nasty legal position.
    Yep. Texas has them and I'm ultra careful about how drunk my custies get.

God/dess
    Thanks

how could she be the one getting into trouble when she didn't serve the alcohol?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,563 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cynical

^^ New York also ... there have even been cases where the drunk driver has attempted to go back on the bar/club to share the cost of damages he caused by smashing into something while driving drunk !

tampafldancer

jesus.

Cally

Its like that here as well. Its actually illegal to serve someone until they are intoxicated so the law can come back and smack people in the face if someone gets in a car wreck, seeing as its also illegal to allow them to drive if they do hit intoxication.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoveSexMoney
    how could she be the one getting into trouble when she didn't serve the alcohol?
    I am no expert on dram shop laws, but I have some sense of how lawsuits work, so take this advice accordingly -- either the drunk or the victim of the drunk's action will want to go after the club and the owners, because that is where the money is. But the dancers would get involved, at a minimum, as witnesses to what happened in the club. I don't think very many dancers would be happy if they have to go out and hire counsel, give a deposition, and maybe even have to testify in a courtroon, even if they ultimately do not face liability themselves.

Thanks

well-- if the custy is wanting you bad enough to pay that amount, then you should offer another caveat, that he's not allowed to drive himself and must take a cab, otherwise no show.

Cally

^^^ In a lot of provinces/states to serve alcohol you need to take a course to become certified to serve. In this course you cover BAC for weight/height/build/sex etc... so you can have a rough idea on what a persons BAC is going to be for each person.

Thanks

I think it is a crock o' shit how if someone gets drunk and drives, they can come back to the bar and sue for damages they caused when drunk. I strongly feel that people should be held soley accountable for their OWN actions. If your planning on drinking, DON'T FUCKING DRIVE!!! It's as simple as that. I hate it when someone screws up they are always looking for someone else to blame for their actions. It's irresponsible. What ever happend to a little self control? Anyway, my two cents and I'm off the soap box. ***bowing out***

Thanks

Yes people have to be responsible, but so do liscensed establishments and they should cut people off if they are getting too drunk. I remember years ago as a waitress in a bar I had to take a 'Smart Serve' course and I didn't realise how strict the rules were.

Thanks

Sometimes you don't know how much they've had before they get there--I still bartend sometimes and when it's slammed, you have no idea how drunk the person you had a split-second contact with might be. Also, customers buy drinks for other customers and you may not have ANY contact with the drunkest person.

I've been known to cut off people who other people told me weren't drunk, just stupid and belligerent by nature--no loss.

But I have always made an effort not to get people who might be driving wasted. It's not just because I would feel awful (or get into legal trouble) if they got into an accident, but I don't enjoy wasted people.
    Blog:

Burlesque classes and info:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,704 Times in 2,126 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by Sinder
    I think it is a crock o' shit how if someone gets drunk and drives, they can come back to the bar and sue for damages they caused when drunk. I strongly feel that people should be held soley accountable for their OWN actions. If your planning on drinking, DON'T FUCKING DRIVE!!! It's as simple as that. I hate it when someone screws up they are always looking for someone else to blame for their actions. It's irresponsible. What ever happend to a little self control? Anyway, my two cents and I'm off the soap box. ***bowing out***
    I agree 100%.

Thanks

Cynical Lesson #1: Always get OTC money up front.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sinder
    Well, yeah, but why doesn't that apply to the bar and bartender too? Why does one person being responsible for her actions mean that someone else doesn't have to be responsible? It would seem weird to me if a bar is allowed to serve the drinks, and more importantly, take your money and then say "Who me?" Accountability runs in multiple directions.
    I have taught that the sky in all its zones is mortal and its substance was formed by a process of birth

Thanks

The views in this thread show well why these laws have been controversial. But just to play devil's advocate, imagine the mother of a child who was killed by a drunk driver. She finds out that the drunk was at a strip club, where he was encouraged to keep drinking because the club and the dancers hoped he would spend more money if he were more drunk. She would not easily be persuaded that those at the club who encouraged the drunk didn't have something to do with the actions afterwards.
    It's a tough issue.

For my 2 cents, it is good to see that so many dancers in this thread have emphasized how they are careful on this point.