Thread: NOT so private, private dance area

Thanks

Default NOT so private, private dance area

I have recently started at a very new club and I am pissed off about the so-called "private" dance area. It's totally not private. there are a few walls to apparently block the view but cheap-skates can sit along the side wall and just view someone else who is paying for the dance. its a full nudity club which makes it worse coz i dont think anyone should get to see it for free. I know everyone will just say leave and go somewhere else but aside from that the club is good. would it be worth mentioning to management? they think its safer to have the private dance area like that but i think thats just an excuse not to change it.

another issue is the so-called house rules.
    the week i started i was given the 3 page house-rules which said:
    - fully nude club, strictly no contact
    - no sitting on customers lap
    - breasts are not to touch customer in any way
    - no straddling customer
    - one leg must remain on the floor at all times

in the first night i saw every single girl who i saw giving a private dance break every single one of these rules - except the straddling.
    they all put their breasts in the customers face, all sat on his lap.

i am a bit disappoiinted coz its part of the reason i chose this club. i have no problems with nudity but i dont want to touch my breasts on a customers face.
    is this the norm? why do they give you these rules if they are not enforced?
    can i work at this club without doing this? i did not do it and it hasn't seemed to affect me but im thinking will customers see what the other girls do and then either not buy a dance or complain to me?

please help!

Thanks

Default Re: NOT so private, private dance area

Most places I have been to the single song "private dance" is only semi-private at best. Some places have had semi-private booths along the side wall. Others have had a separate room, but usually it's still just an open space with couches or padded benches lining the wall. The people on the main floor might not be able to see in the room, but the anyone else getting a dance can certainly see what else is going on around them. Still other places have the dances done right out on the main floor at one's table.

Yeah, the "free show" aspect does stink. I've seen customers go so far as to turn their chair completely around and just sit and watch. You'll always find some cheap jerks who just blatently stare without any intention of buying a dance for themselves later on.

However, one of the advantages of semi-private dance areas are customers can politely sneak a quick peak and see if the dancer does a style of dance which is appealing to him. How many dancers dislike it when a customer grabs their hips or tries to get them to move in a way that is not their dance style. I've always felt that you get the best dance when you just let a dancer so the dance she is comfortable doing. That being said, I prefer a slow sensual dance than an all out dry humping grind. Yeah, I've peaked (never stared) over into a private dance area from time to time to see if a dancer I may have been checking out on the floor fits my style. That way I won't waste a dancers time or my money on a dance that's not to my liking. If I find the right style, I'm much more likely to stay for additional songs. Kind of something to keep in mind. Many of the dancers I know who work in open dance areas like this know they are not only selling their dance to the customer they are with, but potentially selling a dance to their next customer as well.

VIP or champagne rooms are where customers need to go if they would like more privacy. Does your club have VIP rooms? Having the open dance areas could actually help you sell the privacy of the VIP. If the single-song dance area was completely private, there would be less of an incentive to spend the extra money for VIP.
    Last edited by verfolgung; 10-24-2006 at 06:39 AM.
    If you can't win. Make the fellow in front of you break the record.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaizaine
    ...i did not do it and it hasn't seemed to affect me ...
    This is the most important part of your post. If it hasn't seemed to effect you than don't worry about it. It's like dressing room drama, best to just ignore it and not let what others say and do effect your hustle.

You could try to complain to management if you thought it would make a difference; however, it's likely they already know about it and won't do much about it.

Just keep in mind that no dancer appeals to everyone. Certainly some appeal to a wider audiance than others, but no dancer will be able to sell to every customer. Whether it be looks, personality, dance style, contact or something else, the only thing that matters is that you find enough customers to make dancing finanically viable for you. Sure if you have a set of personal standards which may be different than what others are offering, you may loose some customers. So be it, as long as you find enough others who are willing to pay you and allow you to maintain your style. You shouldn't compromise yourself just to make a buck or else you'll quickly realise it's not worth it.

I have a dancer friend who works in a club with both a topless and all nude areas. She works in the topless areas; however, the club policy is that when a customer buys a champagne room, he is entitled to an all nude dance. She lets customers know up front that she will only dance topless. Do some guys turn her down? Sure. However, she knows there will always be another guy willing to let her give an amazing dance in the style that she is comfortable doing, and she's right. She consistently sells champagne rooms, and does not have to compromise her "topless only" rule.

One other thought - On the plus side, those rules prolly exist because of local laws and regulations. If you follow them, you'll be less likely to find yourself in trouble should LE decide to do a sting one day.
    If you can't win. Make the fellow in front of you break the record.

Thanks

thanks for your reply u have definately given me a different way to think about it.
    this is my first job and i was not sure what other clubs looked like except one other one that i went to where the private area was in a separate room with tinted windows - i liked this as u could see a bit of what was happening but not properly.
    so the one im working at is only the 2nd club ive ever been inside. i didn't work at the other one coz they were a bit more high contact.
    but i see your point about having a preview of the dance and if they think i dance well they might buy a dance so thanks for pointing that out. im very new to this and the first time was hard enough without the added stress of worrying about people watching for free. but i can see a more positive side to it now.
    i still don't get the thing about the rules though, i assumed they gave me a list of rules coz it was something that had to be abided by. maybe it's just their "offical" statement to make the place sound more classy.

Thanks

#1 Don't do anything you're not comfortable with. No amount of money can erase that icky feeling the next day.
    #2 Aside from issues directly affecting you (ie: problems w/ individual custies/ dancers) The management does not appreciate/ care about your opinion on how they should run their club.
    #3 Cheapskate pervs suck, but unless you want to confront them or make a big scene, there's not much you can do.
    #4 You already said the girls bend or break the rules out in the open. Do you think it would get much better if there were walls? Then you'd have to compete with more than just boobs in face/ lap sitting.

Thanks

yeh so true about it not being worth the money doing something im not comfortable with. thanks for the advise.

What the clubs rules are and what they enforce are usually different. They display rules according to the laws and enforce as little as possible. Dancers are the easiest ones to arrest in a bust because they are the one doing the physical act while the managers and owners claim that she was not following club policy. Some cities itis illegal for a private dance area so the clubs make it viewable at all times to get around this.