Thread: I don't want kids

Thanks

Default I don't want kids

Those of you who don't want kids, why not?

"You have demonic genius" -Naomi Wolf
    "I very much resent it when people - maybe with good intentions or from a progressive point of view - keep telling me, 'It's their culture' ... It's like saying the culture of Massachusetts is burning witches." -Azar Nafisi

Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 3,610 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Default Re: I don't want kids

I like the idea of having a husband and kids, a nice loving family. But i'm terrified of the possiblity of that breaking apart. I wouldn't want to be a single mother. So I lean more towards to no. I grew up with my parents having lots fights due to my dad's infedelity, so that scares me. Although i'd try to make a wise choice on who I would have kids with, the idea of the chance still scares me.

Thanks

TBD. I'm not putting the cart before the horse. I need a husband/donor.

Thanks

It would be too much for me, I am to selfish, too much responsibilty, I want to do things when I want too, go traveling when I feel like it. I don't want to have to take care of anyone else.

Featured Member
    Thanks

I'm simply not interested in being a parent. I think I'd actually be a decent one, I've hlped raise some of my friend's kids, but...there's too much to worry about.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,537 Times in 2,064 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

I'm on the fence. I feel like I'd be good at it, but when I want to be alone, I want to be alone!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Quote Originally Posted by 8eyespyder
    It would be too much for me, I am to selfish, too much responsibilty, I want to do things when I want too, go traveling when I feel like it. I don't want to have to take care of anyone else.

^^^^ Exactly.
    Kids....ugh. No thanks.
    When God was passing out the maternal instinct gene, I musta been in the bathroom or sumpthin.

God/dess
    Thanks

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. I'm ambitious and want to do things for ME. Could that change down the road? Sure...but I don't see if happening in the near future (for a long time, actually).

madmaxine

I got my fill of being motherly by subbing for my unfit mom.
    I have a very nice body that would be damaged by carrying a pregnancy.
    And now, Mother Nature has made it so I can't have any, which is fine by me.

eyeawry

Quote Originally Posted by lopaw
    ^^^^ Exactly.
    Kids....ugh. No thanks.
    When God was passing out the maternal instinct gene, I musta been in the bathroom or sumpthin.
    Same. I have no interest in having kids. I just don't like 'em, really. Never have.

Featured Member
    Thanks

I love other people's children. I love being able to hand off the kids to their real parents at the end of the day and go home to a quiet house full of lazy cats.

Thanks

Yeah, I think god missed me with the maternal instinct gene too. Really it might be genetic because my brother doesn't want them either. Kids annoy me. I like individual kids as people but I don't get all mushy when I see a baby. I have a dog that i love like a child and that's all I want. Also, the thought of having something growing inside of me freaks me out. That and its hard enough to keep in shape/stay in shape/not get stretch marks and I'm already 34. I'd probably look like shit if I had a kid. They are also expensive as hell to raise and I'd rather have a Ferrari. Guess I'm just selfish.

Thanks

To me, it seems that once you have kids, your entire life revolves around them. Which is not wrong, that's how it should be. Kids should be the number one priority in your life when you have them, that's just part of being a good parent. I'm simply not ready or willing to scoot all my dreams to the side in order to make a child my number one. Not right now. Maybe in 10 years, after I've had more time to live out my dreams. And then, I don't see myself as a breeder. I think it's wrong to have a huge family when the world is already veering towards overpopulation, and there are orphans in need all over the world. I'd have one kid of my own, and then adopt.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 423 Posts

This is exactly how I feel too. I want to do what I want when I want. I used to think I didn't ever want kids, but now I'm undecided. If I ever do have kids, I only want 2 at the very most. I grew up as the oldest child with 4 younger siblings and I think that had something to do with it. I had a lot of responsibilities at a fairly young age and I was always watching my younger brothers, changing their diapers, cleaning the house, etc.

...hehehe... email me to ask me where i am ! (i dare you!)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LilSweetVixen
    Those of you who don't want kids, why not?
    Because the world doesn't need me to produce more off-spring. How many billions of people are there in the world and this number is always increasing?!?!

I do not have children because of environmental reasons. I feel that by not having children I help to lighten the load that is already destressing this planet as it is.

The animals require more "mothers" and "fathers" than humans. I have always wanted to be a full time native wildlife rehabilitator. It is why I am doing what I do... I want to be able to get to a point in my life where I no longer have to work for money... I get a nice amount of money each week/month from my investments (property, business and off-shore investments)....

Having children has never been a part of my lifelong plans.

There are plenty enough children/humans on this planet. It doens't need me to produce any more. I don't see the point personally.

edit to add: I did an early childcare and education course the first year I was out of high school... I was exposed to children under the age of 5 and whilst I find them facinating (sp?) and know how to deal with them thanks to the course (taught me neat little tricks to use as such) I just look at all the people who are mothers and I just do NOT envy them. I realised back then being around all those young children and babies that I would make a killer Aunty yet a poor mother. I just don't have the patience for them.

I have always preferred to surround myself with animals than babies. I'm near 30 and no my mind has been made up since I was 15... was re-inforced when I did that course at age 18/19... and will NOT change.

enter: E3167322D9 for your 10% discount

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lopaw
    ^^^^ Exactly.
    Kids....ugh. No thanks.
    LOL! This is exactly how I feel!
    I have many words that act as my birth control, but vaginal tearing and puberty are my biggest two.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

1) I dislike children.

2) I dislike the idea of pregnancy.

3) I think I would be a terrible parent.

4) I'm not unselfish enough to sacrifice my life for a person who wouldn't even be here if not for my deliberately creating them (or any person, for that matter).

5) Cats are cuter.

6) Did I mention hating children?

7) There are plenty of unwanted children in the world, I don't understand why people don't simply adopt one of them instead of adding to the overpopulation problem.

Thanks

Why need a reason?

If someone said they didn't like spiders, people would understand.

I don't like babies.

Look like a woman
    Think like a man
    Act like a lady
    Work like a dog

- My Great Grandmother Bessie's Recipe for Success

Thanks

^^you don't like spiders?!