Thread: doing better today,got a job kinda.....

Featured Member
    Thanks

Default doing better today,got a job kinda.....

A few weeks ago,like right before I had Azaia I posted an ad on Craigslist to clean houses for $75 per cleaning for "this week only" If they use me this week,they can keep me and the price never goes up as long as they keep me. (Ive had the same post up for like a month. lol, but people jump on it!) So far I got 3 guys waiting for a cleaning. Works out cuz Azaia can come with me and she sleeps while I clean, ahrie stays here with dad. So even though its not stripper money, I guess Im good at cleaning,so it works for me until I can dance again.

I gotta go to court (u guys know the mess shawn got me into) I wasnt really guilty but i pleaded guilty anyways because a lawyer and trial was too much for me.so they put me on pre trial diversion instead of jail since i have a clean record. with PTD i had to take a theft prevention class,pay that fee, avoid drugs and alcohol (which i dont do anyway,so i passed that test) and do so many hours community service which i chose to buy out of since i didnt have a car, plus pay program fees. Well I did all I could but still owe $375 out of the $600 somethin I had to pay altogether. They gave me an extension on the PTD (was only supposed to be 90 days) and I still wasnt able to pay because I had quit working due to pregnancy,and still had to come up with rent money (i got evicted eventually) ANYWAYS....they said if I pay the rest of the money one week prior to my court date on Dec. 4th, court would be canceled. Well that couldnt happen. SO im going to court Dec. 4th and Im PRAYING the judge will give me one more chance since Im a new BREASTFEEDING mom. What do you guys think? If I remember correctly,we're not really supposed to talk to the judge, the public defense guy does that. SO if I get a chance Im gonna explain that I couldnt work due to prego and that I promise to make the money if he gives me another chance. Pray that it goes well for me. I WILL break out of jail; if they give me time away from my baby who needs me to eat!!!! oooohhhhh!

BrunetteGoddess

Default Re: doing better today,got a job kinda.....

At least you're getting clients.

And don't feel alone; I'm in a diversion program as well. As long as you do what your told and pay your fees, you'll be fine. If you have a problem, talk to your probation office right away and always be totally honest with them. Good luck!

Thanks

You may want to mention that you are starting work cleaning houses now and that you are a breastfeeding mom.

Contrary to popular beliefs...judges don't like throwing everyone in jail. If you completed everything and just need some additional time, chances are he'll give it to you. Just go in positive and you CAN speak with the judge...you just say, "Your honor, may I say something?" if you feel that your PD is not making your case...or if you feel that you can add something that was left out.

I wish you much luck.

Featured Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CorsicaFire View Post
    At least you're getting clients.

And don't feel alone; I'm in a diversion program as well. As long as you do what your told and pay your fees, you'll be fine. If you have a problem, talk to your probation office right away and always be totally honest with them. Good luck!
    I did what i was told...just couldnt pay my fees on time. owe 375. chances r if he dont put me in jail, he'll make me pay like 700 better than jail!

thanx guys ......

Featured Member
    Thanks

This guy is trying to lower my $75 for a 2br 2 bath house. he wants me there one day a week so i said ok 75 a week. then he said maybe 2 days a week. i said ok maybe 40/cleaning...which i could lower...right?
    but still 75 for one day a week cleaning a big house is fair to me. plus im traveling to the next city and using my own supplies. and he thinks im rediculous? am i?

Thanks

Ummmm...we pay $100/wk for someone to clean our house. But, we have a 2400 sq. foot home...3 bedrooms 3 1/2 baths...

I think you're reasonable.

BrunetteGoddess

No kidding, don't let him take advantage of you. Don't lower it.

Thanks

that guy sounds like he wants to low ball you. My mom paid her cleaning lady $40 for the day but she only stayed a few hours and cleaned part of the house and she was an older lady who couldn't work too fast and didn't have to drive far to do the cleaning like you have to AND that was a whlie ago. Sounds like he's not worth working for if he's only wanting to pay you $40 per day to clean a house that you have to drive to the next town to clean.

Featured Member
    Thanks

Yeah, another guy i clean for said its bull that hes tryin to use such a good cleaner (yay!) and that once he checks around, he'll prolly call me back anyway. i should tell the creep NOPE!

Thanks

Heh, in Australia, house cleaners are $30 an hour. I was floored when I discovered this while searching around for good prices to charge my inlaws when they asked me to do it for them.

That being said, you're more than reasonable.

Look like a woman
    Think like a man
    Act like a lady
    Work like a dog

- My Great Grandmother Bessie's Recipe for Success

Thanks

Just spoke with my mom. She used to pay $70 a week for her cleaning lady. She had a small 950 sq. ft 2 bed/1 bath home.--and this was a year ago...

Don't go bargaining on your prices. You charge what you charge and if people are willing to pay it, they will. You will get your best and most reliable business by word of mouth. When someone likes what you do, they'll recommend you. If you start allowing people to low-ball you just so you can make some money, you'll get the whole, "Well, you charged my friend only x dollars to clean his house and his house is bigger than my house, so I should only have to pay 1/2 that..." or whatever. Be reasonable (which you are being) and be fair to you. Make sure that if the house is bigger, you are charging more. Have a list of things that you NORMALLY do on your housecleaning. If someone wants something done in addition to that other stuff...you charge more for it. Your time is money here...don't cut yourself short.

Featured Member
    Thanks

What did your moms cleaner NORMALLY do? I just say Ill do whatever needs done. Yeah, can u tell Im desperate to go shopping? LOL

But good news,Azaia only woke up one time last night at 2:30am. Might be back in the club soon if she keeps that up! She had a busy day yesterday though...so I know what I gotta do!

Thanks

They washed the floors, cleaned all surfaces, really (toilets, tubs, sinks, wiped down appliances, dusted, vacuumed, cleaned the mirrors, windows, etc). Once a month, they would wipe down (wash) the walls.

Extra stuff was considered picking things up and putting them away (like a bunch of clothes on the floor...boxes, papers, whatever...if it was laying out and they had to pick it up and put it away for you, they charged you). If the house is really dirty (like massive scrubbing needed in the tub, toilets, stoves, etc) then they charged extra to do that. They told my mom about one guy's house...took them 45 minutes to clean the bathroom...ewwwwwww....

Thanks

My mom and dad live in a pretty big 4br 3ba house and they pay $80 1x per week for their cleaning lady to come and do all the basic surface cleaning, like VG said. Laundry, dishes and things like that are extra. She brings her own supplies. Except the vacuum, broom and mop. I think she uses my parents'. But she provides the rags, buckets and detergents, wood polish, etc.

Do not let him talk you down from what your services are worth. Customers like that are rarely worth trying to keep. Eventually, he may find something to commplain about and refuse to pay, etc. Be frim and be confident that your services are worth $x.xx.

Good luck!!

(just click to donate FREE food to those in need...REALLY!)

Thanks

I'd pay somebody $80 for the day to clean my apartment, especially the toilet. ewww! I can't stand cleaning the toilet. I think that's reasonable and I live in a 1/2 double.

Featured Member
    Thanks

he hasnt emailed me back in 2 days. so what.jerk.

thanks guys