Thread: Just starting out....waitressing at a "high end" strip club????

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Default Just starting out....waitressing at a "high end" strip club????

First i'd like to say THANK YOU to the ladies who created this site and the people who keep it running... ive been up all night searching through posts and there is soooo much useful info on here!!!

Now for my question:
    I dont have the desire to strip, but i am interested in waitressing at a strip club... should i go for the higher end clubs as i dont need to have talent for the job?

I've heard the big deal clubs arent a good idea for a stripper starting out, and im wondering if the same is true for the wait staff.

Also, for women who have waitressed how much money should i expect (of course given a positive attitude and actually doing my job right ) ?

I have a good 9-5pm job and am basically considering taking this on to supplement my income. I've also considered working the door...

Thanks in advance!

The middle of a field in the south texas countryside...
    Thanks

Default Re: Just starting out....waitressing at a "high end" strip club????

It may have just been the club I tried but I tried waitressin - after a few shifts I was about to go crazy. I dont mean to be negative - but it sucked horribly. Like...real bad. Theres a couplea posts on here from that time about it. *shivers thinking about the 3 terrible nights spent waitressing* I'm sure its different when you get the hang of it. Alot of waitresses end up seein how much money the dancers make and make the plunge. Im not makin alotta sense for some reason....my advice about it wouldnt be helpful...but good luck anyway!

Thanks

I wouldn't advise it. Yeah sure you can make tips but you will have to put up with probably more shit from customers than us dancers do in a night and you can't walk away like we can!
    I notice a lot that customers are rude to our waitresses and they harass them - ask them out, comment on their bodies and say that they should strip, offer them money to strip (I think they get off thinking they could convert a waitress into a stripper) and these poor girls still have to act friendly and accommodating to this drunk losers.
    I would advise you to get a waitressing job at a normal night club rather than a SC but if you have your heart set on it then probably try a higher end club as they are nicer and the patrons tend to have more money.
    I have no idea sorry how much you would make.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaizaine View Post
    I wouldn't advise it. Yeah sure you can make tips but you will have to put up with probably more shit from customers than us dancers do in a night and you can't walk away like we can!
    I notice a lot that customers are rude to our waitresses and they harass them - ask them out, comment on their bodies and say that they should strip, offer them money to strip (I think they get off thinking they could convert a waitress into a stripper) and these poor girls still have to act friendly and accommodating to this drunk losers.

You are so right about this. I'm a waitress at a high end club, and the things i have to put up with are ridiculous. I get asked out constantly, groped, looked at like a slab of meat, and i've had a customer ask for a hug then force his tongue in my mouth. I love my job, but you need to be prepared for anything.
    I also don't make much money, honestly. I'm transitioning into becoming a dancer because of this.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,721 Times in 10,184 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

There are some good ideas in the thread in this section, "Is working in a restaraunt that terrible"?
    Characterize people by their actions, & you'll never be fooled by their words.

Thanks

IDK, I waitressed and shotgirled in a SC before I started dancing and had quite a bit of fun and made pretty good money. But I ended up dancing within 3 months.

Lola Rose

I know that some of the waitress by me do VERY well, and some don't. They need to be hustlers just like we do. If you can sell bottles, you can make a lot.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Yep. There are waitresses at my club that make more than the girls, because they work with girls on tabs. When they get a tab, they know who can make the guys spend and also tip them. There are a couple of girls that make guys tip them a few grand on a regular basis on their credit cards. When the bill comes, they also hustle a 20% tip for the waitress. But the waitress also helps to hustle VIPs and tips for them. So best advice, make friends with the dancers.

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vagetarian View Post
    You are so right about this. I'm a waitress at a high end club, and the things i have to put up with are ridiculous. I get asked out constantly, groped, looked at like a slab of meat, and i've had a customer ask for a hug then force his tongue in my mouth. I love my job, but you need to be prepared for anything.
    I also don't make much money, honestly. I'm transitioning into becoming a dancer because of this.
    Yeah, waitressing can be worse customer-wise .. I'm not sure why. Although the place I USED to waitress at was not what I would consider high-end, I will give my feedback on it. It sucked. Money was rarely good. I would have made better money waitressing at IHOP. I stayed bc they let me work door sometimes and honestly I made better tips at the door, and got paid more by the hour!! I personally think the reason I did poorly is bc it was BYOB, an all nude club, and all we had was a juice bar. So as far as waitressing, all I did was put ice over their beer in buckets and clean up their tables when they were done... so it's understandable that I didn't get much tip there.. Places with actual bars have been much more lucrative for me.. I'm gonna say avg. around $250 or so... most I ever made was $500... but this isn't the case for all the waitresses, it depends on your looks, your personality (HUGE), and who you know...like if you are good w/ setting up the dancers, and if you have your own 'regulars' ya know?

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LatinaRose View Post
    IDK, I waitressed and shotgirled in a SC before I started dancing and had quite a bit of fun and made pretty good money. But I ended up dancing within 3 months.
    I saw it on here somewhere before...
    What's the difference between a cocktail waitress and a stripper?
    A month.

Thanks

The waitresses at my club are all happy with their job and they make really good money. I think it depends on the club. Some dancers have actually switched to waitressing believe it or not.

Thanks

As a former waitress in a high end bar, I am a bit offended that you say you don't have to have talent to waitress in a busy, expensive place. Nine out of ten people would leave the place I worked at in tears because they couldn't deal with it. Being a good waitress takes talent, and if you're going to go into a job thinking it's some bull shit fuck off monkey position, you are in for a rude awakening.
    Sexy Jasmine after getting fucked over at work:

God loves strippers and when guys do things like that its an automatic ticket to HELL!

Quote Originally Posted by anomar View Post
    Perhaps you stopped spending money on her. Strippers need money to operate. They are like coin operated juke-boxes of love.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPrincess View Post
    As a former waitress in a high end bar, I am a bit offended that you say you don't have to have talent to waitress in a busy, expensive place. Nine out of ten people would leave the place I worked at in tears because they couldn't deal with it. Being a good waitress takes talent, and if you're going to go into a job thinking it's some bull shit fuck off monkey position, you are in for a rude awakening.