I thought it would be nice if we vetran dancers could post a thread giving our suggestions on keeping newbies safe and on track at work. My tips are:
1. Customers, unfortunately, are not your friends and you can't trust them. While most customers are nice, there are a lot of sick fuckers out there who want to do bad things to you. A lot of girls think they'll be able to pick out the bad apples, but if that were true, nothing bad would happen to anyone. That said.....
2. Always watch your drink. Never let it out of your sight. I put my drink on stage with me where nobody could ever reach it. I also fake like I'm stirring my drink to keep my hand over it. Or, I put it down by my feet, on the opposite side of the guy I'm sitting with.
3. Never go anywhere with a customer Outside The Club. I admit, I do live in Las Vegas and I feel safe getting paid to go gamble or go to dinner in a casino with guys, because what are they really going to do to me in front of 50000 people, but that is a special situation. NEVER BE IN A PRIVATE HOME WITH A CUSTOMER EVER
4. Don't let anybody do anything or say anything to you that makes you uncomfortable. There is always someone else to make money off of, or there is always tommorow nite. Don't let people treat you badly.
5. NEVER TELL ANYONE WHAT KIND OF CAR YOU DRIVE, YOUR REAL FIRST NAME OR LAST NAME, YOUR REAL BIRTHDAY, THE GENERAL AREA YOU LIVE IN, OR ANY DETAILS ABOUT WHERE YOU HANG OUT. don't tell these things about other girls either. If you feel bad about not giving out personal info, memorize a set of fake personal info and recite that. I knew a girl who got stalked by a custie because all she told him was her real first name and her birthday and he knew she was from Milwaukee. He was able to hunt her ass down. It's amazing what people can do with technology.
Please add some safety tips ladies and feel free to comment.