Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Safety Tips For Newbies

Featured Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Safety Tips For Newbies

Even a tire iron, one of my best friends had one under her car seat - she even had a name for the blasted thing. " Sleepy time" Haha.

Also, trust your instincts. Usually they are right on. If something feels weird or not right, it's not.

Another thing, rings. Even the big, gaudy fake ones. Turn it around so that the large part is inside your palm. One good slap with that and you can get away..

Dear God plz send money to Oregon K luv you bye
    Thanks

Wow thank you all so much! This was really helpful.

Curious Guest
    Thanks

these phones are awesome! i totally second this recommendation

Thanks

-Start saving immediately for an "emergency fund." The best advice I ever got is: as soon as you start dancing, try to save 3 months worth of bills. For example, take what you'd pay for rent, utilities, credit cards, food, gas during a whole month and multiply it by three. The reason for this is, obviously we work with our bodies; they are our money-making machines. If the machine is broke, there is no money to be made. You'd be surprised at how easy it is to sprain and ankle (a MINOR injury compared to others).
    Happened to me twice while dancing, and I was unable to return back to work for a month. Even when I returned, I had to dance barefoot before my ankle would support me in heels again. Without any fall-back "emergency" money, an injury can be a financial mess. Three months worth of bills saved up gives you ample time to recover from many illnesses/injuries without sweating about your finances.

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kaiyla For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^^^

Thats what I do. I want a BA badly...and I have enough money...but I'm not going to until I have double that saved....because you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseWhite View Post
    Boner Man, Boner Man,
    Here comes Sweatpant Boner Man,
    Getting some love the only way he can -
    Boner Man.

Thanks

i had to post on this one, ive never posted before but this is an important thread

if you have to walk to your car (like if theres no parking lot like in the french quarter)
    keep your garter with your money on your leg. then put your street clothes on over it. keep only 20 bucks on you in your purse/pocket.
    theres safety in numbers, leave the club in a group or have a friend meet you there.
    call your club when you get in your car and out of the lot and let them know youre safe.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Giapink For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^^^ Dude, you have to walk to your car alone? What about the bouncers? And your club doesn't give you a place to park?

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Another thing I'd think - though I've fortunately never had to make this analysis in real-time, but I prefer to think about it ahead of time, is that if threatened by a cab driver / other driver... someone who looks like he wants to take you where HE wants instead of where YOU want, you're almost certainly better off having an accident instead.

If at all possible, I'd grab the steering wheel (or yank the handbrake to cause a read-ending, etc) at an unexpected time and cause the accident. Obviously not at 100 miles/hour and ideally at a point where you're less likely to get hurt than him, but at SOME POINT, the speed will go down and the occasion will be right. Ideally in a populated area. But let's face it, as long as you succeed in screwing up the car beyond normal driving possibilities in a reasonably well-travelled area, you're much likely to be better off than the alternatives, at least in my opinion of the alternatives.

I feel safer sitting in front with the driver, generally. From the back, though, a good eye-poke or similar move would probably still do the trick. After all, he can't really keep on driving very well while you're busting up his head.

I like making a visible show of noting the the cab's licence number, when I take one in unusual way / unknown company / etc. If you don't have anyone with you to take the piece of paper, call home on a cellphone (they're worth it!) and leave it on your home voice mail, in a way obvious enough for the cab driver to hear. To get really paranoid, start with the licence plate before you get too close, then as you get closer a description of the driver, then tell him where you're going while the phone is still on. If you were to disappear, your voice mail is one of the "obvious" places where someone would look. Make sure that it's an answering machine, not a phone company provided one that you could be forced to erase remotely. You don't WANT to be able to erase it, no matter what. Then tell the driverthat it's not because you don't trust HIM, it's because you make it a policy to do that ever since a friend of yours disappeared in a similar way, and ask him to please not be offended. I've never had anyone not understand, or at least visibly get annoyed.

I figure I've probably ridden with psycho cab drivers (judging by the way they drive!), but I've never had one try anything fancy on me. The way I look at it, psychos who know that they've very likely to get caught (not in general - I think that that's often what they want, but THIS TIME) will pass up the opportunity and put on their "normal" act. And when it's all said and done, I'm not volunteering to be the one in pieces in the dumpster.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow2 View Post
    Even a tire iron, one of my best friends had one under her car seat - she even had a name for the blasted thing. " Sleepy time" Haha.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Clara_M For This Useful Post:

Thanks

my club is in the french quarter, theres parking garages but nowhere to park at the club. we all park in the same garage though. and i do get walked by a bouncer but pulling oout of the garage with my window down after paying or just coming out of the garage. my money doesnt come off my leg til i get home

Featured Member
    Thanks

Always put back somewhere, on your person or in your car at least forty dollars.

I know it's not much but it can be cab fare somewhere if an emergency arises.

Thanks

how do you all keep your money in your garter exactly? isn't it kinda weird to dance with money you earned earlier still in there?
    ~ Divine ~

Thanks

I either let it be where it is when ppl put it in, or if I have a ton stack it together put it in the garter, flip it over so it's doubled up with the garter in the loop and rubber band it so it doesnt flap around. Or I jut put most of it in my purse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    I just got hollered at by a CUTE guy, at dusk, in my car, in gym attire and hair. Word?
    Picaresque is the shit, I loooooves her!!!

Disclaimer - I DO NOT EDIT MY COMMENTS
    It hate to re-read things I write

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roulette For This Useful Post:

Thanks

These are great tips, but I'd like to add to some of them:
    (Not only good for dancers, but for anyone)

-If by some chance your eyes wander away from your drink, even for a second, just buy another one. It's better to spend a few extra bucks than to have something terrible happen.

-If you're ever pulled over by a cop, DO NOT roll your window down more than a few inches. Also remember: You do have the right to see a badge. You have the right to ask if he may follow your car to a well lit area like a service station before stepping out. Any cop in an unmarked car may be asked to call another cop in a marked car to arrive before you step out of your vehicle. You can say 'no' to a pat-down if you're not comfortable.

-If you ride in a cab, and you have even a slight suspicion of the driver, DO NOT let him take you home. You can go to a hotel or another 24/7 establishment and find another cab home. If you live within a SAFE walking-distance of such an establishment, it'd be best to just walk home from there once the driver leaves. Also, it may help to have a friend who understands your situation and wouldn't mind if you came to their place and stayed for the night if you feel unsafe on your way home.

-If by some chance you find yourself in a bad situation with someone who may cause you harm, RUN! Never run into alleys or wooded areas (if you're on the highway) unless you know a way out. Run in a serpentine pattern in case this person has a gun; This lowers the gunman's chance of getting a shot.

-If you walk to your car by yourself, and you notice a SUV or a van with it's large door parked next to your driver-side door, go in through the passenger door. Many women are abducted getting into their cars, even in daylight.

-This is probably a no-brainer, but if your car has one of those keyring things to unlock your car from a distance, use it once your close to your car so you don't have to fumble with the lock. LOCK YOUR CAR AS SOON AS YOUR INSIDE!

-If you are followed home and someone makes it inside while you're there, KILL THE FUCKER... or at least shoot out his knee-caps. No joke. If any intruder is in your home, anything you do is considered self-defense.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 2kvlt4u For This Useful Post:

Thanks

find a driver that is trust worthy and tell him that you will give him regular bizness same time every day

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Giapink View Post
    i had to post on this one, ive never posted before but this is an important thread

if you have to walk to your car (like if theres no parking lot like in the french quarter)
    keep your garter with your money on your leg. then put your street clothes on over it. keep only 20 bucks on you in your purse/pocket.
    theres safety in numbers, leave the club in a group or have a friend meet you there.
    call your club when you get in your car and out of the lot and let them know youre safe.
    Be careful wearing your garter when you leave the club if you live in Atlanta. It's considered prostitution, even if you're not doing anything. Simply wearing a garter with money on it OTC, even in street clothes, even if you're driving home and doing nothing suspicious, it's considered prostitution. A very stupid law IMO! I still wear a garter anyway, I wear one of those arm garters, secure my money on it and have the money on the under side of my arm, I don't feel safe having a large amount of money in my purse. But thought I'd let the Atlanta girls know about this dumb law and to be careful if you do wear a garter with money on it when leaving the club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan Wayward View Post
    I only get horny when I've tucked a few benjamins in my thong; it's a money fetish.."

21. The Following User Says Thank You to leogirl876 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

there are weirdos out there who steal cell phone batteries. it's happened to me. watch your purse.

like others said, trust your instincts!!

oh yeah, and doormen can be assholes. waitresses too, depending where you work and how the pay works (credit cards, etc.). they try to steal your tips at some places. you could get into drama if you don't tip, but i don't tip if i don't feel like anyone merits a tip. i went to this one club and it seemed like you had to tip everyone, whereas other places i worked no one tipped anyone. every club is different.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to oh.maya.gosh For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2kvlt4u View Post
    These are great tips, but I'd like to add to some of them:
    (Not only good for dancers, but for anyone)

-If you are followed home and someone makes it inside while you're there, KILL THE FUCKER... or at least shoot out his knee-caps. No joke. If any intruder is in your home, anything you do is considered self-defense.
    As a gun owner and in a state where it's legal to kill anyone who enters your house without permission, don't bother with shooting out kneecaps. When you're faced with a terrifying situation (Like someone you don't know in your house), your "fight or flight" instinct kicks in. People who do not regularly practice with a firearm should not try shooting out anyone's kneecaps or any specific area of the body. Just kill the bastard. The cops will understand. And as my fiance says, "Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6."

25. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Crys For This Useful Post:

Thanks

As for a questionable cabby, can't you have the bouncer write down the guy's number in an obvious way before sending you off?

And now for paranoia: has anyone had any trouble with the bouncer who's bringing you to your car? Do you tip him for that? How much?

Don't most clubs let you leave through the kitchen or another employees-only type of door?

What exactly are people feeling comfy leaving in the locker? I guess just street clothes and ID?
    "Don't piss off a motivated stripper."

27. The Following User Says Thank You to CuriousSeeker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well, how about this...

If you post pictures of yourself... make sure you don't pose in front of or around anything that may look familar to someone. Even if you don't live in that area, I believe that I was able to identify plently of locals that people have said was their home town.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Divalicious For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This is awesome. Thanks. I am fairly new to the business. It is hard to get someone to help you and take you serious sometimes.

Thank you so much!

Thanks

[quote=CuriousSeeker;1412494]
    And now for paranoia: has anyone had any trouble with the bouncer who's bringing you to your car? Do you tip him for that? How much?

This is my MOST important tip of the night. I tip $5 every night. Alot of girls are bothered by the 'walkers'. I take the lazy ones by the arm and chit chat with them to make sure I get walked ALL the way to my car, not the general area for a 'watch you from here' deal.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gabrielle MB For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I just wanted to say that this was a great thread. Very informative and helpfull for me as a newbie to the biz.

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Wow. Excellent thread! I'm considering auditioning at a club when I move back home in a few months and I'm so glad I found this thread sooner than later!

Quote Originally Posted by JettaNyx View Post
    i wanna add one i've expirenced myself (as the stalker...due to coincidence)...make sure your car is descrete. i know its fun to have alot of bummper stickers or detailing but remember that makes your car stand out..they'll recognize it from the club & maybe wait to see whos it is.
    A question: Is a personalized licensed plate too distinct? It's not my name or anything(it's actually the shortened Japanese title of an anime show) but is it still too stand-outish?

Thanks

^^^^

Yes, definitely no personalized plates....
    Sexy Jasmine after getting fucked over at work:

God loves strippers and when guys do things like that its an automatic ticket to HELL!

Quote Originally Posted by anomar View Post
    Perhaps you stopped spending money on her. Strippers need money to operate. They are like coin operated juke-boxes of love.

Thanks

this thread is making me more and more paranoid!!!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Victoryx0x0 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast