Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Safety Tips For Newbies

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,701 Times in 1,713 Posts

Default Re: Safety Tips For Newbies

If in doubt, throw him out. If a guy makes you uncomfortable, TELL SOMEONE. Don't just brush it off.

Don't be afraid to be firm or rude if necessary. When I first started, I was pretty meek and I got taken advantage of fairly frequently.

Don't put money in your mouth or in the front of your thong! It's filthy and the guys giving it to you may not wash their hands when they go to the washroom.http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...d27396&k=76062

Absolutely never do anything you are not 100% comfortable with. If it feels bad in your guts, move on.

Thanks

Firstly, I can admit when I was new, I screwed up on a few of these things...HOWEVER its in the past and its not worth keeping myself up at night now thinking about that one dude I talked about my car with 6 months ago. Realistically, the chances of anything happening to you for breaking one of these rules is low...JUST DONT DO IT AGAIN! It's not worth the risk, but its not worth staying up at night now either.

Another thing though, locate your keys before you go out to your car. At my club there's this one prick bouncer, who not only will just watch you from across the lot, but once I was having difficulty finding my keys and he just got frustrated waiting and left me out in the lot by myself.

Also, I know this isn't entirely in regards to safety in the same sense, but warm up before work! I say this now, as I'm missing a night of work while I have less than $20 in my account and a badly pulled side muscle.

I didn't know the "fake info" thing was common...and here I was thinking I was really clever. I have a typical girls name (my real name is actually uncommon) that I instantly tell custies when they push for my real name. To make it sound more real, I make them promise not to tell anybody and say that I normally don't but I like them or something...and then they feel all flattered.

Finally, if you know personal information about another girl, regardless of how likely it is she can get tracked down by it, or whatever, keep it to yourself. Sometimes in conversation with custies it can be easy to let a dumb bimbo comment out that should be kept to yourself.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wintre For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

i'm going to chime in here.

with cell phones, turn it off at work!!! you are there to work. it's more important to keep it working when you are driving home.
    Last edited by alice_island; 09-01-2011 at 03:01 AM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alice_island For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Random tip. I have short hair and am very recognizable OTC because of it. So I went and bought a wig when I started back dancing. I wear it to and from work and only put it on and take it off at home. So while in public I don't have creeps tryin to talk to me cause I'm that stripper from Derrieres. Especially in these summer months...working at the beach can be frustrating in the summer. Great money...but damn the crazies!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaniMBSC For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Also....always always always check your backseat before you get in your car. You don't know who could be waiting on you.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaniMBSC For This Useful Post:

Thanks

*whew* It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one that's paranoid. Great thread. I need to get an answering machine...

~K

Veteran Member Christyismyalias's Avatar
    Thanks

God how I wish there was something like this when I started dancing!!! I made ALL the mistakes in the book... I fell hard into the lifestyle.. Drinking (every day + underage), drugs (which led to addictions), being out of my mind on booze/substances 24/7 and doing God knows what half the time, sleazy ass bastard photographers, hanging out with dancers who only helped me further down the black hole, partying with anyone, being trusting of EVERYONE, being taken advantage of on SO MANY occasions, being completely naive and ignorant and THE perfect target, not saving (ANY) money... I could go on forever.
    It takes a lot of time and pain to learn and heal from those things, save yourself the trouble and take these girls' advice!! I beg you.
    This business is genius when treated properly. You can put your life on a one way track to success. But it's easy to do the opposite. Don't let yourself get dragged into the "lifestyle" associated with stripping, b/c the negativity is everywhere and it can drag even the strongest person down!

Girls, READ THIS THREAD and live by it. Dancing is a dangerous world and many times you are emotionally unstable when you get into the business (I am sorry to say it, it is often true). This leads you into danger, especially when you are young and impressionable (and you are, even when you think you know it all). Until you know what you are getting yourself into every night and really understand what people are capable of, you have to take everything with caution. SO MANY people are predators just waiting to take advantage of the girl who doesn't know any better or is fucked up in one way or another (meaning drugs or mentally/emotionally).
    We can not stress enough how important being sober is with this job, you will save yourself SO MANY mistakes that you WILL regret later in life.
    ***Dont sacrifice your MORALS, EVER!!! You will go much further in this business if you can sleep at night knowing you stuck to your guns on your rules and YOUR body***

***IF YOU CAN'T DO THE JOB SOBER, YOU CAN'T DO THE JOB!***

And one more, in regards to your lifestyle outside of dancing..
    ***SEX is not LOVE*** <~ I wish someone had told me this before I made so many of my mistakes. I slept with people because I needed love and was stupid and thought they were one in the same... They AREN'T!! Many people want to sleep with strippers, be selective and hold your body as your temple<~It is isn't it?

Being a dancer does NOT make you a bad person, hold your head high, do this the right way, and you will go far.
    On the other hand, being a stupid crazy druggie whore stripper is a problem, and a DANGEROUS one. Most dancers are loving people wanting love and acceptance, unfortunately the influences in the business are generally negative and you have to have a support group to get through it. I think we are like that for each other on here
    I wish everyone luck and I've been through a lot so if anyone wants more private advice send me a message. I'm sure as hell no expert but I can tell you what's dangerous and how to heal from it and become stronger, b/c I've been there!

Okay Im done! Sorry I am just really passionate about this...I wish someone had been there to guide me. The least I can do is try and help others in the biz stay away from the dangers. It's so easy to fall into things when your new and naive. No one deserves it! Be CAREFUL!

~Otherwise enjoy your job and have fun. If I didn't just scare you away
    Last edited by Christyismyalias; 04-07-2009 at 02:07 AM.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Christyismyalias For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I just danced this last weekend for my first time and I will admit I made several of the "safety" mistakes. I didn't contemplate dancing more than a week or so before I decided to do it and so I scoured this site for as much info as I could but there was no way I could get it all in before my first day. Plus no matter what you "hear", some things you just have to experience before you will understand.

Hopefully the next time I dance I will make fewer of these mistakes. I don't want to live with regret....and it's already hard enough to be ok with what I do for a living...conscience wise anyway. I don't want to be labeled as a "stripper whore" but I have a goal to buy a house for my family and this is the fastest way to do that for them.

Anyway, this thread is wonderful and I'm going to bookmark it to read again before I go to work. That way it will all be fresh on my mind. Thank you all so much.

Thanks

hello ladies... moved back east from LA and am looking to work in the VA Beach area. thank you so much for these tips. i had quite a few friends who were entertainers at random clubs in LA, so i'm not COMPLETELY new to the scene- but it's always great to hear more suggestions for newbies.

here's a question for you- i am confident in my moves. walking into a club that has advertised for dancers- what should i expect? bring with me? questions to ask?

any help would be most appreciated.
    much love,
    ~punky
    "To him who has had the experience, no explanation is necessary.
    To him who has not, none is possible." - Ram Dass

Thanks

I'm not sure if this one was mentioned but if your club does not require payment up front, always make sure that you get your money after every $100-$200 a customer spends on you. I've seen so many new girls get ripped off simply because the customer refused to pay, their credit card was declined, or they tried to run away without paying. It's better to lose $100 then $600.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NREXM For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

Hi everyone .i'm Melita new this site. Definately not the industry.

I have some great tips for beginners/newbies.

(A) Learn by watching and listening, not by direct advice of others,what works for them -may not be for you and advice of other dancers usually ends up in locker room DRAMA! LOL! No really .

(B) do your own negotiating for VIP Rooms . Girls are quick to pimp you out more than your boyfriend after you start that first day of work and come home.They can find everything in the world you need to do with your $$$ and what they need as well.They turn pimps without knowing or do know.

(C) Truly don't go for the outside offers from these clients gasing your head about you're to pretty to be in this industry.this is where you run into phsycho ass whippings and worse.

(D) Don't "BLOW" the floor guy or manager thinking its the way to go on keeping your Job. Becoz the minute you stop. you're out the door and slandered as soon as everyone else finds out (oh and they will) you are instantly the WHORE of the club and every client will want the same "NO dances from you babe .Information provided by other dancers and staff to clients of course.

(FINALLY) the most important of all. BEWARE of the friendly dancer/dancers eager to be your friend"THERE ARE NO FRIENDS IN THE STRIPPER INDUSTRY" they are all their to make $$$$$ same as you"Supposedly" .
    So the next girl is your competition at the end of the day . Whos bills are going to get paid and whos are not.

NOW! definately look out for the Lesbian Crew (slash) Pimp Recruiters.

OK. Theres my contribution to the cause "Giggles" Now go get'm girls...

Melita

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Another good tips is to make sure that you have a cell phone with you so you can use it for emergencies when you are on your way home.

Thanks

For those of you that use prepaid phones, ATT, Verizon and Tmoble now have unlimited prepaid calling plans. I use att for $3.00 a day (ony on the days you use your phone. I wouldn't bother with a trac phone...

and as mentioned before..ALWAYS have your phone fully charged before work.

Malaya Taylor

Thanks

Firsties.

Wow. As someone who is seriously considering dancing, these tips are a great wake-up call and refresher as to what I am about to do.

I look forward to contributing further to the forums.

*DG*

Thanks

Heres a few....

1) Theres a bartender where a work that refused to give my customer my drink when he went up to the bar to buy it. She said she never hand guys a a dancer's drink because she doesnt want him slipping something in it. She let him pay for it and when I came up she handed it to me. I thought that that was really smart.

2) Ive had a few guys on different occasions say that they will wait around outside till the club closes for me to get off, after I told them that I have a boyfriend (wink wink). I then tell them that Im dating the bouncer and that usually scares them off (Ive told the bouncer and he says he has plenty of "girlfriends" there)

3) Someone mentioned earlier to not tell a custie what car you drive. If they ask, just say your boyfriend picks you up/bouncer drives you home since you live nearby. I typically dont say another girl-dancer or not, drives me because I dont want him thinking that there is only another gir he has to overtake.

4) When you tell custies about "youself" (your fake name, fake area you live in), try to have some small knowlede about the area-whether you visit it or google it. That way I know what high school to say I graduated from, what area of town I live in etc.

5) Try no to tell custies you live alone-you could say you have a gay male roommate or whatever. I know a girl that was followed almost home (she lives 2.5 hours from the club) b/c she told a guy she lived by herself (she didnt live alone but she didnt want to sound unappealing). Fortunately nothing happened to her.

6) If you ever start to feel really funny-like drowsy all of a sudden (and you didnt take nyquill, etc), tell someone-dj,bouncer, manager) and ask them to keep an eye on you incase someone did mess with your drink.

7) Never let a custie bring you food he's made-I know it sounds dumb but theres a girl a work who had a dude bring her food he cooked. You dont know whats in there. If he want to get you dinner that badly, you can order food and he can pay the deliver dude for the meal.

If a guy is asking way too many personal questions just tell him. A lot of times they will back off if they know your uncomfortable. If a dude backs off then I try to make a joke and completely change the subject to something random (i.e. "wow I feel like Im being interrogated or something here. Its like an episode of Law & Order. Do you watch that show). If he doesnt then walk off or dont answer.

9) Always get your money upfront for everything-table dances, VIP's. If he tries something (fingering you), you have the money and you can walk.

10) If a guy is trying to get you drunk and wont take no for an answer-and you only wanted to stop at the first one, tell him your done. If he keeps pushing it I have the bartender make me her "special drink" ( a glass of sweet and sour mix....looks like a mixed drink but its not)

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girlygirl21 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

Also, do not lead a man on to think that he has a shot with you OTC, or anything else (Ie, sex in the VIP), just on impulse and to make a few bucks in the moment. It will backfire on you terribly later on. It is also very risky.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to femmefatale88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Girls that you work with are the worst. They're bitchy, talk shit, will drug you when given the chance, beat you, tell customers lies about you and are just downright mean. No matter how long you've been there.

Don't EVER tell other dancers about our accomplishments...school degrees you just earned, pay raises at your other job, new dog, etc. They'll be jealous and hate on you for it.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kameryn For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Question Re: Safety Tips For Newbies

Im technically still a newbie but during my short time I have learned this;
    if u are going to give customers that you think may become a potential regular, your telephone number I recommend you get a prepaid phone and use it only for the sole purpose of having your customers contact you about coming in to the club on such and such night.
    DO NOT give them your main line that u use for family friends business etc. I made the mistake of doing so and man! He texts me every 5 minutes about being in a relationship and what not, I was trying to be polite and say answers that are vague enough to keep him satisfied but he is getting too clingy so I had to just stop texting him.
    Just how I found him there are others that will tip just as good. A big thing one must learn early on in this business, sometimes the money just isn't worth it.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jazelle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaniMBSC View Post
    Also....always always always check your backseat before you get in your car. You don't know who could be waiting on you.
    as a safety note: you should ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS lock up your car before you enter the building, so as to not find someone hiding in you backseat waiting for you when you go to leave!!!
    "How's it bouncin' Sugar Tits"?
    -
    a quote from a friend

30. The Following User Says Thank You to kittenbabii For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jazelle View Post
    Im technically still a newbie but during my short time I have learned this;
    if u are going to give customers that you think may become a potential regular, your telephone number I recommend you get a prepaid phone and use it only for the sole purpose of having your customers contact you about coming in to the club on such and such night.
    DO NOT give them your main line that u use for family friends business etc. I made the mistake of doing so and man! He texts me every 5 minutes about being in a relationship and what not, I was trying to be polite and say answers that are vague enough to keep him satisfied but he is getting too clingy so I had to just stop texting him.
    If you don't want to buy another phone you can use this website to send messages without revealing your phone number. Messages can go to your phone, email or stay on the website. Its called dancerdetails.com and its free! You can post pictures or not...completely up to you. I manage all of my customers from it. It has a message blast feature that allows me to send one message to all of my fans.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to xxxchili For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Amazing thread! I feel so much more informed now thanks everyone!

Featured Member
    Thanks

tipping the lap dance area bouncer was the BEST idea I ever had. I tip him at least 10 dollars every night so whenever I have a lap dance he watches out especially for me. he kicked some guy's ass for trying to put his fingers where they didn't belong while I was facing away from him.

also, I accidentally told a customer what kind of car I drove too when I first started dancing. the bouncer told me to tell customers I drive a blue honda accord so if they decide to find my car and wait for me they'll be surprised to see a big black guy instead of a stripper. (the blue honda is actually one of the bouncer's car LOL)

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xGigi For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

when confronted by an attacker or a customer who just plain creeps you out, KEEP EYE CONTACT. do not look afraid. if you look calm, you'll actually lessen your chance of being attacked.

if you're walking to your car, even if you're with a bouncer, if you see someone in the parking lot looking at you, look right back at him and let him notice you watching him. a guy won't try to sneak up on you if he knows you're aware that he's there. don't glare or give anyone the "don't fuck with me" look though, they'll take it as a challenge.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xGigi For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sunnie View Post
    AND, if you know another stripper is selling drugs, doing extras, etc., do not rat them out to the management. You'll get your ass beat in the parking lot.
    hahahhaa
    "snitches get stitches"

Banned
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Do not I repeat Do not tell the blue guys where you work.. you wouldnt want the vast majority of them to visit you and write about you on the blue side!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast