Thread: wearing your newbie shoes==feeling like a newbie all over again?

Picaresque

Default wearing your newbie shoes==feeling like a newbie all over again?

Just a random observation last night.

I just bought new $40 shoes, and they fell apart after TWO WEEKS of wear. I didn't even wear them everyday, and I changed into boots for most of my stage sets where I felt like doing pole tricks. But two weeks, and the platform is ripped away from the shoe on the outsides, and the black latex covering the front straps has peeled off, exposing the ratty grey material underneath. It looks like CRAP. I know I can't count on stripper shoes lasting forever, but two weeks? WTF WTF WTF?

Anyway, I didn't want to wear them now that they look all ratty, esp. since I was wearing a new outfit that I absolutely love, and trying out some new makeup ideas that, if I may say so, looked really hot. falling-apart shoes would just ruin the look.

So I put on my newbie shoes--black chunky-heeled things that have held up for a good 8 months now. First pair i ever bought, did my first audition in them, etc. But for some reason, going back onstage, I FELT like it was my first week dancing all over again! The chunky heel just felt awkward, so my dancing was awkward; my feet kept slipping around in them (I'd bought them a size too large b/c I was worried about blisters). Then I went out to hit up some custys and it was the most awkward thing ever! My mind went blank, I was fidgeting for no apparent reason, I sounded like a moron. Then I realized, I suddenly feel like a newbie all over again! And I think it's these damn shoes! LOL.

I went back up and changed back into the ratty shoes, and was back to my competant self again. Anyone else ever had something like this happen, or am I a freak?

BTW, the crappy shoes that fell apart after two weeks were Ellie brand. Never buying from them again!

Thanks

Default Re: wearing your newbie shoes==feeling like a newbie all over again?

I bought Ellie brand once and they didn't fall apart completely but the rinestones started popping off and the bottom started peeling off at the toe.

Heh, my first pair of shoes were white, once size too big, and like... only four inches. But I thought they were the tallest shoes ever!
    If you think school is hard, try being stupid.

Thanks

I took about 6 months off, and when I came back I was wearing the little 6 inch wussy heels. They might as well have training wheels on them, they're so tiny! Last night I was digging around my stripper closet and found my 7 inch heels - a black pair and a clear pair. I wore them last night to work, and felt like I was back in the Big Girl's Club again.

Tart

You know i can't wear thin heels or no backs. and all clear heels not only have both of those but tread. So I cant dance at all. I constantly almost fall. it sucks so hard.

When I started dancing i wore those old timers heels. the stilleto pumps with the ankle thing, after that the platform chunky heels came into fashion( so say 96 ish ) I have NEVER not worn those lol. I cant stop ! there is no tread on them so i can glide.

there are Ellie shoes, I've had them 10 years now, and ladies they just now fell apart, but i super glued those mother fuckers back and still wear em lol

I wanna know how to wear the hot heels.

Cally

I LOVE Ellie shoes... I still have a pair i've had for a year and the fuckers are still going strong...

I wanna learn to dance in... there is a feature here who wears them and does the craziest shit and flies around teh stage and does backflips n shit in them.. I would love to be able to wear them but I feel so unstable in them

As for clunky heels.. yea whenever I put on my old rookie heels I feel I cant dance for shit in them..

Tart

^ those are the ones i started out dancing in. SO easy to dance in..swear to you! I cant do platform and thin heels though. no idea why.

But those are simple the only bad thing about them, is that they date the stripper and also they fuck up your toes. I had to get my right big toe lasered so that the toe nail would die on the ends and not become ingrown anymore.

Fuck i might buy these

Cally

I can only dance in boots... I cant dance in a platform at all.. but the tiny heel on that shoe makes my ankles wobble.. I kinda wanna get a pair to fuck around in though and hopefully get used to them as I love them. As of now I dance in hot pepper boots.. the only boots I can wear... what sucks is the guy who makes them died so I have to keep taping and gluing mine back together lol Thankfully I only use them for stage.. otherwise I wear shoes and a gown on the floor.

Thanks

I love new shoes. I feel better and make more money.

I Love Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

I've gotten my first pair of shoes repaired twice (both just peeling grip)... I love my old shoes... it ends up being a topic of conversation. "These were my first pair or stripper shoes - I remember the day....!"

They've lasted me two years now.

Look like a woman
    Think like a man
    Act like a lady
    Work like a dog

- My Great Grandmother Bessie's Recipe for Success

BrunetteGoddess

I dunno, I feel empowered in my newbie heels. They remind me of how liberated and empowered stepping out on stage for the first time was like. Even though I don't dance anymore, and I sold all my dancer shoes, I still keep my 1st pair of heels. I wear them anytime I need a boost in general to remind myself how great really am.

Thanks

The need for new shoes!
    aw its great, like sports stuff, try it out find what you like,
    good grips and something that will stay on my mother effing feet!
    I wear the backless shoes and look like a newbie, always putting her shoes back on.

Thanks

I've worn the same shoes for a year now! Took them in to be repaired a couple of times but really (replaced the sole/replaced the elastic and tightened the straps), they're just the best. They are starting to get loose loose now though. So I'll probably have to just buy another pair of them.