Thread: Allergy meds and vaginal dryness, and replens (same brand as rephresh)

Thanks

Default Allergy meds and vaginal dryness, and replens (same brand as rephresh)

So, I've been researching vag dryness since my experience with the new guy and the shrink cream went so badly. I've since read that allergy meds can cause dryness. I hope hope hope that was it, because I want to use the shrink cream again.

I did find that asian ginsing is reported to be helpful for vag dryness in several studies. Dong Quai and motherwart also were listed but had no research behind them. At the vitamin store, I was told to try evening primrose oil, which have made my stomach upset. I was advised not to use all of these at once, so, it's just the primrose and ginsing for me.

Also, by the same people who make rephresh, there is something that is called replens, which is used to help the vag absorb and retain moisture, and is said to keep you lubricated. Well, I tried it, and that funky discharge that so many of you had on the rephresh, I have now with this stuff.

I want to be all nice a slippery wet this weekend, and still hopefully use the shrink cream. It's the 31st today, will the nasty discharge clear up by the 3rd?? How long did it take for all of those who tried it?
    " Remember during each test there is some girl in Australia jealous of you who wants to do what you're doing."- Lilithmorrigan

" If you're young and sexy, why not spend a few years
    Shopping and Fucking? Life is short, but youth is shorter. Ride the wheels off, I say." - FeministStripper

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fawn For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: Allergy meds and vaginal dryness, and replens (same brand as rephresh)

Quote Originally Posted by Fawn View Post
    So, I've been researching vag dryness since my experience with the new guy and the shrink cream went so badly. I've since read that allergy meds can cause dryness. I hope hope hope that was it, because I want to use the shrink cream again.

I did find that asian ginsing is reported to be helpful for vag dryness in several studies. Dong Quai and motherwart also were listed but had no research behind them. At the vitamin store, I was told to try evening primrose oil, which have made my stomach upset. I was advised not to use all of these at once, so, it's just the primrose and ginsing for me.

Also, by the same people who make rephresh, there is something that is called replens, which is used to help the vag absorb and retain moisture, and is said to keep you lubricated. Well, I tried it, and that funky discharge that so many of you had on the rephresh, I have now with this stuff.

I want to be all nice a slippery wet this weekend, and still hopefully use the shrink cream. It's the 31st today, will the nasty discharge clear up by the 3rd?? How long did it take for all of those who tried it?
    Allergy meds are notorious for drying up any and all mucous membranes. It suuuucks. As someone with chronic year round allergies and can tell you I feel your pain! So ya, it's real possible that's all it was.

What do you take for your allergies? Maybe try a different med?