Thread: Anyone in NOLA working during Mardi Gras?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Anyone in NOLA working during Mardi Gras?

Curious as to how business is... a couple of grlfriends of mine are down there partying. They said the outside of HUSTLER and Barely Legal is nuts w/tons of people, but I'm wondering how much business the ladies are actually getting from the drunken mess... Is it worthwhile?
    "We all must suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons. In order to achieve what others don't, you have to do what others won't."

Thanks

Default Re: Anyone in NOLA working during Mardi Gras?

From years of experience: don't bother. The days leading up to Mardi Gras and some days just after can be very lucrative, but Mardi Gras itself is a huge pain in the ass to work and not very profitable.

You can't park in the French Quarter - cars without special tags aren't even allowed to drive in. You won't get one of those tags. Getting a cab in there is also a pain in the ass. So you'll have to either pay a huge premium to stay in the quarter or cab/walk in.

You won't get a cab to take you to the door at work. So you'll have to fight those throngs of people just to get into work. And most of those people are brokeass college kids who barely have beer money. You can have fun partying, but if you're going to try and make money you will just leave pissed off. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by pheno View Post
    When you lead a nontraditional life don't try to measure it with traditional milestones.

Thanks

There's so much activity going on in the streets for frree, why would men bother to pay money in a club?

The few times I was there for Mardi Gras I opted not to work in the club. My gilfriends went to work and it was not at all profitable like they'd expected it to be.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Eeek. Thanks for the heads up, I will definately take both your advice and avoid!
    "We all must suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons. In order to achieve what others don't, you have to do what others won't."