Thread: Traveling Dancers

Thanks

Default Traveling Dancers

I'm a club owner who has not posted in a while but I wanted to reach out to the community again. I am seeking traveling dancers to come to the Albany, NY area. I am trying to find out what websites dancers read to find out about travel. Also, are there sites that dancers post resumes on to find road work.

I can usually tell girls based on pics and personality what they can expect to make in my club. I also provide lodging. Other than that, what other things do traveling dancers need, want, and hope for? Do girls prefer to bring their own roommate?

I am also seeking a reputable agency to work with who can book dancers. Can anybody recommend any agencies that they may have worked for?

Thanks,
    Nick

242_fair

Default Re: Traveling Dancers

First, allow me to paint you a picture...

Imagine your club full of the most sexy georgeous girls in all of upstate NY!

Imagine always having a girl on stage that when men walk in the door, they can't look away.

Imagine if you had a constantly changing rotation of showgirls, I mean NY or Vegas quality dancers!! A rotation of slammin hot out of state showgirls...

Imagine if your club was so full of slammin hot girls, every man pulls out his cell phone and tells all his buddies to come on over because he's not going to believe this.

Now, you can do this. It is 100% possible and you have come to the right place to look. BUT. You need to understand the forumla for making this a reality.

FIRST: you need to get the girls. YOU DO NOT NEED AN AGENCY. Look at GoGoRama in Jersey - they have girls breaking down the door begging to work there and no agent. AND men consistantly drive in from 150+ miles away radius!

You need to get the rumors started among girls that there is a club in Albany that offers a base pay to cover traveling or housing (or both), so we have an insurance policy against making the trip and LOOSING money. I.e. work 6 days booking get $400. This is not permenant, just until the customers figure out how hot the girls are, then there will be enough traffic and spending you can do away with the base pay.

You need to establish a firm and fair LIMIT on the number of girls, so everyone makes money. I.e. 10 girls per night.

If the club has a good earnings potential, you will not need to try hard. The girls will just come. Word of mouth. And your locals will love all the fresh meat and they will feel very spendy!

My club is in Toronto, and we have girls from upstate NY coming every night to dance, because apparently there is no money to be made anywhere between Albany and Buffalo:

i.e.

- Too many girls in the club (30 girls each earn only $150 per night, instead of limiting it to 10 girls so everyone makes $450)

- Club owners with stupid fee schedules (keeping half of every dance)

So if you actually have a location with a pool of spending customers, I'm sure some of our SW girls from your area would be willing to try it out for a few nights, and report back to us. (in the next 5 days up to 1000 girls might read this post)

But don't expect to pull any bullshit like the other clubs in your area, i.e. taking a big cut of dance money, making girls sell tickets and shit, making girls sell 'Dollar Dances'.

A (smart) traveling dancer wants to make minimum of $500 per night (there are exceptions, but not many). Especially with the cost of traveling to Albany... that means GAS money, TOLLS, lodging, etc. Living without a kitchen means a big food budget. My club knows girls are away from home so anyone who gets there on time gets a great buffet lunch or dinner, and a special no-hassle negotiated rate with the local best-western hotel.

I don't know the by-laws in your area. If the girls can't do private dances then this will not work.

Thats about all I can think of now.

Lola Rose

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalHideaway View Post
    I'm a club owner who has not posted in a while but I wanted to reach out to the community again. I am seeking traveling dancers to come to the Albany, NY area. I am trying to find out what websites dancers read to find out about travel. Also, are there sites that dancers post resumes on to find road work.

I can usually tell girls based on pics and personality what they can expect to make in my club. I also provide lodging. Other than that, what other things do traveling dancers need, want, and hope for? Do girls prefer to bring their own roommate?

I am also seeking a reputable agency to work with who can book dancers. Can anybody recommend any agencies that they may have worked for?

Thanks,
    Nick
    You can't really tell what the girls would make, b/c a good percent of earning is based on hustle! Advertising that you provide lodging is good, as is a base pay.
    In general, girls seek a club with consistant good earnings that is clean with fair pay outs and staff, a low drama enviroment and a good custy base. Yes, people would rather stay with someone they know Providing a locker in the room is a good idea as well.

seems to be a good site

Thanks

The post from Toronto really impressed me. That's a smart person who is ethical and caring. Appreciate just hearing about that in this business.

There is a right way and a wrong way to do things. Due to greed and other forces, sometimes the wrong way is taken. We have so many business models from which we can study re this lesson. It might be bright for a while, but in the end...

I would make time and create a path for myself to work at the club that the post refers to. When working there, I'd be motivated to help make the club a great place, all because of that one person's ideal and treatment of others.

I've worked at clubs in Mi and Oh for a 3 years, and most of the dancers hate management and hate the club. No wonder! There's bad energy, no respect, and everyone is out to get what the other has. I go in to work, do my thing, and leave with money only. It could be so different if there was professionalism. We could all thrive.

Thank you, Toronto. -Inspired Dancer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 242_fair View Post
    First, allow me to paint you a picture...

Imagine your club full of the most sexy georgeous girls in all of upstate NY!

Imagine always having a girl on stage that when men walk in the door, they can't look away.

Imagine if you had a constantly changing rotation of showgirls, I mean NY or Vegas quality dancers!! A rotation of slammin hot out of state showgirls...

Imagine if your club was so full of slammin hot girls, every man pulls out his cell phone and tells all his buddies to come on over because he's not going to believe this.

Now, you can do this. It is 100% possible and you have come to the right place to look. BUT. You need to understand the forumla for making this a reality.

FIRST: you need to get the girls. YOU DO NOT NEED AN AGENCY. Look at GoGoRama in Jersey - they have girls breaking down the door begging to work there and no agent. AND men consistantly drive in from 150+ miles away radius!

You need to get the rumors started among girls that there is a club in Albany that offers a base pay to cover traveling or housing (or both), so we have an insurance policy against making the trip and LOOSING money. I.e. work 6 days booking get $400. This is not permenant, just until the customers figure out how hot the girls are, then there will be enough traffic and spending you can do away with the base pay.

You need to establish a firm and fair LIMIT on the number of girls, so everyone makes money. I.e. 10 girls per night.

If the club has a good earnings potential, you will not need to try hard. The girls will just come. Word of mouth. And your locals will love all the fresh meat and they will feel very spendy!

My club is in Toronto, and we have girls from upstate NY coming every night to dance, because apparently there is no money to be made anywhere between Albany and Buffalo:

i.e.

- Too many girls in the club (30 girls each earn only $150 per night, instead of limiting it to 10 girls so everyone makes $450)

- Club owners with stupid fee schedules (keeping half of every dance)

So if you actually have a location with a pool of spending customers, I'm sure some of our SW girls from your area would be willing to try it out for a few nights, and report back to us. (in the next 5 days up to 1000 girls might read this post)

But don't expect to pull any bullshit like the other clubs in your area, i.e. taking a big cut of dance money, making girls sell tickets and shit, making girls sell 'Dollar Dances'.

A (smart) traveling dancer wants to make minimum of $500 per night (there are exceptions, but not many). Especially with the cost of traveling to Albany... that means GAS money, TOLLS, lodging, etc. Living without a kitchen means a big food budget. My club knows girls are away from home so anyone who gets there on time gets a great buffet lunch or dinner, and a special no-hassle negotiated rate with the local best-western hotel.

I don't know the by-laws in your area. If the girls can't do private dances then this will not work.

Thats about all I can think of now.
    Welcome back 242!! Excellant post as always. I hope the owner responds to your post. You're right. It is all about an incentive. I'm not gonna travel out of state to "hopefully" make more than what I currently make now. Captain, you have to have an incentive if you want hot girls (SW girls in particular) to come out to work your clubs.

Some Douchebag: "[Pimp C] 12:43 am: its true we got to stick together the black people on SW CK you is teh condoleeza of SW"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalHideaway View Post

I think this right here is a really big reason as to why some clubs don't do as well as others. Captain, you cannot just sit back and look at a girls pics and figure out how well or poor she will do in your club. Remember every man has a preference. Even if a girl isn't your cup o' tea, he may just be the dream girl in some other mans eyes.

Idea: How much do you charge for dances? Tip-outs, pay-outs? Is there a VIP/Champagne room? Where do you provide lodging?

Some Douchebag: "[Pimp C] 12:43 am: its true we got to stick together the black people on SW CK you is teh condoleeza of SW"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding

well said, ck

Thanks

I'm trying this place out this week.... I'll let you ladies know how it goes.
    "Emancipate Yourselves From Mental Slavery; None but Ourselves Can Free Our Minds." ~Bob Marley

Lola Rose

Good luck, I hope you bank!!!

Thanks

I'd also like to hear how it goes in Albany

Thanks

Isabella has yet to sign in since she said she was going up here to this club to work. Please write back soon because i'm starting to worry plz..

Thanks

Huh... this club musta opened since I left that area... never heard of it.
    Number of times Rickrolled on stage: 6

Marasmus ... "Ladies don't fart. They butt-laugh."
    Marasmus says, "Oh no, that wasn't gas, it was merely a rectal chuckle."

Marek says, "A friend of mine got punched in the face by a dominatrix stripper about two weeks ago and I thought of you."

Lola Rose

Quote Originally Posted by cinammonkisses View Post
    Isabella has yet to sign in since she said she was going up here to this club to work. Please write back soon because i'm starting to worry plz..
    it's probable that she doesn't have a laptop or internet access. Don't worry tooo much, if you are, call the club.

Thanks

Hey Ladies... Sorry about the haitus. I'm back in DC apartment hunting (I've decided to leave CT), nanny hunting and working at my old club. The girls at Capital Hideaway are super sweet, the management is very nice, and even the custies were pretty sweet but the situation with my accmodations was a mess(and that's a huge understatement) and that was especially annoying because I had both my baby and my dog with me. While the club has potential for good to great money, you can probably do just as well and better at your home club. It was not worth the travel for me but if I were closer I'd make it my home club. If you happen to be in town, it's totally worth working there, but I would not recommend traveling there to work.
    "Emancipate Yourselves From Mental Slavery; None but Ourselves Can Free Our Minds." ~Bob Marley

Thanks

Sorry I didn't check in sooner

Thanks
    Thanked 10,563 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cynical

Isabella, I'm sorry but not surprised that Albany didn't work out so great. Even though Albany is the state capital, economically speaking it shares a bad case of 'upstate NY high taxes and no good jobs left' disease, the same as other upstate NY cities like Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo.

With rare exceptions, once you get north of Orange / Rockland counties, the club customers simply don't have the money to spend. As such, it's hardly worth it for LOCAL girls to dance in upstate NY clubs, let alone travelling dancers who must spend extra money on expenses.

Also, as 242Fair pointed out, the upstate NY club paradigm is for the clubs to charge very low/no nightly stage fees, but instead for the clubs to confiscate 50% of all private dance money. This serves to keep the 'marginal' local dancers from leaving. But also serves as a huge disincentive for top notch travelling dancers (who would much prefer to pay a $250 stage fee and keep $750 out of $1000 worth of private dances, rather than turning 50% or $500 over to the club and only keep $500). However, given the area's economy this is the only way that clubowners can collect enough money between dancers and customers to pay their taxes and mortgage and utility bills, which essentially guarantees that the status-quo is here to stay.