Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you keep track of your periods?

Kaylinn

Default Do you keep track of your periods?

Do you actualyl keep track of yoru periods, and write it down every month, or just keep a general idea in your head?
    I have written down my periods for years now, and for some reason, have saved all the calenders. I can go back 3 years and know when I had a period. Because of this, I know how many days are in my cycle, on average, and can predict when I'll start.
    In addition to this, I also keep track on I put in all my periods from years back, and they predict when I'll have a period next March ( to plan a vacation) they predict when I'll ovulate (pretty accuratly to, cause I know when Im ovulating.) I kept the calenders with me all the time, and not onyl woudl I write down my periods, but when I had sex, and with whom. ( During a particularly slutty phase, I realized I had had sex with not only 4 different peopel in a week, but 2 different people in the same day) When My bf was asking me for head all the time, and saying I never gave it to him, I refered back to my little calender, which had the dates marked of each time he either got head, or we had sex.

Out of habit, I still occationally mark down when we had sex, tho I dont do it consistantly anymore...

Ok. I am way off topic now. ( can you get off topic in your own topic?)

The point is....do you keep track of your periods every month? Do you keep track of anything else, womanly related?

God/dess
    Thanks

Default Re: Do you keep track of your periods?

I used to have a mini-calendar, the size of a checkbook. I kept important dates in it as well as my period. I like to write down when I've had it so I know when to worry about being late .. That was a few years ago, currently, I have a sticky note in my nightstand that says:

"2/15-2/20, 3/16-3/20"

Obviously I've been lazy about keeping it written down, but I do think it's an important habit to keep up with. In fact, it's probably even better to be more specific than just writing down dates--but to note how heavy your flow, or the kind of PMS your experiencing. Always helps to know when you're 'normal' (for yourself) and when you're off.

As far as tracking sex, I did that when I lost my virginity in highschool. I don't even remember how I wrote it, but there was some symbol or abbreviation that only I understood and I wrote it in my school agenda. I don't think it was of any use, except that I knew I was having sex .. I guess I was proud or something.

P.S. Thanks for that site ..

God/dess
    Thanks

I have a calendar next to the computer, and I always make sure to at least circle the date I start so I can keep track of it. I'll totally forget when I started and the next month I'll be like..."Hmm...am I supposed to start yet?"

Thanks

I also write my start day on the calendar and thej count off 28 days and put a ? on that day.

A few days before day 28 I start keeping close watch for my period. This really helps avoid getting surprised in public or having to bedsheets from starting my cycle in the middle of the night.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I take birth control and have since I was 19 ....I'm almost 23. Since taking it I'm pretty regular. I don't ever write down when I get my period....I know it's usually by the tuesday of my sugar pill week...wednesday at the latest. Is this enough? SHOULD I know more about my period? Now you've got me worried! LOL!

Speaking of period but unrelated....I get a few pimples usually the week before my periods? Anyone else get period related breakouts? If this is normal how can one minimize or eliminate such breakouts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kaylinn

^^ Nah, I wouldnt worry about it. Since the birth control keeps you so regualr.
    ( periods on the pill aren't even really periods anyway. They are just breakthough bleeding, designed to mak women on the pill feel more "safe" taking it, because back in the day when the pill was developed, they didnt think women would take it if it suppressed periods. It was "unnatural" to not have a period.)
    Im nto on birth control, and Im nto that regualr. My periods can be anywhere from every 23 days - 33 days. Generally tho, they are 29 days apart. I just try to be very in tune with my body, I can tell when my period is commign by the symptoms, ( yeah, I get zits to, but I dont know what to do about it)

I know when Im supposed to ovulate by keeping track of my periods, but I can also tell by changes in my body that it's happening, but I can also feel when I ovulate. I get cramps.

it's just nice to know what your body is up to and why.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Wow, I never realized that when you aren't on birth control how unregular your periods can be! I guess being on the pill for so long I forgot! That's great then that you keep such good track of your period If I wasn't so regular I totally would too! Good for you for know what's going on with your body!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BrunetteGoddess

I have never written it down, just kept a general idea. Even then I can never usually predict them since they've never really been regular. I had a few months recently when they were all along the same couple days, but then my last period was weeks late, and then just came out of nowhere. I suspect it's largely due to stress (seeing as R can't get me pregnant).

I always seem to know somehow when it's coming though and start carrying tampons and wearing a panty liner when I know it's coming.

Thanks

I just wait until the shit starts coming out of me. But I have a general idea. Is that gross? It always starts out so light that it doesn't even ruin panties.

"Have you ever been to American wedding? Where is the vodka, where's marinated herring?" - GB
    "And do the cats give a shit? No, they do not. Why? Because they're cats."-from The Onion

Quote Originally Posted by Mia M
    If a cupcake was tossed at me... well, I'd only be upset if it missed my mouth

BrunetteGoddess

I usually get very light discharge a couple days prior....so I always know.

Kaylinn

Wanna know something strange?

the day before I start, always, always, just one time, when I pee, and wipe, I notice a little bit of blood on the tp. Its just that one time, but every single month, it happens, and I start the next day.

Thanks

I look up. When the moon is new, I bleed.

Thanks

No, I never keep track of it. I've been on the pill for years, so I know I'll start 3-4 days after I take the last pill.

Thanks

I keep track. I have calendars from 6 years ago, still. Why do I keep track? Not only does it help to predict when you got preggers, but it also helps if there are any medical issues. My period was very, very regular and so I mainly kept track so if there were any issues I could look back and see what was going on. My only mark for when my period started a little red circle/dot on my day planner. heh

aussiepunkshocker

Nope, only when I was about 12 and I soon realised I was irregular as hell so I stopped bothering with it.
    I just make a mental note of when the last couple were roughly just incase.

exotisch23

yes, I use my cell phone calendar as a reminder every month

Thanks

Nope, I try to but always forget.
    Women of color:
    Shake your ass and preserve your heritage.
    Bang those fucking drums.
    Do it for the present and future generations.
    Have fun and stick it to the man at the same time.
    (bad-dominicana)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Mine always come the first week of the month, so it's pretty easy to remember when they're due.

Thanks

im so irregular i HAVE to keep track... my cycles are anywhere from 31-64 days... when a "normal" cycle should be 28! Of course Im also trying to get pregnant so I keep track for that reason... i use www.fertilityfriend.com and mymonthlycycles like the OP talked about... i have about 3 years worth of cycles listed on there lol.

<Rhiannon_SW> :that's where Jimmy Hoffa went!
    * Rhiannon_SW gasps.

Thanks

nope. I have a Mirena IUD and rarely get them. Before that they were totally whacked out but I gave up keeping track.

Thanks

i keep my calendars too. mine were irregular and it was just interesting to work out what was going with me in certain times of my life.

then you get really good at knowing exactly what's going on in your cycle at any given moment. people who don't know when they ovulate for example just baffle me... it ain't no mystery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinn View Post
    Wanna know something strange?

the day before I start, always, always, just one time, when I pee, and wipe, I notice a little bit of blood on the tp. Its just that one time, but every single month, it happens, and I start the next day.
    hey me too! except it happens at night and when i wake up i start
    i also get really really horny
    and crave butterfingers and mickeyD's french fries

Thanks

I used to mark in my calendar 28 days after my last one... until I got put on the pill because I was SO irregular, and heavy, so the calendar had been useless really! Once I was on the pill, I just finished the packet (21 pills) and waited 3 days!
    I also used to mark down when I had sex. I gave up after a year with my last long-term boyfriend.

I completely forgot I did that until this thread. I've been on the injection for nearly 3 years, and haven't had a period in that whole time. I don't want to go back!

Thanks

I use my "bitch" scale. When it's on the low end and I am pretty happy go lucky, I am generally ovulating. When I am irrational and the mildest thing sets me off I am getting ready to start my period. If I haven't been a serious bitch in awhile I get concerned and take a pregnancy test.

"Go Confidently in the Direction of Your Dreams...Live the Life You Have Imagined" -- Henry David Thoreau

"You Will Be Successful in Business and Married Life" -- Fortune Cookie

Thanks

I use the mymonthlycalander thingy and i have found it really helpful. I've only been doing it a few months but its super helpful to know when im fertile and ovulating. My boyfriend and i are using "natural family planning" in other words we are playing russian roulette but at least on the days it says im fertile we are extra careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut View Post
    Tell him that he's a load his mom should have swallowed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast