Thread: Shameless Plug

Thanks

Default Shameless Plug

afdzdc
    Last edited by Lady Jade; 10-11-2008 at 05:12 PM.

God/dess
    Thanks

Default Re: Shameless Plug

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jade View Post
    I know this is going to sound strange, but I figure I can use all the support I can get for this...

My office is co-sponsoring a fashion show at a major department store on May 17th. It's a wardrobing event for anyone that is in the corporate/business world. We're going to have a fashion show highlighting some of the fashion trends in the workplace. We're hoping to get at least 50 people there. There's going to be an image consultant, refreshments, and even a coupon to the store if anyone wants to do some shopping.

So... if anyone is in Union/Essex/Morris counties in NJ or is willing to drive out that way or knows someone who is, please send me a PM. It's the first big thing at work that I am involved in, and I would love to be able to say that it was uber-successful. Thanks!

<scampers off to hide in the corner>
    Actually, I'd love to come! I just participated in a wedding show a few months ago at Macy's at the Bridgewater Mall and I forgot how much I love those types of things.

But this is actually useful to me, being a 9 to 5 gal. I'll PM you my stuff!

Thanks

are you looking for executive women to attend?

have you tried cold-calling some of the HR or PR depts for the local businesses? lots of big name companies in this area, obviously. novartis, nabisco, akzo nobel, dkny, att, scherling, some colgate divisions, etc.

they're not going to let you spam their executives but maybe you can send the HR or PR depts some flyers. it could be seen as a small bene for their execs if you word it right.

i know the mailing list is the essential thing (my ex and mom get a lot of private showings crap still mailed here. bleh.), a lot of the retailers/companies guard their lists very closely. but if you can still reach that target group (thru their corporate frontlines), that should impress too. hth

Thanks

And honestly, there are a lot of women now that aren't working, but may be looking to get back into the work force that are hard to reach out to through corporate channels.
    how about school parents? soon-to-be empty-nesters or mothers with children entering school (i.e. soon to have more time on their hands).

colleges and tech schools could be other sources as people re-train themselves to go back into the marketplace (also another empty-nester source).

Thanks

...because I really want this to go well so we can potentially sponsor more informative events in conjunction with other, more "out of the box" collaborations.
    are you going to have any male models there? i hate to be so shallow, but all's fair in love and war!

and some eye-candy couldn't hurt for the wimmen-folk to gawk at either.

btw, have you tried advertising at the hospitals or maybe local professionals association newsletters, e.g. dentists, lawyers, etc.? (i'm assuming you want disposeable income-types) but there also could be relational benefits with those types of organizations.

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    are you going to have any male models there? i hate to be so shallow, but all's fair in love and war!

and some eye-candy couldn't hurt for the wimmen-folk to gawk at either.

btw, have you tried advertising at the hospitals or maybe local professionals association newsletters, e.g. dentists, lawyers, etc.? (i'm assuming you want disposeable income-types) but there also could be relational benefits with those types of organizations.
    Ummm...I for one don't feel the need to look at male models when I'm shopping for career clothes.

LJ, you said you already have Novartis covered? Because I could circulate around there as well for you.

Thanks

No male models, although I believe one of our good-looking male recruiters will be there. Besides, this is our first shot and we figure it'll be more successful if we stick to just having women there. Besides, I know NO woman who wants to try on clothes with a bunch of guys around!
    oops! sorry, i thought it was more of a "fashion show"/runway thing than a "buy party" thing.

i was going more from the vegas aspect of it. i have a friend in vegas that "hosts" whales and he acts as arm-candy for female whales (even though he's gay ). it nets him a greater yield if he pretends, or so he says.

one other place you might try (or already have) are banks. they have the lists and ears of their clients besides being potential clients themselves.

good luck with the event!

Thanks

What? You don't invite your wifey personally? *pouts*

Thanks

My wifey is so far away, I wasn't sure she loved me enough to come down for a fashion show!
    LIES!!!! I would travel the world over just to see my lady love! (In this case, it's a few states, but you get my drift)