Thread: To be honest or not to be honest. That is the question.

Thanks

Default To be honest or not to be honest. That is the question.

Last night I picked up my pay for my last working night which was the 15th.

The way it works in our club is, a guy wants to take us for a dance so we take him to the 'booking counter' and they give the chick the money. She puts our cut into an envelope and we put it in our own pigeon hole (each girl has one). Our name, time of dance and length of dance gets written on the envelopes. We pick up our pays at the end of the next nights shift.

This morning I went to count the money and I noticed that Eliza was written on a few and then noticed the date on the Eliza ones were for the 18th and I wasnt working that night. I also noticed that one of my envelopes is missing that should have had $70 in it. They have no idea about the mistake however I do believe that when Eliza goes into work next they will know there has been a mistake and will go looking for the money.

I will give the money back on my next night of work and go looking for my missing $70 however what would any of you do?????

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding

Default Re: To be honest or not to be honest. That is the question.

i would do the right thing... but i know it will be HARD to. just think if that was your missing $70.

Thanks

I got another girls envelope once (similar type situation)... she was SO fricken worried... poor thing. And she only made $30. It was sad. She didn't get mine, either, mine was missing... and of COURSE mine was like, $400.. but they 'found' it later.

Look like a woman
    Think like a man
    Act like a lady
    Work like a dog

- My Great Grandmother Bessie's Recipe for Success

...hehehe... email me to ask me where i am ! (i dare you!)
    Thanks

Erica, I wouldn't bother seriously. I work at the same club as you and can tell you that the envelope system is far from perfect. They won't re-imburse you for your missing money even tho' you have done the right thing by giving "Eliza" her money back.

As I was missing money one time as well. You betcha I never saw it even after I informed them that it was missing... nothing was done.

The unwritten untold disclaimer with the envelope system at the club is that each girl is responsible for putting her money into the right 'locker'. If the girl puts her money into someone else's locker, that is her own dumb fault for not paying more adequate attention.

You can betcha that I take that extra minute to locate and make damn sure my envelope is in my 'locker' and this is another reason why it pays to work sober.

It is money lost to her as well as to you.

It's unfortuante yet that is how it is with the system that this club has in place.

You signed off on it and as soon as you sign off on it ... you are signing off that it is correct so next time you may want to take that extra minute or two to make sure you have all your envelopes (pay).

enter: E3167322D9 for your 10% discount

aussiepunkshocker

Honesty is always the best policy even if its a difficult or shit situation. Having a clear consience is always good.

Thanks

It has nothing to do with ethics or honesty ^^ just the way things operate at this particular club. Some things never change and the lack of integrity in the club management (and the club itself) is one thing that hasn't changed.

Lost money is lost money at this club. They won't follow it up for you (and it isn't just MY experience either).

They don't reward you or anything for having integrity.

It's the old "why be loyal to a club that couldn't give a fuck about you" thing.

Thanks

Hrmmm.... well not getting my $70 back pisses me off but true, I must have put it in the wrong hole.

I'll ponder on it for a little more. Thanks for all your posts

Thanks

It's funny to me that you are missing $70, yet you got exactly $70 in your box but marked as another girl's. Is it *at all* possible that that IS your money, but the chick who takes the money and marks the envelope marked the wrong name? If she's Eliza and you're Erica, this seems like a very likely scenario...dunno.

aussiepunkshocker

Well its not about the club is it, its about "self"
    And, you never know when downtrack the fact you were honest in one situation can have impact on something else.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastGirl View Post
    It has nothing to do with ethics or honesty ^^ just the way things operate at this particular club. Some things never change and the lack of integrity in the club management (and the club itself) is one thing that hasn't changed.

Lost money is lost money at this club. They won't follow it up for you (and it isn't just MY experience either).

It's the old "why be loyal to a club that couldn't give a fuck about you" thing.

Thanks

Uhh, this isn't the club fucking over the girl... this is a girl fucking over another girl. Yeah, the club lost HER money - but she has ANOTHER GIRL'S money. So she won't get her other money back? Who cares? There is some girl - another girl - who is sorely upset she lost out on her meager night's pay. It was probably the only money she made and needed that night, too.

Look like a woman
    Think like a man
    Act like a lady
    Work like a dog

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding

dottie's post makes me reconsider, and think that you should stay silent.

Thanks

Huh? Where did it say that Eliza was missing $70? It's a hard read but it says she was missing $70... and no mention of the exact amount Eliza made.

Look like a woman
    Think like a man
    Act like a lady
    Work like a dog

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding

oh...

Darcy Foxx

Regardless of the ethics of club management, wouldn't you still feel bad about technically taking another girls money? I mean, it's not your fault they fucked up and gave you the wrong envelope, but wouldn't you feel bad about knowingly taking something from someone else?

Thanks

Oh, ok. I read it wrong.

cameron_keys

Well..it is entirely possible that, because of the similarity in names, the money was simply marked incorrectly. i asssume you dont know this "eliza"? If you do...I'd ask her if she was missing any money or if she got yours. If she says that yes...and names the exact amount that you have for her...I'd give her the money. If the club doesnt find yours that sucks I know....but it isnt HER fault that the club girl screwed up. And if I were you....I'd check throughout the night to make sure your money is acounted for correctly.
    If someone else got your money....wouldnt it be nice if they were honest and gave it back to you?
    Karma is a bitch....

Thanks

I'd check throughout the night to make sure your money is acounted for correctly.
    Once the envelope has been put in the 'locker' (pigeon hole) then you can't access any of the envelopes until the end of the night (as the manager needs to open it since it is locked/secured). The ONLY opportunity you get to check that the envelope you are given is yours and has the correct amount in it (and/or name) is when they give it to you before you put it in the 'locker'.