Thread: Welcome To Picture Post....

Thanks

Default Welcome To Picture Post....

This post should have been done along time ago, so allow me to amend that now. Here are a few rules, tips, and suggestions for keeping Picture Post an enjoyable place to be!

S'ok? S'ok!: Make sure you are not posting anything that could get you or us into trouble via copyright infringement. Don't post pics that you are not allowed to! And if you are going to post pictures of friends/family/co-workers/other SWers, be sure to have their permission!

Size Matters?: Picture Post, by nature, is going to be what can and might kill bandwidth on this forum. Lots and lots of pictures! That's basically what this area is for. So please keep this in mind when you browse the threads here. If your PC can't/won't handle having the life sucked out of it while you wait for images to load, I don't suggest sticking around this area of the forum. Also, it IS more convenient if you keep the images that you post to a reasonable size (either by resizing them yourself or simply linking to the image), you don't HAVE to. I personally will not make you. And a flame war based on pic size will not be tolerated. Scrolling around to see all of the post isn't the end of the world. I don't mind a few comments of "please resize your pics", but jumping down someone's throat is not cool. Savvy?

Cleanup In Isle Three: The mod(s) here in Picture Post cannot be in every single thread at every single moment. If someone posts an offensive image (ie: baby murder, kitten decapitation, etc), makes a rude comment, or threadjacks like mad, PLEASE report the post! It makes it ever so much easier for the mods to find and moderate the bad stuff.

Warnings Rock: So you want to post something that might be considered vulgar, graphic, or offensive to some folks. You might not even be sure just how many folks it might shock. First of all, feel free to PM a Picture Post mod and ask their opinion! It can't hurt! Try to refrain from overly controversial content too. We really don't want political arguments, lifestyle choice bashing, etc here. But more to the point, warn folks ahead of time! Either by posting something like "WARNING: POSSIBLY OFFENSIVE" or "WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES AHEAD!" in the subject or at the beginning of the post is nice. Now, with that in mind, nudity in itself is NOT a problem here. You do not need to post a warning for nudity. Nudity should be expected here on StripperWeb.

Count Your Pictures Before They Post: One photo does not a picture post make. Yes, you CAN post a single pic here, but if it's better related in another area (Body Business, for example), try to post it there if it is going to contain a single image (and by single image, I mean counting the comments too!). Likewise, threads with many photos should not be posted in other areas of the forum. Depending on the mod, they might automatically get moved here to Picture Post.

Search Function Is Your Friend:
    Thread revival isn't a bad thing here in Picture Post. If you want to post some pictures, try seeing if there is a thread already established that it might be suitable in. For example, wanna post pics of your butt? Search for a butt or booty thread. Want to show off your Halloween costume? Try searching for costume threads first. Now, don't get me wrong here folks... sometimes it's really nice for the self esteem to have your own post. Feel free. But using some of the Post Your Pics Of _____ threads will help to keep Picture Post easy to browse through!

No Threadjacking please!: Now, minor wanderings off of the topic is ok from time to time. It's part of what makes StripperWeb such a fun place to be, but if a thread has say... 5 posts with actual pictures, and then 4738252378622 posts about something completely off topic, it WILL get closed. Likewise, please read the original poster's text in each thread. If they are creating a free-for-all thread for folks to post their pics of a specific topic, feel free. BUT! But, if they are posing THEIR pics and have worded their post in such a way that it is a thread ONLY about THEIR pics, do not post your own there. It's rude. It's threadjacking.

You're Everywhere I Turn, Darlin: Picture Post encourages you to show off your images! Here's the catch... Create as many threads about your pics as you like, but if you have more than 2 new sets of photos, either make it one big post for the day, or spread them out over a week or two. Having a ton of new posts by ONE person in ONE day can be a bit excessive. Save some room for others.

Opinions Are Like Arseholes:
    Folks might actually ask for critiques, opinions, and comments when they post their pics. IF they do (and some folks may not want critiques), do so in a polite manner please. No one is expecting you to like every single image ever posted here, but being rude about it will get you in hot water with the mods and your fellow posters.

Apples And Oranges: This is Picture Post. Please post pictures here. No video posts. If you have a funny video that you found on Youtube, post it in the Lounge. If you made a video of you at Miss Nude _____ competitions, try Stripping General or Other Work... or hell, even back to the Lounge.

Cross Posting Blues: Unless you posted a specific picture in a thread years and decades ago, try not to cross post. What's a cross post? It's when you post the same image(s) in multiple threads. If you do, keep it to a major minimum, and only when the topics of the threads are extremely specific to the theme of your pics. Sometimes we forget what we posted and where, so TRY to search your posts for where you MIGHT have posted a pic, and if you don't find it, post away! Accidents happen, after all.

Bump, Bump, Bump: Try to refrain from thread bumping. If a post has received zero comments, then ONE bump will be ok. If you really want to revive an old thread, make a comment in it. Make it a topical comment too. Just a "bump" is not acceptable.
    Number of times Rickrolled on stage: 6

Marasmus ... "Ladies don't fart. They butt-laugh."
    Marasmus says, "Oh no, that wasn't gas, it was merely a rectal chuckle."

Marek says, "A friend of mine got punched in the face by a dominatrix stripper about two weeks ago and I thought of you."

Thanks

Default Re: Welcome To Picture Post....

Adding one thing to this list.

If you are not going to keep your images in your post, don't post. IT is no longer a picture post when there are no pics. Therefore, they will be deleted. Don't give mods more work to do by having us clean up threads later on if you take images down.
    Number of times Rickrolled on stage: 6

Marasmus ... "Ladies don't fart. They butt-laugh."
    Marasmus says, "Oh no, that wasn't gas, it was merely a rectal chuckle."

Marek says, "A friend of mine got punched in the face by a dominatrix stripper about two weeks ago and I thought of you."