Thread: how can I make money with this ridiculous setup?

Picaresque

Default how can I make money with this ridiculous setup?

I need ideas. My club's GM has been visiting waaaaaaay too often for my liking lately. Nowadays he'll come in every night for a week, leave for a week or two, and then come right back and plant himself at the bar every night for another week. Just watching us for a week straight.

The problem is, when he's here, he tells the night managers that he wants every girl sitting with a customer at all times "so that no one walks out" (a.k.a. so the bar doesn't lose out on a single precious drink sale. ) So this sets up a situation where every custy in the room soon realizes that they can get our time and company for free. Especially now that it's August and slow as fuck, and there are usually more dancers than customers on any given night. So no one spends anything. Why should they, when it's painfully obvious that we're being forced to give it away for free? Why buy dances when you can sit and drink and bore me to death without spending a single dollar on me? Forget about trying to sell VIP rooms...why would they spend $300 to have me all to themselves when they obviously can have me all to themselves right in their fucking chair while they nurse one beer and watch the stage for free all night?

Last time he was here, I went in the night before he got there and made $400.
    Every night that he was here, and the managers were up our asses about sitting with every customer all the time even if they weren't spending a dime...I never left with more than $60. How stupid do you have to be to not realize that giving it away for free will make your club LESS money, not more? OK, maybe they sold a bit more alcohol...but I guarantee they would have made a lot more if customers actually had to buy dances and rooms to get our time and attention.

So...he's coming in again next week. I've thought about working day shifts next week b/c he's only there at night, but I'm so *not* the dayshift type, and day shift here is known for being 47356294587 times dirtier. DOn't really want to deal with all that bullshit either. And I recently moved, so the only other club I work at is now 2 hours away. Otherwise, I'd totally "go on vacation" whenever the GM came in, and work at the other club until he's gone again.

Is there ANY way to make money in this situation, despite customers seeing that they can clearly get my time for free?

Featured Member
    Thanks

Default Re: how can I make money with this ridiculous setup?

oh heeeeeeeeeellll nooooooo that's such bullshit. It's so backwards. Can you hide in the dressing room? If you don't give in to the pressure to sit with guys who aren't spending, will you be fined or reprimanded?

If there are other girls who agree with you, and none of you sit with the guys, they can't fire all of you.

Edit: what about a split shift?

Thanks

Yea, how about working a split shift. Or are you familiar enough with the GM enough to voice your concerns?

Some Douchebag: "[Pimp C] 12:43 am: its true we got to stick together the black people on SW CK you is teh condoleeza of SW"

...hehehe... email me to ask me where i am ! (i dare you!)
    Thanks

This reminds me of a club locally.... *cough*playerssurfersparadise*cough*

...........and they wonder why I disliked working there so much. They just don't "get it".

I have no advice for you even tho' I have been thru similiar with another club here locally. I just had to grin and bear it. I would go hide in the bathroom even for a while if I had to so I could avoid HAVING to sit with non spending patrons.

enter: E3167322D9 for your 10% discount

Picaresque

eh...no split shift. That's the worst of both worlds: I'd miss the early part of the day shift where businessmen come in on their lunch breaks, then I'd sit around doing nothing while 3-4 customers drink and watch the stage for free (and feed me nonstop "I don't get lapdances...oh but I'd love to take you out" bullshit)...until about 9 pm, and then I'd have to deal with the GM chaining me to non-spending drones until midnight. Bleh.
    Last edited by Picaresque; 08-13-2007 at 10:15 PM.

Yekhefah

I swear to G-d, strip club managers have got to be the lowest form of life on the planet. How stupid do you have to be? Nearly all of them will step over a dollar to pick up a dime, and then spend that dime looking for a penny!

Picaresque

Eh, I think I've decided what to do. There is no hustle tactic that I know of that will convince someone to pay for something they've already got for free.

I'm going to call one of the managers at my old club early next week, and see if I can come back for awhile. The girls I keep in touch with who still work there say the money has picked back up (whereas at my club now it's still in the toilet), and maybe I can work there for 2 weeks or so, until this whole "summer slump and being babysat at work" thing blows over. I've still got my old apartment to crash at b/c my lease isn't up yet, and I didn't leave on bad terms with anyone, so it's worth a try.

God/dess
    Thanks

^ money picked back up in baltimore? i havent been there in a month so thats news to me but its august!

Picaresque

^^ well, supposedly it did at hustler, according to the girls I talked to. And one girl who works with me at GC also lives in Baltimore and works at scores, and she says the money's been decent there lately.

*waits for another Baltimore SW'er to confirm or deny*

Thanks

That manager is a retard. Seriously. My old manager (i miss him!) used to tell us how much money we were loosing by sitting with non-paying customers, and was trying to get us to re-train our clientele.

This may be a long shot, but I have one idea if you want to stay at that club. So, the guys are trained to get stuff for free, eh? Tell the guy you're sitting with that you'll buy him a couple of drinks when you get in a room. Spend $20 to make 200+.... It's worked for me in the past to close the sale with cheap dudes. And funny thing is, so far, I've never had to buy a drink. The guys I closed this way insisted THEY buy, and totally appreciated my offer which must have seemed out of the blue.

Good luck. I'm soooo sorry that this guy is screwing up your money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysondra View Post
    Strippers are like ninjas. You never know how many there are or if the person next to you is one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    ...I assume you probably don't want to deal with pervs, and the guys that just don't give a fuck about money are like unicorns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinder View Post
    I know I have said it before, and I'll say it again.... THE VAGINA IS NOT A CLOWN CAR!

Picaresque

^^ and that works? Well I guess I'll find out; I'll try anything b/c I've got nothing to lose here as it is. Thanks for the idea; I'll let you know how it goes for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,469 Times in 2,039 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by Yekhefah View Post
    I swear to G-d, strip club managers have got to be the lowest form of life on the planet. How stupid do you have to be? Nearly all of them will step over a dollar to pick up a dime, and then spend that dime looking for a penny!

<SCREAMING LAUGHTER> YES!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,469 Times in 2,039 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by Picaresque View Post
    this whole "summer slump and being babysat at work" thing blows over. .
    Have you ever noticed it's always in summer that they want to blame us for the slump. IT SUCKS EVERY SUMMER! That's unavoidable!

Thanks

It sucks when you really realize how much smarter you are than the people in charge of your club. And that you still have to do what they say if you want to work there!
    Check out my new eBay auctions.......

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yekhefah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andygirl View Post
    It sucks when you really realize how much smarter you are than the people in charge of your club. And that you still have to do what they say if you want to work there!
    These quotes sum up what I was thinking. OMFG strip club managers have to be hands down THE dumbest fucks on the face of the earth. Sometimes it is so maddening having to put up with some stupid shit that you KNOW is bad for everyone, and it's as plain as day to you and all the girls, but you can't tell the dumb fuck managers anything because their stupid little caveman egos get in the way of anything that actually makes sense. uuuugggghhhh

I would get some other girls with me, make a big production about leaving and announcing to everyone that "I'll be back when theses stupidass rules are dropped so we can actually make money again."

Quote Originally Posted by pheno View Post
    When you lead a nontraditional life don't try to measure it with traditional milestones.