Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real job schedule/Stripper schedule in portland

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Default Real job schedule/Stripper schedule in portland

Sorry if this is really confusing...even if no one has advice, it helped me just to type it...

For about five months I've been bartending at a bar I used to frequent. One night I walked in and they asked me if I would like to work there. I had no experience, but my husband and I talked it over and decided it would be a great way to get my foot in the door of another lucrative job in case I grew tired of dancing. I started off bartending on the day shift and LOVE it. Its really fun, the money is just ok though. The bar manager likes me a lot and recently changed my shift to Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. I said I would do it and I like it, and the money is about the same. However, there goes the good stripping nights!

I used to pull doubles, working a bar shift during the day and coming in to the club at night. Now I am thinking of just working Mondays and Wednesdays at the club. However, i have a lot of financial goals to meet in the next few months. Would I be pushing too hard by maybe adding a few short dayshifts dancing before bartending?

I'm in Portland. I don't know many clubs that have good dayshift options. I can't work downtown because the bartending job is downtown. I work at Dolphin 2, but I hear the dayshift there is BAD. Maybe Exotica? I feel like I know how nights are in every single club here, but no idea about days at all!

Banned
    Thanks

Default Re: Real job schedule/Stripper schedule in portland

I hear you girl, I have no idea what dayshift is like here either. Is there any way you could switch your bartending schedule to monday tuesday wednesday?

Thanks

I know that holiday is a real hustling machine at Exotica during dayshifts... it's close to the airport & a major trucking hub so it often gets decent amount of daytime business.

Two of my friends that have started dancing in the last year work at DI until 9 pm or 11 pm only. They love it.

Thanks

I think dayshifts are always "BAD" to girls that don't work them. Night girls don't know what to think when they walk in and see a club with only 4 or 5 tables of customers. The truth is, dayshift can have some good quality customers.

I like to work late afternoon, evenings and I've seen pretty good dayshift clientele at Exotica and at Stars Cabaret in Beaverton. I've also heard good things about the Cabarets, but have yet to check them out.

I would probably first suggest checking out D2s dayshift and not listen to the other dancer. You already know that club and may find that it isn't that bad. I mean that day you and I were both at Dolphin 1 - that was a bad dayshift. It is never that bad at Stars or Exotica.

Maybe monday day, wednesday night and then pull a double by working friday day before your bartending job. That's probably what I'd try first.
    I'm confused, but the Chewbacca Truffle Shuffle cleared it up. - Emily

God/dess
    Thanks

Most of the stage clubs have both morning (11-4, 12-5) and mid (4 or 5 to 9pm) shifts, and I would think those would be worth a shot. Sassy's supposedly has good day shifts and isn't too close to downtown. D2 days do suck ass (I'm speaking from experience) which is why they try to strongarm the young and the weak onto them. Maybe Stars is somewhat better?

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I know not all dayshifts are bad...but I am really bad at keeping regulars seeing as I am constantly changing my schedule. It seems like it helps to have some quality regulars on day shifts. I may have to change my stripper habits. I'm assuming D2 days are bad because I always look at the dance sheet and it sometimes has NO dances on it for any girl.

Exotica may be the first I will try. I kind of don't want to drive to Beaverton to do a short shift, because I am lazy. however, when I went in to audition at Exotica the manger refused to come out of her office because she "wasnt auditioning right now" even though i had called that day. They have an 11-4 or so shift, right? I think I'll try again.

Anomar, I don't think i told you but I quit DI and had a "bitch fit" when I left. I can't go back. I have too much pride than to ask P for my job back. And I won't work anywhere with a mandatory "Manager tip out" which is what they have now. He sits at the poker machine all day, using the girls' money. It made me so freakin' mad!

God/dess
    Thanks

why can't you stop bartending? i mean, if you'd rather have those nights to dance.

i personally think a day shift at a sc and then bartending at night would wear me out pretty fast.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

My reason for wanting to keep bartending is I have a feeling I won't want to be dancing for much longer ( a few years or so). It will give me something to fall back on and its really hard to get hired to bartend where I live, since so many people here are service industry types. Plus, i like the job. I just have some big financial goals to meet before ending my stripping career (i have to pay off a $3000 credit card bill, save up for November house taxes, and put a lot of money away for a backpacking trip through Europe next summer).

Thanks

Man, I'll never go back to DI either, since Prince kicked me out for allegedly giving a bj in VIP... in under 3 minutes.... sigh...

If you go to exotica, audition at night when Marty's there. I think that's every night but Monday, probably after 6 pm. He appreciates it when he spots real talent and professional dancers. Then you can schedule for dayshift.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Ok, I would like to work at Exotica and see if I like the day shift. The days I would be able to work are Monday and Thursday. So Exotica girls...a few questions (dont worry, i'll search too but I am lazy).
    So, audition at night even though I want to work during the day? I'll have to do that on Monday I suppose.
    How lenient are they on being late/leaving early? What are the hours for all the shifts? House fee for days?
    Hopefully Holiday is around....she'd probably be able to answer these best

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Oh yeah...also, is it couch dances or table dances?

Thanks

Only regular nude oregon "lap" dances, none of that couch, touchy stuff (thank God).

Shifts with fees:

11-5 ($2
    1-7 ($31)
    3-9 ($3
    6-12 ($3
    8-close ($50)

Tip outs are at yous discresion.

They are generally alright about coming a little late or leaving early, but I think that is if you get it approved ahead of time, they mostly just want to know your schedule and rely on you to stick to what you say.

Personally, I think I'd try to drop in during the day to audition. But I know that was all screwed up last time. If I remember, I'll find out what DJ is working monday, if there is one who usually does daytime auditions I'll let you know, that would be the best scenerio.

I'm excited you're coming to Exotica. I'll probably work with you Mon. and Thursdays .

Thanks

So, why does it put those sunglass face guys on my numbers?

God/dess
    Thanks

Because an 8 followed by a ) becomes sunglasses dude in emoticons. It's annoying but you have to put in an extra space.

Ooh, they have a 3-9 shift? That's attractive. I wanna crash that party.

Thanks

i would go to the a-crop. i have been there many times ( i live like 5 blocks from there. from what i have heard the owner is verry nice and every time i drive by in the day they are busy. ( lots of construction workers) alot of people come to the club just for the steak bites so i dont see why you couldnt make the money there
    when i lose the rest of my weight i will be going there or union jacks

God/dess
    Thanks

Not Union Jacks! Read anomar's posts about what happened to her there.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I actually have auditioned at the Acrop...a LOT of girls want to work there. It is hard to get scheduled. They never called me after I auditioned there But I did not pursue or call them because::I am a vegetarian and the place smells like dead roasted cow...well, steak. I couldnt stand it. And it was FREEZING in there for whatever reason.
    Union Jacks is BAD! Do not work here.

So yes, I think I will be in sometime Monday to audition for Exotica. I also might come in Sunday night to audition though so I could actually work Monday. I'll call during the day on Sunday and see what they say. It will be fun to work with you, Holiday!

I have made a calender basically counting down how I want to pay off my credit card debt in the next three months (highly do-able goal). If I get it done, I am rewarding myself with a Burberry purse I want but don't feel good about buying while I have this debt.

Thanks

Susan, the 3-9 shift is by far my favorite. Especially on a friday, the happy hour crowd the afterwork crowd, commuters that are waiting out the traffic and a few early weekend partyers. The only problem is when there are too many girls on shift. Day girls staying late and night girls getting started early. I basically need to shut up about my club or it'll get worse!

But I want you and Stevie to work with me.

God/dess
    Thanks

Aww! I want to work with you and Stevie too!

Are you working today? Maybe I'll come by and say hi and scope it out.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Dude, all of us working together would be fun!

*sigh* I am terrible at Portland table dances. I've been at the Dolphin clubs for almost three years where I rarely have to do one. For some reason I can be graceful onstage but I am so bad at keeping my balance! I've mastered the couch dance and don't mind the touching aspect anymore...plus I get to be lazy and don't have to stand while doing them. At least I bought lower shoes though since I'm having knee issues. Oh well...I guess this is the opportunity to perfect the table dance (and selling them)!

Thanks

Oh Stevie, I'm sure you'll be fine at the dances.

Susan are you in Portland? I just got back from work and this weekend I head down to Eugene, but if you have time next week we should hang out.

God/dess
    Thanks

Yeah; I'm here through Oct 12th.

Thanks

I know that at Stars Cabaret the day girls can make bank somedays. They go home with more than the night shift because it is all business men.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

*sigh*

So again I am getting dicked around by the Exotica management about auditions...how on earth do girls get started working here?
    I called at 12, the manager wasn't in and they said to call back. I called back, she isn't going to be in today but I can call back at 7 to see if they are auditioning tonight. Well, I don't want to drive out there tonight because I want to work the day of auditioning and I really don't feel comfortable working a night shift because of what I've heard about gang activity there. I just want to do day shift at this club. So I guess I am going to just go work at D2 tonight and try to audition tomorrow during the day.
    If they still won't let me audition during the day tomorrow though I will suck it up and come in at 7 and just schedule for another day.

But seriously, they are absolutely ridiculous.

Eh, I've heard good and bad about Stars. Don't they make you sell t shifts and stuff? I would hate that. But mainly my reason for not trying there is I'm looking for something close-ish for driving and traffic from Beaverton is usually awful at the time I'd be driving back. I'm just trying to pull a quick day shift here and there for a little extra income.

God/dess
    Thanks

I'll be seeing you if you're at D2 tonight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast