Thread: Microfat Grafting and Fat Injections

Thanks

Default Microfat Grafting and Fat Injections

I can't believe this hasn't been talked about more on here. Please link me if I'm wrong.

In this procedure, they lipo your own fat, purify it, then re-inject it into your butt or boobs. In old procedures of this nature, the fat would either shift or die, making it pointless and a waste of money. In this new procedure, they place hundreds and hundreds of tiny injections at different levels of your skin near blood supply so they can live and stay where they are. You only lose about 30% of cells injected, the rest stay put. This is called the Brazilian Butt Lift. Some doctors are starting to do boobs too.

This makes me really excited b/c I've never wanted implants. I so want this now. They lipo all your fat areas (stomach, back, thighs), then put that fat where you actually want it! So not only do you come out with bigger boobs and butt, you are skinny in the middle! I've seen $15,000-20,000 for the lipo and butt, I'm guessing another 5k for boobs too. Not cheap, it really makes implants seem like the affordable option. But I've always believed money is no object when it comes to my body and surgery. It's a fairly new advancement in the art of plastic surgery, but I'm guessing by the time I'm ready for it, it will be more readily available and hopefully a bit less expensive. But I don't care really, it's totally worth it to me to have a bangin body with NO implants whatsoever. And your recovery ain't so bad either, mainly the lipo. I'm wondering if you get to fatten yourself up before hand, lol.

This doctor is in NJ and does both boobs and ass. There is a really great doctor leading this technique in San Fran, but he only does booty at this time.

http://www.pelosimedicalcenter.com/f...ctions_faq.htm

Some info from his site:

Q. What is meant by fat injections?

A. It is the procedure where excess fat is removed from areas such as the abdomen, flanks, hips or thighs and, after special preparation, injected into areas of the body that need filling. Drs. Pelosi specialize in the use of the microfat grafting technique. The process requires gently fat removal using low-vacuum liposuction and the use of thin, delicate, non-traumatic cannulas to protect the survival of each harvested living fat cell. The fat cells are then purified and slowly injected thru tiny skin incisions into the tissue of the recipient site utilizing a small syringe and cannula. Tiny droplets are placed throughout the tissues assuring that each transferred fat cell will have an adequate blood supply to achieve the permanent survival of the injected fat cells.
    Buttocks Rejuvenation (Brazilian Lift)
    Microfat grafting can add fullness to any part of, or the entire, buttocks to create the desired look. The fat is first gently liposuctioned from the abdomen, flanks, hips or thighs and then processed using a sterile decanting technique. The purified fat is then injected into the buttocks with special cannulas. Postoperative recovery is mild and easily controlled by medication. This office procedure is performed at our office totally under local tumescent anesthesia. The surgical fee depends on the amount of fat which must be obtained and the number of donor areas which must undergo liposuction to obtain enough fat. Microfat grafting assures lasting results and gives a very natural shape and feel to the buttocks. Once the swelling is down, there is a return to normal sensation, the grafted areas look and feel natural and there are no physical restrictions after the first 2 weeks.
    Breast Augmentation
    Patients who desire breast augmentation but are wary of implants can have breast augmentation using their own fat. Drs. Pelosi use the microfat grafting technique for breast augmentation. Following the fat transfer the breasts will look and feel normal and the results are long lasting. A small number of patients may develop small fat necrosis areas (also seen in patients who have breast reduction using liposuction). In the past, breast augmentation using fat injections was frowned upon by breast surgeons because the presence of fat necrosis would interfere with breast cancer detection. But MRI changed that. The MRI can determine what fat necrosis is and what can actually be early cancer cells.
    What do you guys think?? I'm very excited and will post more info as I find it in my research if you want me to.

They have been doing this in South America for awhile, but I've read some horror stories about respected surgeons and would never get anything done outside of the US after reading them.

Featured Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Microfat Grafting and Fat Injections

Ive heard about the Brazilian butt lift from watching Dr. 90210 a few times and wondered how it differed from a traditional butt lift. This seems like a really great advancement and I would also consider this procedure. I wonder how much larger can it make your breasts? Also, have you seen any before and after pics that look good?

Featured Member teeth_of_the_hydra's Avatar
    Thanks

Like you, LR, I am really not into the idea of having artificial implants in my body. This is less an issue of principle than of pragmatism for me. I would someday like to do service work in developing nations, but I belive I would be promptly rejected for any programs such as the Peace Corps if I have an implant that might need medical attention/ upkeep, as I'd necessarily like to be in a place where no such facilities exist.

And yet, I'd love to have some crazy fuckin' tittties, zero crows' feet and smile lines, and I could stand to slurp a little of the "love" from my handles. I agree that this procedure sounds potentially awesome.

My mother works in a medical office in NY, and her boss is one of the first doctors who started performing Lasik. There were some problems with it at first (one of the ones that still exists is that no one is sure what happens to people who get Lasik 25 or 50 years after the surgery), and she was very suspicious of the procedure. She's a smart woman who's very well-versed in surgical advances, and she has always told me that when you're considering a new procedure, wait a few years for any modifications/ recalls to be made, and to see how other people react to it. In a meantime, insurance companies may start to cover the procedure (not likely for this one, unfortunately!), more doctors will start learning how to do it, and the price may drop (kinda like the VCR or the more recent iPhone ), making it safer, more accessible, and cheaper.

I'd love to have this kind of thing done by the time I'm 30. I looked super young until the year before last, but my age is starting to show in my face and boobs. My butt and midsection are as plump and firm as a peach... surely they could stand to share the wealth with the rest of my body.

Thanks

as for the booby one, last i heard it still didn't last very long.

however a dr in japan has modified this procedure but is doing something with your own stem cells making it actually turn into breast "fat"

there is a link in here somewhere about that one. but it costs $25g

We have ZUMBA!
    Also Hip Hop Caberet, Bellydance & Pole Yoga!

My Pole Cat ~ Fully Removable Poles!
    Now selling Platinum Stages Poles!
    Order through me & get a FREE instructional video!

"Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from." Jodie Foster

my myspace

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sassysummer View Post
    as for the booby one, last i heard it still didn't last very long.

however a dr in japan has modified this procedure but is doing something with your own stem cells making it actually turn into breast "fat"

there is a link in here somewhere about that one. but it costs $25g
    ^How interesting. I recently read an article about a case in Germany where surgeons were able to stimulate skull bone growth in a young girl (she had a 14 in^2 HOLE in her skull...you could see her brain pulsing) by using bits of ground up bone mixed with stem cells harvested from her buttocks. After several weeks she had a thin plate of skull where there was previously none and no longer had to wear a protective helmet. Off topic but still somewhat relevant in terms of the plausibility of such procedures.

Featured Member
    Thanks

The only bad thing about this is and I had a Doctor tell me this - fat is absorbed back into your body. It might stay and then again, it might not

God/dess
    Thanks

I think the challenge is to learn how to manipulate the stem cells to differentiate into the specific tissue you want to grow.

I'm curious to read more about this Japanese doctor. Anybody have a link?

Thanks

We have ZUMBA!
    Also Hip Hop Caberet, Bellydance & Pole Yoga!

My Pole Cat ~ Fully Removable Poles!
    Now selling Platinum Stages Poles!
    Order through me & get a FREE instructional video!

"Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from." Jodie Foster

my myspace

God/dess
    Thanks

Thanks!

eta: his name is Dr. Kotaro Yoshimura and here's a fairly recent article detailing more information.

"Newswise — Stem cells derived from human fat tissue were reported today to demonstrate early success in reconstructive surgeries in over 30 patients in Japan that underwent facial and breast procedures. The results from an investigator-initiated study by Dr. Kotaro Yoshimura of Tokyo University in Japan were presented today at the 4th Annual Meeting for the International Fat Applied Technology Society taking place in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Reconstructive Surgery
    Dr. Yoshimura performed an innovative stem cell treatment on 39 patients who underwent procedures ranging from repair of congenital facial and breast defects, aesthetic enhancements to breast reconstruction following partial mastectomy. The procedure is similar to a conventional lipo-injection. Yoshimura’s team lipo-suctioned fat from his patients, concentrated stem cells found in the fat, then injected the fat and stem cells into the areas of damaged tissue. Each patient received his or her own fat and stem cells.

Until know, doctors have injected fat into damaged tissue to give physical or mechanical support. However, eventual loss of that fat, called atrophy, is now a common occurrence in patients who have had injected fat therapy. Yoshimura observed minimal atrophy in his patients, and believes the stem cells were a key to keeping fat healthy and allowing it to rejuvenate."

http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/524629/

Thanks

If it worked and the fat stayed where I wanted it to, I would probably do it. I would love to take some belly fat and put it in my boobs!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,123 Times in 1,947 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

I took a look at the before and after photos of the butt augmentation and I wasn't impressed. The results were too subtle. It's a great concept though. http://www.pelosimedicalcenter.com/b...eforeafter.htm
    Rich men only worry about money in their business ventures.
    Broke men worry about money in their relationships with women.

Thanks

I know of 2 Transgenders qho have done fat grafting from their stomachs to their boobs/hips. It looks super bumpy and lumpy...like it has dissolved in some areas but not in others maybe because there are serious lumps!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,566 Times in 4,646 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Blog Entries

^^^ I had discussed this issue with more than one plastic surgeon in the past. There was a major concern about calcification taking place at the boundary between natural breast tissue cells and injected cell clumps. I have tried fat transplants to my lips in the past, including the 50% 'distillation' procedure, and after 2-3 years much of the added volume simply disappeared.

As to the addition of stem cells to the transplanted fat, only time will tell. However, given that the Japanese doctor was talking about 150cc worth of permanent transplanted fat into each breast, by American standards at least the huge cost vs minimal size increase probably isn't salable.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,566 Times in 4,646 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Blog Entries

^^^ I had discussed this issue with more than one plastic surgeon in the past. There was a major concern about calcification taking place at the boundary between natural breast tissue cells and injected cell clumps. I have tried fat transplants to my lips in the past, including the 50% 'distillation' procedure, and after 2-3 years much of the added volume simply disappeared.

As to the addition of stem cells to the transplanted fat, only time will tell. However, given that the Japanese doctor was talking about 150cc worth of permanent transplanted fat into each breast, by American standards at least the huge cost vs minimal size increase probably isn't salable for breast augmentation.

God/dess
    Thanks

found more info on Cell-assisted lipotransfer for soft tissue augmentation

"Dr. Yoshimura and his team have already treated 54 patients (for breasts and facial procedures) since beginning their clinical trials in 2003, and have had no major problems. With 39 stem-cell breast augmentations already performed, Dr. Yoshimura is confident that the technique will be widely adopted within the next 5 years. Already approved in the European Union and Britain, stem cell-assisted breast enhancement may soon become a reality in the United States."

Interesting article followed by an interview with Dr. Yoshimura:
    http://www.makemeheal.com/news/augme...gh-stem-cells/

haha this made me laugh:

MMH: Do breasts of a stem-cell assisted breast augmentation look and feel more real to the touch compared to silicone or saline implants?

Dr. Yoshimura: Absolutely! I hope you touch them to recognize how natural they are.

Thanks

Any updates on this 10 years after the original posting? 10 years ought to be enough that some of y'all have tried this and/or they have improved the technique. There is a place here in Portland that uses stem cells, supposedly making results more permanent. I don't want implants but want a solid cup size increase... thoughts?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Adrienne7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've been curious about this as well for the boobs and wondering if anyone here has experience with this.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to random stripper For This Useful Post: